It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's watching Euro 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I know ATS has an international community so I thought I'd ask.... Who do you guys see winning Euro 2012? I am an American but of European decent. So naturally I have to go with my Italians....

I've found the group matches to have some intriguing political undertones too, as I watch Poland vs. Russia.

So what country will win and who are you supporting?

(If this is in the wrong forum I apologize)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

Trouble on the streets:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

As for who will win it................Why England of course

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

Trouble on the streets:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

As for who will win it................Why England of course

I saw this. Haha who would of thought there would be issues between Russian and Polish fans?!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm going with the Germans, talented bunch they are.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Germany all the way. People have been and passed but England is yet to win some silver ware and after last nights match it doesn't seem like they'll even get passed the group stages.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Im thinking germany has a good chance and im rooting for germany.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

The Germans certainly have a hard group but their win over Port. in the first game was a huge score for them...

I could see a German or Spanish victory.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Pretty good tournament so far I think. There's been one huge shock with Holland losing to Denmark, there's been lots of goals, and some good one's too, such as Poland's goal against Russia literally in the last 5 minutes (I'm watching it on tv
) and even England avoided a humiliating loss against an obviously better team. There was same trouble too but that was to be expected at this tournament I guess and in my personal opinion It's not been nearly as bad as was expected (or perhaps It's just not been reported, who knows).

Over all It's going alright so far I think. Let's hope it continues.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am, and England and Ireland both suck ass, so I got nuffin to look forward to lol

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

That goal was cracking RA! I want Russia to win, looks like they're struggling now though

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I think they have an alright chance. I mean, they should finish top of this group after all and sure, It's still not going to be easy for them, but a team like Russia going into the next stage playing a team who could only manage second in their group.. well, that has to help them to a degree, surely. Even if it's only mentally. They're certainly not a bad over all team anyway so who knows how far they can go.

I think England, although I may be biased (
) have a better chance than they're given credit for as well - and yeah, I'm thinking that after the France game. We're a defensive team right now and I think It's pretty well known how well that kind of system can do - Take Chelsea for example in the champions league. Greece when they won the tournament etc. Up front we're not too shabby either - particularly when Rooney, arguably one of the best forwards in football, comes back.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I've always loved the euro tournament. There are so many rivalry built into European football that every game is grudge match almost. Makes for a great watch!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I'm going for France and Ireland due to ancestry
(I'm Canadian).

It would be nice to see Poland do well too since they are the host team.

As for watching it, I spent the whole weekend drunk and I'm at work right now so I haven't seen many of the games. At least I can access ATS from work, but streaming flash content is pushing it

I'm sure I will pay more attention in the later rounds of the tournament.

BTW I hope England gets eliminated ASAP!
edit on 12-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

BTW I hope England gets eliminated ASAP!

Aaaaaand Post-Banned!

edit on 12-6-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

LOL @ the post ban comment, I dunno, England have always let me down, least they cudda done was beat france after what they done to Ireland lol.... Fingers crossed aye, my Man U team players will lead the way forward

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yes, and i ended up losing 80 dollars.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I'm loving this tournament so far. Can see a lot of "shocks" happening, although they won't really be shocks if they do as there are no bad teams in this competition. Far harder to win than the World Cup, for example.

As to who will win............well i do have a sneaky feeling for England just because i can see us winning all our remaining games 1-0. Mind you, any deviation from that scoreline and we may be in trouble!

More sensibly, Italy may well surprise everyone. They tend to win international competitions when they are being accused of match fixing!
(happened twice before).

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
What ever happened to the 6 goal thrillers?

new topics

top topics

join