It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance is Bliss - Don't read if you enjoy living in bliss - *Warning*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I posted a comment on another thread, replying to someone who posted this;

If the exterior of a woman is what deems hotness to you, more power to ya, but pretty girl with no redeeming qualities is not hotness imo. That's like having a Lambo in the garage with no engine. But hey, that's just me.

Which I ended up having the urge to reply with this;

Inside qualities about women or men are considered good qualities but let's face it. The only people that even says it's about what's on the "inside" that matters not not the outside are most likely probably the people who are lacking in the self-esteem department. Whatever the issue that may be, that causes them to lack in such department is the reason for their natural equilibrium for being "nice" towards others.

Sorry but the exterior of a woman does matter because it's the first thing we see about a person which ultimately decides what we think of the person. There's many people out there that will settle for less than what they consider "attractive" and would offten reassure these people that they are attractive for what's inside just so the relationship actually has the chance to last longer. Nobody wants to be alone, and it's only human nature to feel this way. Sorry, but it's life. 4s end up with 4s, 6s end up with 6s, 9s end up with 9s, so on and forth. It's just the way it is.

If people believe long enough that it's really the inside that matters. They will eventully believe their own lies because they don't want to believe that that's how the entire World just may be. Truth hurts, that's all I can say about it.

There's a reason why there is a saying, that "nice guys finish last".

And that is one of the many reason why Ignorance is Bliss.

After posting the comment, got me thinking about creating my own thread on the topic of "Ignorance is Bliss" and possibly talk about the topics, and maybe even understanding them better. In this thread, we share our knowledge and widsom that often makes us miserable. I say miserable, because that's how I am. After all, it is the opposite of bliss. I figure sharing the knowledge and widsom with others that actually understand how we could possibly make us less miserable, even if it's just for a day

If this thread kicks off, I will post more topics regarding "Ignorance is bliss" from my personal experience.

Regards,

edit on 11-6-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I can't fathom what was ignorant about MY opinion, but, I must let you know that I'm far from ignorant, and I'm not blissful about anything. I don't understand where any of this arose from. I'm very aware of what goes on around me and I happen to know a thing or two about the ladies.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
.....in the eye of the beholder.
and often its on the inside.

I've met many woman where I found their inner beauty far more appealing than the artificial exterior.
edit on 11-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I think your thread just kicked off!

One point to make, don't judge a book by its (superficial) cover. Content is what matters.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
I can't fathom what was ignorant about MY opinion, but, I must let you know that I'm far from ignorant, and I'm not blissful about anything. I don't understand where any of this arose from. I'm very aware of what goes on around me and I happen to know a thing or two about the ladies.

One - I wasn't making this base on you. What you said, reminded me of something I've already thought about in the past.

Two - Why are you getting so defensive?

Three - This has nothing to do with knowing anything about ladies.

Four - Please don't waste you're time arguing with me. I'm not even going to waste my time aruging with you because I don't know anything about you. What you say about yourself here, is your own words against mine because I don't know anything about you. But I wish I did, because I would love to pick you apart and make you realize why you're so nice and believe that it's the "inside" that matters about women.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
HAHA nail on the head I hate that saying. Now I dont like vain and mentally devoid women but you can tell alot about someone from outside appearance. Whats on the inside does count but why settle for one or the other? Get them both

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Firstly, I will defend myself if I deem that someone is on the offensive with me. If I took your thread out of context, my apologies bro. Secondly, I wasn't arguing. And lastly, your quote from me was from a thread about the ladies, hence, my response.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
And as far as picking me apart, ain.t gonna happen. I'm all for open dialogue. I can assure you of this though, I'm no pimply faced kid in a basement having delusions of grandeur.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Not here to derail your thread, man. I'm out.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Excuse me, but I have to disagree with one of your basic premises:

Sorry but the exterior of a woman does matter because it's the first thing we see about a person which ultimately decides what we think of the person.
You're certainly correct that the exterior is the first thing we see about a person, and obviously, attractiveness attracts. But if you think that our first impression "ultimately decides" our final judgment, I object.

The first example that comes to mind is Fran Drescher. She is attractive, but if I had to live with her for a month, I'd be squirting caulking compound in my ears. Would you want to be committed to spending your life with Lindsay Lohan? There have been beautiful women throughout history who have been both figuratively and literally deadly.

If you are comfortable with the idea that your ultimate decision about a woman depends on her physical, external attractiveness, perhaps your experience hasn't been wide enough to introduce you to any horrible beauties. They are out there, I assure you.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I read your post several times because I just could not believe how shallow and misunderstood you views are. Your avatar shows spiritual understandings yet your post is deeply rooted in the visually physical. I will not even take a guess as to why this is, but it is apparent that you are not looking for the deeper understandings of at least this situation as I see your words. I have begun typing and started over and over trying to find the words for you, but I feel it will fall on deaf ears. I will say this, there is a difference between being hot and being beautiful. Hot is an expression of the outside and beauty is the whole package. If you truly believe people are shallow enough not to see the beauty of others then it seems to me you are perpetrating the lie the fashion magazines are trying to perpetuate.

I know these words seem harsh and I wish you to know I am not attacking you, I am only attempting to show the shallowness of the thought pattern. People do use first impressions to base opinions but the thing is if people saw others as individuals and treated them as individuals they will see the beauty or ugliness of the person regardless of how the shell looks. Yes people get caught up in the fashion and the makeup and/or being popular but these are sometimes the most vain and shallow people with the lowest self esteem.

As for Bliss, it can be found in anything if you look deep enough and go beyond the outer layers. Going deeper into anything brings better understanding and focus.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

That's ok. I don't mind someone derailing my thread as long as they believe that I'm personally offensive against them, which I'm not.

You don't have to be a pimply faced kid living in a basement to this way. The natural equilibrium can be a result of many things and not just how someone looks physically. Like I said, I don't know you, therefore it would be pointless to argue with you. I wish I could pick you apart, I've picked a few people a part before and made them admit the truth in the end. It's funny what people believe, after lying to themselves for so long.

And you did take this thread out of context. And I'm sorry if I offended you. But, hey. I agree with you; the inside matters because it does, but not if you don't find them attractive.
Otherwise, I believe these people are just settling for less out of fear of being alone. And I'm not talking about you, in general. I'm talking about the majority of the men.

This thread already crashed and burned. The purpose was misunderstood and taken out of context. And Polo, I apolagize if I offended you becasuse it wasn't what I intended to do. I just wanted people to see things from a different perspect and open to the possibility that maybe that's why nice guys are nice guys.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

So, say you're a 10, and the dumb blonde on the next bar stool is a physical 10, but doesn't know her a** from a gopher hole. I mean the only thing she knows is how to put her makeup on.

What then?

Is that really what you want in a relationship?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What it boils down to, is not what other defines as beautiful or important. To some, a person is a entity of emotion and defining qualities surrounded by a shell of flesh. Other define physical beauty as what satisfies their internal needs and desires.

Do not lie to yourself and say you were never lost in a person eyes or cleavage or muscular form. Yet, you cant also say that you have not felt the warmth and emotional bond with something.

External beauty, internal beauty, human beauty, natural beauty and man made beauty. Its where you see it and how it satisfies your needs.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Hey Mark, no harm no foul bro. Sorry about your thread man. And I do get what you're saying. Peace.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This thread is why I have a cat.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Wow that was quick. You went and bought a cat because of this thread? Must be subliminal messages on this thread

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I thought your thread was pretty. Then I read it.

join