It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy weather for WA (Western Aus) Perth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It's only a few weeks into winter here, and we've had a tornado and violent storms.. I know a lot of people here will look at the vid and think this is nothing compared to what they're used to, but this is Perth. Dullsville.

They say we're headed for a storm tonight that may be as strong as the one we had on Sunday, but over a wider area. We were lucky here, our power never went out for long, but some places here are still out and some told it may e a week for them to get power back.

And we pay through the nose for our electricity... It's a shame all the execs get fat bums earning all that profit and don't put any back into providing a better service - when it's hot here, it's HOT so every man and his dog puts on their fancy air cons, and bam.. power goes out. When it's cold it's COLD and every man and his dog bungs on the reverse cycle heating and bam.. power goes out.

This is so far a rare event so close into winter. We've had storms, but they say this isn't going to ease up for a while, and god knows what we'll get through the rest of winter.

So if a lot of WA people here (waves) don't reply or log on in the next few days, blame OzWeatherman. Wherever he is, he's causing these things I know it... why else would he be involved in the weather!!!!

I just hope our roof stays on tonight... it's the only thing between us and the wet stuff falling down

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
fingers crossed its not as intense as the last one, so dis-heartening starting such a big clean up only to know theres more to come. You can get the feeling winters gonna be a beauty this year. i cant remember it being so bloody cold this earlly on
. East coast here so no storms to worry about. Stay safe WA.
edit on 12-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: because

was talking to an old fella the other day about this, he said its how winter should & use to be, not these mild winters we have. hmm guess im to young to remember that

edit on 12-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
fingers crossed its not as intense as the last one, so dis-heartening starting such a big clean up only to know theres more to come. You can get the feeling winters gonna be a beauty this year. i cant remember it being so bloody cold this earlly on
. East coast here so no storms to worry about. Stay safe WA.
edit on 12-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: because

I also can't really recall a time when both the East coast and West both had rotten weather. Usually we're suffering 40c heat while you guys are dealing with floods. Or we're freezing cold and can't keep warm while you guys are sweltering.

So far the rain has been sporadic, hard and heavy but no signs of too much yet, at least where I am. It's started to pick up in some suburbs, and we're told around 10pm it will really hit.

Sadly we've had one fatality from this so far, and it was a poor bugger helping out a neighbour, fell through his roof 5 meters down and died. I hope he is the one and only, but with the power already out, and it likely to be out for a lot longer for a lot of people, there will be many elderly who just might not make it out. That's a big worry for a lot of families.

And so far I think the most people can get out of verve (our power company monopoly) is $80 to compensate for loss of produce in the fridge.

Oh I spoke too soon, here's the rain again.. As long as the wind stays as it is..

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The old are a huge worry in these weather events, poor old fella. Well Id be assuming we'll probably get a bit of wet residue come across in a week from what your coping. Of course nothing like whats happening there. We still have low lying water laying around from the last event. The mozzies aahh at least the cold has slowed them down. Well as I said good luck.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
More extreme weather events have been in the forecast by climatologists for quite a few years now and only expected to increase. The average temperature of the Earth is heating up so there is more energy is the system that needs to dissipate. The science has been out for a while, continues to grow and is quite strong, but the propaganda and fear campaigns to protect carbon industries is making it hard for this message to be heard.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
More extreme weather events have been in the forecast by climatologists for quite a few years now and only expected to increase. The average temperature of the Earth is heating up so there is more energy is the system that needs to dissipate. The science has been out for a while, continues to grow and is quite strong, but the propaganda and fear campaigns to protect carbon industries is making it hard for this message to be heard.

Yes thats what the insurance companies are telling us when the put up premiums x4 in 12 mths
. Although this would come under in insurance/local council propaganda headline. Local councils over this way seem to be drawing up new flood zones in their sleep. Example being: I can not find one bit of recorded info on where my house is of this land ever being flooded. We have been here for 13yrs and never been "in flood zone" But what do ya know this year we are. Now Im not saying its imposable but there would be a huge, probably like nothing our country has ever seen before disaster if I were flooded. Anyway that be another whole story.
I have family&friends in WA, so might just try see how their going.

top topics

join