It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do some research and....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Just wanted to share this, it's from someone I found online last week after searching for art, (my avatar is from one of his works.) and he's a pretty amazing person. He does some of the most amazing graffiti and art you'll probably ever see, and also talks a lot of sense. Here's what he said last night anyway :

Do some research and see how corrupt this government is and ask your self if you just go along with normality or does your mind ever entertain critical thought. I'm not interested in anyone getting hurt just looking for justice for the masses. Realism is a way of living, paranoia is the result of seeing the world one way for too long and one day waking up to something too big to handle, which leads to paranoia. I have never feared the ability to look and see the world through unique perspectives. Optimism and pessimism are two sides of one mode of thinking. Realism is the ability to read both sides at once and form a conclusion based on a no fear principal.

Source : MEAR ONE

You should really check out his art too though, especially if you like graffiti!

Google images Mear One

More links :

mearone.com - gallery

Mearism - tumblr

@mearone - twitter

Extract from the bio section at mearone.com :

MEAR ONE's work is inspired by ancient technology, science, philosophy, mythology and mysticism, along with political and cultural revolution, and notions of the apocalypse. MEAR creates his own mythology from pop culture icons and important historic persons that have shaped our structured reality. He uses art as a tool to express his feelings of frustration with what he feels is a broken system. MEAR uses visual language to provide a critical viewpoint that exposes the history of corruption in America and the world at large.

The diversity in his work often depicts an experience of transcendence in sharp contrast with depictions of the horrors of humanity, war, and oppression. His current body of work can be described as a series of allegorical oil paintings that draw upon history, mythology, political theory, conspiracy theory, modern myths, and current events. Stylistically he has been described as "urban psychedelic surreal," and is perhaps best known for his climactic battle scenes taking place under broad expansive cityscapes with billowing cumulous clouds

Hope the quote made you think anyway, and that you like his art/graffiti!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Incredible artist.

Its too bad so many would rather tag their mark, rather than create art (thereby indelibly leaving ones mark in others minds as well). It also looks like he has quite the extensive portfolio. Good to see the form isnt completely lost in the states. Seems to be much stronger in parts of Europe, though I have not been to a major metropolitan area for quite some time.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reminds me of some old high school friends , i used to hang with , they allways hated when i said " graffiti" they would always tell me its art , the used to have a crew called TBK true believers kollective or krew , no idea what the "K meant " but they were always about expanding their minds , in a way i am thankful to them for giving me the tools to open my mind and not live my life as a follower and programmed , so after many nights and days with my friends , they decided , that i was fit to start learning how to graph , my name was junglewarrior , and toys do still burn

new topics

join