It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devil/Lucifer/Shaitan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
What is ats opinion on this evil?

My personal opinion is this evil is only strong, becuase we let it be. All the devil really is, is deception. If we do not let it decieve, it holds no power. I think anything that tries to decieve is the devil. My main point on the devil is this, it is a part of humanity and the devil is no way more powerful than us, that is why he is on earth.

And why is the devil compared to God when God is the one who created him? its like comparing humans to God!
edit on 12-6-2012 by DuecesxGeneral because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral

My personal opinion is this evil is only strong, becuase we let it be. All the devil really is, is deception. If we do not let it decieve, it holds no power. I think anything that tries to decieve is the devil. My main point on the devil is this, it is a part of humanity and the devil is no way more powerful than us, that is why he is on earth.

And why is the devil compared to God when God is the one who created him? its like comparing humans to God!

I fully believe in the existence of Hillel ben Shachar (the being known as "the Devil") as well as other spiritual beings. And I do agree with the rest of your assessment. He is only as powerful as we allow him to be. If we take refuge in the Name of the Most High, there is nothing he can achieve.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DuecesxGeneral

Te devil is just a personification of all that we deem evil. There is no devil just a scapegoat for all the the things we feel are immoral.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You couldn't find an existing thread about this?

S e a r c h

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

For the record these are three (supposed?) different beings.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xertious

For the record these are three (supposed?) different beings.

ina way yes and no. The reason why i say yes is because, one is an angel, another fallen angel,another and a jinn. The reason why i say no, is because they all want one thing to misguide us.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The pain from lies is felt in the victim as betrayal. This puts evil into a broader category. Evil would be defined then as- anything that leaves one feeling betrayed.

But evil goes much deeper than just betrayal. Evil is anything that opposes God- which is essentially the totality of truth itself. In being a creation of God, you are doing God's will by simply existing- since it was God's will for you to exist. You aren't here of your own will and you aren't here to do your will. But any will you have IS God's will. So. Evil is that which makes you lose confidence in yourself. It makes you lose trust in the universe. And above all, it makes you judgemental.

Being judgemental is really the most ultimate and most subtle sins there are. In being judgemental (especially assigning negative judgement), you are effectively saying, "God. You are bad at what you do". There couldn't be anything more foolish.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

Te devil is just a personification of all that we deem evil. There is no devil just a scapegoat for all the the things we feel are immoral.

A devil is any being who possess evil attributes. So there are really lots of devils. But if there are advanced beings that have come here in the past who are superior to humans, who are perceived to be evil, I can see how we could have given the label to them.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Basically, I believe evil begins with the belief that something is evil. I believe we control our perception of reality and that evil doesn't have to exist and is relative to the individual.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

I also agree with this point.The devil is a human creation although not fully intentional, but is a good excuse for many "believer" people when they want to prove their subjective truth to be an objective truth.
The devil myth also serves as a good coverup for the misbehaves of a group or an individual, so after it seems that they were tempted by the devil, they didn't wanted to do it but the devil was the cause rather than themselves.I think if this kind of mental stereotypes can lead to very narrow thinking and mental stagnation.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral

Satan is not on earth, not yet. He is still in the throne room of Heaven accusing Yeshua's believers constantly. He doesn't get thrown down until Revelation 12 is fulfilled. He is not more powerful than the children of Yeshua, we have power over him through our Father in Heaven.

new topics

top topics

join