It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Turner, Reduce population by five billion people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There are too many people

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Related:

Evidence of Impending Tipping Point for Earth... Is it too late?

In the above mentioned thread the participants are mostly discussing the biology and environmental aspects of the study when the real news that comes out of it is that a group of thirty scientists recommend immediate population reduction and resource controls, in other words, Agenda 21.

Evidently Ted Turner has science on his side...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
And they call Rupert Murdoch evil

Ted Turner, Reduce population by five billion people www.lifesitenews.com...

If terrible Ted was serious about this he would start with his family and rich friends , they could have a nice cool aide party and take a dirt nap.
edit on 09/06/2012 by Azadok2day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I don't think the idea is necessarily evil..

if one believes it is for the greater good.

However, I think 1 child per family is a bit harsh.

We can start with a restriction of maybe 3 to 5 children per family/household (or anything else reasonable to produce the same results).
edit on 12-6-2012 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

impossibility of voluntary compliance

What's so impossible about that? I know it sounds like an oxymoron at first glance, but when you think about it - haven't you ever been asked to do something, and complied? That's voluntary compliance. "Would you please pass me the salt?" - People have complied a lot.

So not only is it possible, it's happening all the time. Probably at this very second that I am typing this, and at the very second you are reading this, someone is doing it. Right now! Might be even more than one individual.

You ask your dog to come to your loving arms, and the dog complies - that is another form of voluntary compliance.

Nothing impossible about voluntary compliance.

Now, to get people to voluntarily stop breeding like maniacal rabbits, that's another story.

I was reading a great comic (created in 1960's) the other day, and in it the main character was worried that just in a few decades, the world would have 7000 million people on it, and how tight and crowded everything would be. I checked the population count the very same day .. yup. Kind of made me pause for awhile. And realize, that people just have an overgrown reproduction drive, that most people do not even seem to want to slow down whatsoever. And people of this wretched, miserable planet seem to also hate condoms and many other methods of birth control, too.

So we keep adding miserable people to the misery mess.. more mouths to feed, more robots of destruction, more transportation needed, more homeless, more sick and starving, more soldiers, more brainwashed robot puppets for the corporations, more flesh eaters from hell.. more animals to slaughter, more jungle to destroy for the crops to feed the animals, more coffee, more cigarettes, more electricity, produced in a dangerous or polluting manner..

So if that's what you meant, I agree with you - I don't think people will voluntarily stop breeding like idiots - otherwise they already would have.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nOraKat

We can start with a restriction of maybe 3 to 5 children per family/household (or anything else reasonable to produce the same results).

Unfortunately you can't. 3 + 3 is different than 3x 3.

3 kids, 3 granchildren and so on.

3x3x3x3x3x3.....

In ten generations that about 170,000 mouths to feed of three dinky little sperm that started the whole mess.

Population growth can be exponential very easily.
edit on 12-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Last month, or the month before, I forget, Gun & Garden magazine had an article on him.

Said he had just bought a huge amount of acreage in South Georgia, but that he owned 2.1 million acres before that purchase.

I guess if the 1% are going to get everything they want, the rest of us must die or at least die out. Heck these old goats have so much money they can afford new hearts and even hearts that don't beat, they are planning on buying themselves immortality while the rest of us poor folks can't get to the doctor with pneumonia because we have no insurance or money.

They better hope I don't die soon, because if I do....I'm gonna haunt them with a vengeance. Might sound like a fantasy to some, but it's a sustaining one..

www.forbes.com...
edit on 12-6-2012 by hadriana because: adding supporting link

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
And they call Rupert Murdoch evil

Ted Turner, Reduce population by five billion people www.lifesitenews.com...

Yet he has a few children.

Ted come back to reality.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join