It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria’s Sieda Calls on UN to Use Force to Protect Civilians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Western intervention is going to happen, probably sooner rather than later. Over a year into the conflict in Syria, and the MSM has been covering more and more alleged atrocities. I don't know what will happen for sure once there is a Western military presence in Syria, but it most likely will not end well.

I think once Syria is invaded, Iran will join in the fight against the West. Some say this is already happening in Syria as there were reports of 15000 Iranian troops already there. I'm not sure what Russia and China will do since they are against any intervention in Syria. I think Syria will give TPTB their reason to eventually invade Iran, and the U.S. will loose many more troops than in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The members of the U.S. military are already battle fatigued according to many reports. To me this just looks like a very bad situation to get involved in. I hope the U.S. stays out of it, but we all know TPTB have been waiting for this.

The new leader of the Syrian National Council urged the United Nations to authorize the use of force to protect civilians from “annihilation” at the hands of President Bashar al-Assad’s loyalists.

“We call for the continuation of efforts to protect civilians by stopping the killing machine of the authorities,” Abdulbaset Sieda said at a news conference in Istanbul after he was elected to replace Burhan Ghalioun at the helm of the umbrella opposition group.

Sieda’s remarks came as government forces shelled the city of Homs after killing nearly 100 people yesterday, according to activists, and as Russia warned that Syria was sliding toward a full-scale civil war.

Syria's Sieda Calls on UN to Use Force to Protect Civilians

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Assad forces renew Homs assault

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces have renewed efforts to impose control in Homs province, killing at least 35 people in one of the biggest bombardments since a failed U.N.-mandated ceasefire in April, opposition activists said on Sunday.

They said the Syrian army used artillery, mortars and rockets to hit opposition strongholds in the city of Homs and the towns of Qusair, Talbiseh and Rastan in central Syria.

Assad forces renew Homs assault- Sunday

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Sounds LikeAssad has got some more ammo from Iran or Russia.
After a year of heavy shelling there still seems to be no end in the supply of death .
Theres some for everybody,,,,,,,,,if the west gets involved, it better be a combined arms show with Russain partners.....or perhaps this is what the PTB are aiming for.....??

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The new leader of the Syrian National Council urged the United Nations to authorize the use of force to protect civilians from “annihilation” at the hands of President Bashar al-Assad’s loyalists.

Kinda gives that deja vu moment when the Libyan National Council appealed to NATO to help with Gaddafi.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Russia bring in the attack helicopters and rain down 20's and TV guided missiles into the rebel terrorists.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Nobody will involve if it is done via UN. But it is a bad,bad,bad idea. Assad is a dufus and a dictator but destabilised Syria will look a lot like Iraq where fuctions fight for power and different external forces pull in different directions. All this in a country with real biological and chemical weapons and decent balistic missiles.
Even tyrannical Assad will do less harm then the foreign interventions and a major civil war. Why would anyone consider this a good idea when the whole world gets more and more unstable - is beyond me.

new topics

top topics

join