It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese woman disfigured by tumors, can't afford treatment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm not easily upset or disturbed, but this story has left me nearly crying. If I was wealthy,
I'd contact this poor woman immediately and arrange payment for her medical treatment.

This illness has left her disfigured to the point that she is shunned in public.
It's fairly late evening now, but tomorrow I am going to start contacting people
and try to help this woman. I know a big corporate manager at eBay who has
done some charity stuff before. Some past eBay\Paypal drives have raised
large sums in a matter of days. I'm going to contact the eBay mgr.
If anyone who sees this has any contacts that can be of help, then please join the effort.
It appears her story is worldwide news now, so hopefully some wealthy celebs might
donate the appx $100K her treatment will cost.

This poor woman needs help.

The MedicalDaily has a huge readership. This could be a Godsend for her.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Wow, so you have never heard about starving children across the world?
Or people who have no access to clean water?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan

I'd prefer comments from people that actually have compassion. Not snide, condescending remarks from someone who likes to think they're "worldly" because they know that there are starving children out there. Go away.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I wonder if the condition is painful for her.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Seriously?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan

I can't change the world, but I can certainly spare a few bucks for this lady.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Pick your cause and donate ..... your time, your money, your resources.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yes, nowhere did I say I did not feel compassion for this woman. You and the OP are right, it did come off as snide.
I meant no ill intention with that.

I guess I should have made my point that there are so many problems in the world that this becomes sort of a daily thing. Every time I read an article like this I, I feel like another leaf falling onto an already massive pile. I know that sounds cliche, but it's the truth.

Again I apologize my friends, for my awkwardly rude first post. I should have elaborated more.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing this up
. Saw this on Daily Mail today. Heart breaking story. S&F.

edit on 12-6-2012 by JMech because: duplicate link

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I can't stand the mantra "there are worse problems in the world"

There will always be worse problems in the world. Yes, there are people living in landfills in Africa. But worrying about them still won't pay my rent.

It is actually a very dismissive attitude.
It is comparing a sitution to something you have no control over. IT is patronizing. And the only person it benefits is the person saying it.

Just because there are worse problems in the world, doesn't negate what this woman has or any other problem anyone else has.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
LeTan...
I'm sorry I got so angry at your reply. This woman's plight really struck me on a personal level because my mother went through some hardships too.

Good news! I have heard that some Chinese govt officials are getting Li the medical attention she needs.
A doctor said it was really a lifesaving for her, because she would not have lived much longer without treatment.
Her youngest son was actually begging in the streets. He was located and brought home to be with his mom.

While out in public recently, Li said a little boy tried to give her a single penny but his mother had pulled him back, telling him that Li was a monster and it would bring bad luck.

Li said: "Of all of the things that have happened to me that was one of the memories that hurts the most – I know that a lot of people see me as a monster but I am just a normal woman and a mother."

top topics

join