It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland sorry for clashes, wants harsh penalties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Poland sorry for clashes, wants harsh penalties

www.foxnews.com

Polish authorities apologized on Wednesday for the violence that broke out around a soccer match with Russia and pledged severe penalties for hooligans detained after bloody clashes near the stadium and at a fan zone.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
VERY SORRY

"We are very sorry that our guests were attacked by hooligans and they lost their feeling of security," said Jacek Kozlowski, Governor of Masuria province.

"But police managed to reduce the thre

The trouble flared after a march by thousands of Russian supporters came under attack by masked hooligans.

The violence is an embarrassment for the Polish co-hosts who had until then presided over a mostly peaceful tournament, despite worries about soccer hooliganism across Eastern Europe.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Pretty shocking scenes and obviously with the history, they were never gonna stop all the violence.

Must say though, the arrogant Russians never helped themselves, from what I know, a minority have been winding up the Poles since they got there and also, kicking in stewards doing their jobs, isn't going to help either.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

If they had been England fans we would have been band by now.

More double standards from U.E.F.A.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I'm so disgusted by these soccer hooligans; in my books when international sportsmen/women come together there is no room for politics, religion, or racism! This is when Mankind comes together as ONE to show the international arena the best of their abilities and in this case to play such a beautiful sport of football.

This was on lateline I watched today - watch and cry:

www.sbs.com.au...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Just released, Russia fined and given a suspended 6 point deduction. I must say I thought they would get kicked out instantly. May still happen yet.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Polish officials say that the Polish radicals, which attacked in masks Russian tourists to football had nothing to do.
I think that these people were simply processed by an anti-Russian propaganda

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Polish football scene is HECTIC! It's a 24x7 running battle in Krakow between anti-wisla and the sharks dependent on which housing estate you live in.

People get stabbed and beaten over football when it isn't even match day.

To have the event in Poland was extremely questionable to begin with

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
the Polish football fans rioted again at Euro 2012. This time the tournament hosts attacked in Poznan on the Croatian national team fans at the end of the match of 2nd round group stage of the European Championship with the Italian team (1-1) on June 14.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Both Polish and Ukrainian hooligans will target Dutch, German and Russian fans as all have large and active firms themselves.
But the favourite target of all will be the English who are still perceived as top of the hooligan league.

No doubt when this happens, as it will when England play the Ukraine next Tuesday, then England will be blamed and become the focus of Platini and Blatter's ire and retribution, yet again.

ETA

reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

It's a 24x7 running battle in Krakow between anti-wisla and the sharks dependent on which housing estate you live in.

I got told about the rivalry and violence between the various Krakow firms when I got to sharing a few beers with some locals when in Krakow.
edit on 15/6/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Both Polish and Ukrainian hooligans will target Dutch, German and Russian fans as all have large and active firms themselves.
But the favourite target of all will be the English who are still perceived as top of the hooligan league.

No doubt when this happens, as it will when England play the Ukraine next Tuesday, then England will be blamed and become the focus of Platini and Blatter's ire and retribution, yet again.

ETA

reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

It's a 24x7 running battle in Krakow between anti-wisla and the sharks dependent on which housing estate you live in.

I got told about the rivalry and violence between the various Krakow firms when I got to sharing a few beers with some locals when in Krakow.
edit on 15/6/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

Dumb asses, the violence has nothing to do with football and they're targeting the wrong people anyway. If these Polish fools really have disgruntlement, then why are they beating on football fans? Surely, it's the authorities of the people, regardless of country, that should be getting targeted.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Who's the dumb asses?

If you're referring to myself an the other poster...where did we say it was all football related?

In Krakow it dates back to soviet days when one side was the police team..most football violence has little to do with football.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

why, in neighboring Ukraine, no one is beating?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by marvinthemartian

If they had been England fans we would have been band by now.

More double standards from U.E.F.A.

They hate England and particularly Chelsea! Blatter and Plattini would gladly see the Premier League wiped out. The look of disgust on Plattini's face when he handed the Champions League trophy to Terry was telling.

I agree entirely that had this been the English fans retribution would have been swifter and harsher. Fact is, most of the time the perpetrators are a minority who want to cause trouble.

The Russians marched through the city centre when they played the Poles as it was their National day. No surprise that it caused friction given the history in that part of the world.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

One Russian, Dmitry Kuznetsov from Moscow, remains in hospital after the attack of Polish hooligans. Returning June 12 to the bus after the match, he received a blow on the head and was taken to hospital in Tomaszow Mazowiecki. He has damage to the vessels of the brain

new topics

top topics

join