It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lake creature video from Iceland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Here is a vid that popped up on yahoo today showing a Loch Ness type creature in Iceland. The video is not to bad. Ive personally never believed in these types of creatures but the slow warming of the planet appears to be bringing new species of insects etc.
Link to video
edit on 10-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed link

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Im not sure if this subject has been covered, I didnt see it in any searches. Anyhow here is another vid and its dated from February?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Looks like robes floating around in the water.

2nd

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'd love there to be a worm out there but as soon as I saw this it looked like floating ice, held together by sticks maybe. It doesn't seem to swim as much as float with the current. It doesn't propel itself, in one scene you can see that there is still some frozen ice on the lake and the loose ice [the worm] is just going with the flow.
I personally can't see at all anything alive.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
How come none of these people talk? Ever? I would be in the background like "WTH is THAT THING??? For the love of God LOOK AT IT! JUST LOOK AT IT!!!!"

People clearly film these things with audio (you can hear the wind blowing), but sit there like they have seen this new, scary, weird, lake monster a thousand times before?!?!

Anyway... it looks like trash or some kind of weird debris floating in the water that is long enough to catch differing currents or the like. It looked too dented up/lumpy to be some kind of lake inhabitant. But who knows...maybe it is?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
it looked rather mechanical, the end sections of the "tail" seemed a bit jerky. Didn't look like anything alive swimming though a river. Or as the post above mine says, could be ice drifting in the current.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
How come none of these people talk? Ever? I would be in the background like "WTH is THAT THING??? For the love of God LOOK AT IT! JUST LOOK AT IT!!!!"

People clearly film these things with audio (you can hear the wind blowing), but sit there like they have seen this new, scary, weird, lake monster a thousand times before?!?!

Anyway... it looks like trash or some kind of weird debris floating in the water that is long enough to catch differing currents or the like. It looked too dented up/lumpy to be some kind of lake inhabitant. But who knows...maybe it is?

You know, I always analyze aspects of footage in that same way. My "biggy" is why they are so often very short and just cut off in the middle of the action. So, there you are filming a 50 foot serpent, you get about 30 seconds worth of footage and then decide to just go break for lunch??? Nah, don't think so. I often use this criteria when I'm looking at UFO footage, because so often you'll see this perfect vid of some UFO and before it departs, the person just stops filming. Right. To me you can analyze little things (like no one talking, etc) to determine the strength of veracity of the claim.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Its probably a hoax of some sort. I find it upsetting that there are so many people hoping for some type of disclosure involving all of these unusal topics and some get a cheap thrill of "drawing a crowd" for a joke. I often wonder what goes through the mind of a typical hoaxer. It has to fall under some mental health category. Or maybe some get a thrill out of showcasing photoshop or other manipulation program skills gained in their education? Who knows.

Its becoming near impossible to determine real from fake......

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Although im not going to say its a sea serpent, then it CAN'T be ruble just floating, not on its own anyway.

Look at the video again, it clearly travels against the current, and is creating quite a wake, in its travel.

My gut tells me, its a fishing net, being dragged into the coast, or something of that nature, but its definitely not the case of a log just floating.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You don't seem to get what this means you can call me mad but this is one of the signs of a great even.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

You know, I always analyze aspects of footage in that same way. My "biggy" is why they are so often very short and just cut off in the middle of the action. So, there you are filming a 50 foot serpent, you get about 30 seconds worth of footage and then decide to just go break for lunch??? Nah, don't think so. I often use this criteria when I'm looking at UFO footage, because so often you'll see this perfect vid of some UFO and before it departs, the person just stops filming. Right. To me you can analyze little things (like no one talking, etc) to determine the strength of veracity of the claim.

It's a good point considering most people would film over their own child's birth to catch something that was truly legit.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rawzee

What does that even mean?

Anyway, it does slightly look like it's moving against the current, and my first thought was a snake of some kind but snakes are reptiles, which are cold blooded and couldn't survive in icy water like that, so I don't know. The length of the video is telling...if I had that camera, I woudl have filmed until I ran out of tape, my battery died or the "thing" swam out of view.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

LOL! True statement ! If I was filming a UFO in the back yard and my wife was screaming that her hand was caught in the food disposal, I think I would have a nice long video : )

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This was talked about a few months back. In this thread there are quite good arguments but I am unaware that we came to a conclusion on this topic!
edit on 10-6-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

AAAh I see, It was titled Icelandic so it didnt come up in my search as I only used iceland. Thanks, I will use more terms next time.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
At first glance it looked like some sort of giant snake in the water,

But it may just be ice and stuff floating.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
this looks so familiar i just can't place what it is... the "head" area is what i'm talking about, I KNOW I've seen it somewhere before. it looks almost crocodilian. lol I just dunno though it doesn't appear organic otherwise or entirely organic. In my opinion it could be some creature caught in debris and dragging it along.

new topics

top topics

join