It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camping [NATURE]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Camping

Last year I finally got out of the dulldrum of the cityish suburb I live in to go camping with my family. Anyone of them will tell you I am nuts about nature. I love animals more than people, I love smelling the flowers, watching the butterflies and animals (whenever I can find them). And I especially love big thunderstorms, they soothe me and energize my soul. I think I could not have asked better of a camping trip. Beautiful sunrise at daybreak on the first day, lovely weather, kind of hot, but bearable. We hiked and checked out frogs and mushrooms and gators in the river. We swam in the pool, of course you couldn't swim in the river because of the Gators. We had wonderful fire cooked meals with smores at night.

And then the storm came. A thunderous boom signaled it's arrival, the kids screaming and running from thier tent into ours. It started pouring and it was the most beautiful sound I ever heard and our tent stayed dry. (The children's tent got flooded and we had to bail the water out the next day and let it dry). You could see the flashes of lightening through the thin tent canvas. It was a spectacular display. And this storm lasted long. I remember it was also a full moon. I felt so safe, even though I probably wasn't, but just as I said I always was soothed by thunderstorms. This was the best one yet, and I felt closer to it than any other. It was transending. Even Mother Nature's destructive forces are beautiful. And you appreciate life a lot more when you survived that kind of storm sleeping in the wilderness, without getting struck by the lightening! It makes you feel more alive, almost superhuman. It's an amazing feeling. I will never forget the best camping trip I ever had!
edit on 13-6-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You made a transcending event out of what would've been a horrible event to many people. You became a part of the nature you were seeking. Good stuff.

join