It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very close Lightning strike ! (video ) and my personal story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
well, forgive me if this is in the wrong area , also , i am not sure if ATS is ok with the link to the video i am going to post , ill try and embed the video , but if i am not able to ill post the link , and WARNING : THE FALLOWING LINK IS A LINK TO A WEBSITE THAT CONTAINS GRAPHIC MATERIAL, but on this particular page their is no GRAPHIC CONTENT , if you could take that into consideration mods , i will be very thankful
www.liveleak.com...

now , i am fascinated with Lightning due to an encounter i had , it happend a few years ago , and we were in a really bad thunderstorm , i could feel heavy static in the air , it was a very strange feeling , i kept telling my friend not to go outside ,i had a really bad feeling ,the static was so strong that the hair all over my body was standing , i presented this to him , but he kept telling me i was crazy and nothing was going to happen , he wanted to go outside and try and take some pics , and of course he did not listen to me , and went outside , as i was standing in the doorway , i recall wondering if this was the end of the world , that's how bad it was , the clouds were very low ,and lightning was striking every 10 sec it seemed like ,... well long story short , my friend was standing next to a light post and bam!!!!!! it hit so fast ! my first thought was that i had been shot in the head , i couldn't see i couldn't hear hear for what seemed like forever , but when i came too , i could see the sparks falling off the light , my friend was in shock ! but he was laughing and i recall him saying that was @#$%*&^ amazing , so we were ok , and he was closest to the strike , so close that it damaged his pace maker some how ,

so that was my experiences ,and i have been afraid of lightning ever since , but now everytime their is a thunder storm , call me crazy but i can feel the lightning .. strange i know

as always thank you ATS

Lightning Strikes Here

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I don't have to know the language that kid was speaking to know he said.

"That was one close MF"

That's all I heard the kid say.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

, ya sounds about right , i would have said the same i reckon

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

I LOVE lightning as well!

My brother has had a recurring dream since we were very young that I was struck and killed by lightning. When we were really little he had the dream that we were on a baseball field, I was about 12, and he witnessed the strike that killed me standing next to a fence. We grew up, and it never happened, but the dream still scares him.

After a long canoe trip one day, my wife was about 20 years old, and she stood up on a rocky bluff and was shaking out her hair and getting ready to set up camp. She had long, thick hair, and I heard gasps from a couple of other people, and I turned to look, and my wife's hair was standing up in a big sphere in all directions. Her hair was very long, so it was a dramatic sight! There was a storm approaching, but we still had clear skies and sunshine. I was about 20 feet away, so without thinking, I just ran and tackled her off the bluff and into the water. She was PISSED!
But, then we climbed back up to the bank and everyone told her she was about to get struck by lightning, and we all hurried up with camp and hunkered down for the night. It was a very scary moment.

I watched the lightning strike our house once as a kid too. I was on my hands and knees at the foot of my bed, looking out the window at a night-time storm when lightning struck the electric meter about 20 feet down the same wall as my window. It blew out all the light bulbs in our house, blew the meter out of the wall, and started several small fires. My Mom and Dad ran and scooped me out of bed, and we stayed in a hotel that night, and for a few more nights. I was probably 8 or 9 years old at the time.

Such an amazing phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

I LOVE lightning as well!

My brother has had a recurring dream since we were very young that I was struck and killed by lightning. When we were really little he had the dream that we were on a baseball field, I was about 12, and he witnessed the strike that killed me standing next to a fence. We grew up, and it never happened, but the dream still scares him.

After a long canoe trip one day, my wife was about 20 years old, and she stood up on a rocky bluff and was shaking out her hair and getting ready to set up camp. She had long, thick hair, and I heard gasps from a couple of other people, and I turned to look, and my wife's hair was standing up in a big sphere in all directions. Her hair was very long, so it was a dramatic sight! There was a storm approaching, but we still had clear skies and sunshine. I was about 20 feet away, so without thinking, I just ran and tackled her off the bluff and into the water. She was PISSED!
But, then we climbed back up to the bank and everyone told her she was about to get struck by lightning, and we all hurried up with camp and hunkered down for the night. It was a very scary moment.

I watched the lightning strike our house once as a kid too. I was on my hands and knees at the foot of my bed, looking out the window at a night-time storm when lightning struck the electric meter about 20 feet down the same wall as my window. It blew out all the light bulbs in our house, blew the meter out of the wall, and started several small fires. My Mom and Dad ran and scooped me out of bed, and we stayed in a hotel that night, and for a few more nights. I was probably 8 or 9 years old at the time.

what an amazing story , sheesh i know the feeling your wife had , its really strange , i do believe you saved her life , maybe we should do some more research and write a safety guide "how do dodge the strike "

Such an amazing phenomenon.

thanks for your reply

LSH

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i hope more people have good story's to tell
, i know their has to be others !

top topics

join