It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dance of Light and Shadows: The paladin and the elf. [TFTG]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Dance of Light and Shadows: The paladin and the elf.

A Paladin tuned in to the sounds around him until he picked up the whipping blare of a blade cutting through the air. He then twirled around and parried the blow from the invisible stranger who ghosted his way around Jonathan in an attempt to back-stab him through the shadow dance. Jonathan’s face twisted into sudden frustration as he analyzed the situation. ‘
"This is like fighting a damn ghost,” he thought as he continued to parry the ghostly strikes. His paladin skills allowed him to tap into a divine power, but his training did not prepare him for such an opponent. For a moment, he thought he was outclassed, but he knew his mind was playing tricks on him.

He had to think fast, while he parried blow by blow, he examined his surroundings until he noticed the tank filled with water, which was loaded up to the right side of his stead. With a swing of his blade, he cut through the ground and purposely lifted enough dust upward in an attempt to blind the rogue and buy him more time against his opponent’s deadly strikes and made his way to his charger.

Jonathan reached the steed in time as he sensed the rogue near him. He then proceeded on piercing through the container with the tip of his blade, and hurled it upward with all his might as he targeted a deadwood branch directly above him. The impact caused the tank to burst open, sending streams of water that showered everything below.
The gamble worked as the water caused a chain reaction in the rogue, exposing him in the process. The rogue cleared his eyes from the dust Jonathan had lifted before and looked back at him with disgust.

Jonathan stared back with a sigh of relief. “I guess your stealth abilities don’t work when you’re wet,” he said with a smile. “Let’s dance, you and I.”
The rogue dashed forward as both his blades collided with Jonathan's with such intensity and speed that it sent a flare-up of sparks throughout the vicinity.
Jonathan hounded in a succession of low thrusts. The rogue tried to rear away swiftly and return to equal footing, but the relentless assault forced him against a neighboring deadwood tree, to which he curved to tackle, and with great agility from his feet, strolled up, hard-pressed against the trunk, tumbled backward and landed slightly crouched behind Jonathan. With arms open, and a tight grip unto his blades, he dashed towards Jonathan’s exposed back for a final assault.
A crescent grin extended across Jonathan’s face. His body emitted a strange faint yet visible glow. “Divine light,” he slurred under his breath. The sudden chant released a flash of light that temporarily blinded the rogue in mid dash. With great haste, Jonathan stepped aside, and allowed his rival to sprint past him. The move caused the rogue to slam head first into the tree and fall unconsciously on his back.
Jonathan sighed with relief. “Well that worked,” he said with a smirk of satisfaction. He took a couple of steps towards the unconscious stranger, kicking away his blades in the process with his plated boots. He then stooped down and examined the rogue. “Now, we see what lies behind the mask,” he thought as he pulled the mask off and revealed the face of a female elf with straw-colored hair.

Surprised by the turn of events, Jonathan pondered a moment and then decided to tie her up and take her back to the Savannah. A loud shriek that came from the trenches of the forest caused him to abandon the thought as he carefully surveyed his surroundings in an attempt to pinpoint his location. Above him, through the remaining visible light, the webs dangled around the towering trees spreading throughout his location. “He must have ridden his stead through the forest of webs without realizing it,” he thought.
Jonathan decided it was best to wait out the night. He did not know much about the actual species, but one thing he knew about the arachnids, was that they were night hunters, and extremely sensitive to moving targets. The webs themselves were treacherous, as the slightest of touch would ring a dinner bell for any surrounding crawlers.
He tied the elf to a nearby tree and prepared a campfire to take her into custody the next day.

edit on 10-6-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Note: This is actually part of a 6 thousand word short story I wrote in the past 2 weeks thinking it was 6k words, and then I read again, and it said 6 k characters.for the contest.

But I hope this bit was at least good,

As usual, I just would like some critique. But I'll post the rest of the story when the contest is over. in a single thread and for now would like to treat this part in singularly.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Damn sorry, double clicked by accident >.<

edit on 10-6-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Do you know you can post your whole story as 6k chunks, and label them as chapters? You just have to post them in seperate threads, with [tftg] in the title of each.

They'll each be judged seperatly, but at least we get to read the whole thing.

(be back in a bit to read, just wanted to let you know.)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Do you know you can post your whole story as 6k chunks, and label them as chapters? You just have to post them in seperate threads, with [tftg] in the title of each.

They'll each be judged seperatly, but at least we get to read the whole thing.

(be back in a bit to read, just wanted to let you know.)

I'll post the full story under one thread, But Not to be counted for the contest. Thanks man for replying.

edit on 11-6-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

Full story Here
edit on 11-6-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join