It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Playstation 3 is the console to own this year and 2013?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i mean .....

need I say more ?

edit on 11-6-2012 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well good sir,
All you need to do is mention the word playstation and that has owned the rating for me.

But yeah both the games look stunning I must admit.
I cannot wait for Watch dogs too come out!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If I wasn't able to watch the videos I would have no idea what you mean. Please summarize the videos please.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well ... watch them then ?

They show off what to expect on PS3 this year and the next. Well two good examples atleast.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
PC children, PC...way more expensive granted, but the graphics and game play is unsurpassed..oh yeah, the mods, tons and tons of mods

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Oh, and ofcourse this:

reply to post by alkesh

Troll much ?

Oh, and if you actually watched the videos, you wouldn't say stuff like that. With amazing games like these, you hardly need a gaming PC. I have PC, I've always been a PC gamer at heart, and PC beats everything, but this thread is about consoles, hence the title "console to own". So yea.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
Well ... watch them then ?

They show off what to expect on PS3 this year and the next. Well two good examples atleast.

Yeah, see, that's the point I was making and you completely missed. People who read this forum may not have access to your videos for whatever reason so that's why it is a RULE here on ATS to provide a brief summary of the videos you post, goes double for a thread you create. Second, maybe people don't want to watch whatever it is your posting without knowing what it is your posting first. You're basically showing on up this forum going here watch these videos I really like! I mean come on, write a little something about these videos and if you're gonna create a thread then you better learn how to sell your product. And as you can see, your product is cold.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
All I know is PS3 completely walked all over xbox this year, not surprising though really..... I think this whole console war though has been destroying the gaming industry with timed exclusives and console exclusive dlc, it's only driving a wedge between the gamers and their wallets............

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

yeah im a troll because i have an opinion..what great logic you have..i see i nailed it on the head when i said childern

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

well said sir, well said

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Thing is mate, you can describe the videos, but that will do nothing. You have to see the graphics and gameplay in order to appreciate it.

How do you describe awesome graphics?

He could give a summary of each game, but that will do nothing really to "sell his product". You have to see it really to take it all in.
This is not like a documentary where you can sum up the thing, and just give the readers the gist of it.

vvv
edit on 12-6-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
only game that makes me think about getting a ps3 is last of us but trailers and a little gameplay footage often make people think a game is going to be better than it really is. remember dead island with its awesome trailers, game got boring as soon as you do a few missions.

i have enough games to play on xbox and pc to need a ps3 so i doubt i'll buy one.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Thanks dude.

What a bunch of haters in this thread, lol. Haters gonna hate.

reply to post by listerofsmeg

A little gameplay ? That's like 7 minutes of gameplay =p

reply to post by Swills

Clearly not, since a moderator hasn't closed this thread, or asked me to do so.

You guys need to get a life asap. You have way too much anger boiling inside.
edit on 12-6-2012 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN

Thanks dude.

What a bunch of haters in this thread, lol. Haters gonna hate.

reply to post by listerofsmeg

A little gameplay ? That's like 7 minutes of gameplay =p

reply to post by Swills

Clearly not, since a moderator hasn't closed this thread, or asked me to do so.

You guys need to get a life asap. You have way too much anger boiling inside.
edit on 12-6-2012 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

OP you do realize that not everyone has access to videos at the current time, i for one can;t view videos in my current establishment. i will do so when i get home, but you could have atleast mentioned name of the game and genre, i saw the E3, just with name i can understand what you are talking about and can put in my opinion.

This forum is not monitored as much as others but if a mod does find it, he will ask you to put some of you input about the videos

I owned Playstation everyone since PS1 came out, im a big fan of PS exclusives(lost some of them to multiplatform.. like MGS etc.. but w/e they need to make money, its business)

Im going to guess the videos are Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed III, Last of US?

those are the only games that impressed me. PlayStation Royale needs more characters.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
No, not really. Assasin's Creed is multiplatform.

It's actually Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
PC children, PC...way more expensive granted, but the graphics and game play is unsurpassed..oh yeah, the mods, tons and tons of mods

I think the next generation of consoles will have the mod market covered. You can already see that with UT3 on PS3; you can play modded modes. I'm pretty sure the next gen will cover the PC advantage gap.

Besides, people who use their computers to make money like to keep their games separate from their work environment. Ever try to get something productive done when you see a shortcut to your favorite games on your desktop?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Next gen consoles are going to be pure crap if sony does that one game for one console and microsoft does the digital download only. Well, those might just be rumors, i just hope it isnt true!

Well, not pure crap. I guess its too early to be hating on consoles that arent released yet so. Only next gen i'm looking forward to is the Wii U.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
the Xbox 720 is scheduled for a 2013 release.

that is all.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
my ps3 is used for playing battlefield 3 and rarely mw3

I used to have a ps2 with killzone that I played pretty much every day for a couple years,
the ps3 is a good change to finally play online.

i'm not the gamer I used to be, I lost everything I owned, all of my games and consoles to a housefire.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I think you are making this situation harder than it has to be. A brief description about the videos is all that's needed. The OP just titled his thread and then posted videos with absolutely no information about them. Like I said, it's a rule to provide a brief summary. And as far as describing the graphics, all he has to say is how awesome they look, but I didn't ask him to describe the graphics, just what the video is about.

reply to post by ZikhaN

Oh no clearly it is the rule. Just because this thread hasn't been moderated yet doesn't it won't in the future. Call me crazy but I got a feeling this thread went right under their radar. All I have to do is hit the alert button. Instead, I'm just asking you to provide a summary and I think it's hilarious you are arguing with me about it. Oh, and what's with the personal attacks? Can't you have a discussion with people without running your mouth?
edit on 17-6-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join