It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret of ageing NOT found: Japanese scientists have NOT paved way to everlasting life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
As much as I would like to believe the report that Japanese scientists at Osaka University have discovered the long sought after "fountain of youth" as reported in a currently ongoing ATS thread ... I'm leaning strongly however to this being nothing more than a hoax with no scientific validation behind it whatsoever.

A quick Google search finds many links to this report but every single one of them eventually leads back to just one originating Russian source, namely rt.com.
This Russian site makes this incredible claim but provides NO reputable scientific sources whatsoever.
In fact, even a search on the Osaka University website makes no reference whatsoever to this "so-called" breakthrough.

Does anyone believe for one moment that a breakthrough of this magnitude would be first revealed to the world through a Russian tabloid ? Where's the peer review and associated scientific publications ?

Show me just ONE reputable source ... otherwise in my opinion this is nothing more than a HOAX

edit on 10/6/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
As much as I would like to believe the report that Japanese scientists at Osaka University have discovered the long sought after "fountain of youth" as reported in a currently ongoing ATS thread ... I'm leaning strongly however to this being nothing more than a hoax with no scientific validation behind it whatsoever.

A quick Google search finds many links to this report but every single one of them eventually leads back to just one originating Russian source, namely rt.com.
This Russian site makes this incredible claim but provides NO reputable scientific sources whatsoever.
In fact, even a search on the Osaka University website makes no reference whatsoever to this "so-called" breakthrough.

Does anyone believe for one moment that a breakthrough of this magnitude would be first revealed to the world through a Russian tabloid ? Where's the peer review and associated scientific publications ?

My opinion ... nothing more than a HOAX

edit on 10/6/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

Whew...I was worried.

Now if you and the OP of the other thread would learn to spell "aging" correctly.....then we'd have a win.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Whew...I was worried.

Now if you and the OP of the other thread would learn to spell "aging" correctly.....then we'd have a win.

Sorry to have to tell you this amongus ... but living in a country that is part of the British Commonwealth, I have spelled "ageing" correctly.
You really do have to discard this notion of yours that it's "either the American way or it's no way ...". We were spelling "ageing" in this manner LONG before the Americans came along and decided to "simplify" it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Of course they haven't figured out the solution to immortality... this is just like any other discovery related to aging. They have discovered some chemical or protein related to aging and they made an advancement in the area of understanding exactly how aging works. By no means does this mean they have mastered everlasting life. There's no need to take things so literally...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Of course they haven't figured out the solution to immortality... this is just like any other discovery related to aging. They have discovered some chemical or protein related to aging and they made an advancement in the area of understanding exactly how aging works. By no means does this mean they have mastered everlasting life. There's no need to take things so literally...

From what I've been able to determine, there doesn't seem to be ANY substantiation whatsoever to this report of Osaka University researchers having produced ANY kind of additional explanations or advancements regarding the ageing process. As far as I can see, this is a completely bogus article made up by that Russian tabloid website.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

dude don't waste your time with the grammar nazis..they fail to realize words are spelled differently around the world..you would think a grammar nazi would know that...and you are correct, this story smells like a fish factory

top topics

join