It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Either this is a Chemtrail. Or someone has forgoten there luggage and the plane turned back...right?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Salutations ATS's readers, writers and lurkers

Welcome to my first thread.

Have just spent a week up on the border of Queensland and New South Wales helping my sister move house whilst enjoying her company and having a nice break. Feeling refreshed and motivated, nothing like getting time out of a rutt of a routine easily slipped into. Enjoying these times of greater increasing novelty

Anyway...
Have curiously lurked and read with adverse interest about Chemtrails and the "is it or isn't it a bloody Contrail debate"

With this in the back of my head while i was outside enjoying some QLD sun last friday the 8th i couldn't help but to notice the #'n massive U-turn Chemtrail/Contrail in the sky?
ex//

getting giffy//
[1]

[2]

I pointed it out to my sis (hard to miss) and we talked about chemtrails and what she thought about it, she told me about how when she did the big drive from Melbourne up to the QLD border that on the way through country NSW she noticed signs along the highways pitched by assumably locals/farmers saying "Stop Chemtrails" etc.

Something notable about the location of where the pictures are taken, it is pretty close the the Gold Coast airport, every hour or so is the loud noise from passenger planes and a bit of air traffic. Do you think it would be a smart idea to do Chemtrails around this area? as a way to make it easier to for the average person to pass them off as just contrails?

So very intrigued because its this first time i've ever seen anything like this, i stayed outside for around 30 minutes and no exaggeration i watched the u-turn slowly fatten and disperse creating a weirdly textured layer of clouds.

Not too hurt your eyes, some stills.
[1] no zoom

[2] zoomed

like # son you can clearly see the chemtrail feeding into the weird bundles of clouds.
So the finished product was this sheet of clouds making everything a little glary so i went inside and had carrot juice with my sister, the end.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well it's clearly an aircraft doing a U turn - for whatever reason. Sometimes they do that. Not sure how that makes it a chemtrail though?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
OMG Motion Sickness!!

It could have been jets just doing maneuvers or the like I suppose. I don't know enough about chemtrails to say if that is what it is or if they exist, but I have seen military aircraft makes turns like this, so it may not have been a passenger plane.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Messier45

I have seen similar large U turns over part of North Wales-my mate who is a pilot said they could be doing a geological survey,or in a queuing system,waiting to land...

Who knows though?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Actually , that was because of me.

I told the Pilot I think I left the Stove on.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
Well it's clearly an aircraft doing a U turn - for whatever reason

It's called "holding pattern", when the final approach and runway is full thats what you gotta do (unless you call for an emergency.)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Planes take off in whatever direction the runway at the airport is pointing........they then turn in whatever direction their destination is.

Your pictures clearly show classic contrails ahead of a weather system moving in.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
thanks guys yeah pretty logical answers. Makes sense, like there was a backed up queue for landing or something along those lines

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

do to wind direction ...direction of takeoff.. is not always the way the plane is headed...so they must turn.
This is very very common...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

yes could be, not saying this proves anything for it being a chemtrail over a contrail just that the airport is to the right of the first photo, meaning its possibly from a passenger plane waiting in a queue to land but not one thats just taken off.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Messier45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I am not an aviation expert, but don't jets take off on certain runways depending on the wind? If they take off on a runway that takes in the opposite direction of their destination then they would have to makes the u turn to head in the right direction.

Sorry DOC. I just seen your post...My thoughts exactly...

edit on 6/10/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It could simply be a holding pattern, perhaps due to bad weather at the planes destination airport. Sometimes holding patterns form a complete loop, like a racetrack, hence the name sometimes given to them: "racetrack holding patterns". The picture in the OP could be a plane that started a holding pattern, then flew back to the airport.

For more examples of racetrack holding patterns (which are not at all uncommon), here is a video showing air traffic and several race-track-shaped patterns due to delays at the New York City airports. There are several, but one that is easy to see is the one at the :14 second mark east of the Baltimore/Washington DC area airports (BWI, IAD, and DCA). Also around that same time in Central and western Pennsylvania, and at around the :20 mark in Northern Pennsylvania/Southern New York

Another obvious one occurs at the :29 second mark south of those Washington airports (just on the bottom edge of the video frame).

This video was put together by ATS member 'Uncinus'

edit on 6/10/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/10/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

thanks for the link of the vid man, and others for there posts gives a healthier perspective and has made me think more contrail.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Some pilots will do a slower decent by spiraling down instead of just coming in hard and fast. I was told this by a flight attendant once when we seemed to be doing circles on approach to land.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
Some pilots will do a slower decent by spiraling down instead of just coming in hard and fast

Once up on a time ATC allowed us to do a 360 to get rid of speed and altitude.
Today we're frown upon suggesting the same.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Just more clarification on this:

...not saying this proves anything for it being a chemtrail over a contrail just that the airport is to the right of the first photo, meaning its possibly from a passenger plane waiting in a queue to land...

Per the photo, the 180° turn and the accompanying contrail that formed wold have occurred at very high altitude --- in the region where contrails will form. Therefore, this was not an airplane destined for any nearby airport.

Generally the descent from cruise altitude (and the heights where contrails will form) begins at about 100 to 120 miles from arrival destination airport.

Now, your photo's explanation can be either an Air Traffic Control delay of some sort (although, the Australian airspace is not nearly as congested as what I'm more familiar with, in the USA or Western Europe).

Also, an "air return" (to original airport of departure), even after reaching cruise altitude, can be accomplished for a variety of reasons....a mechanical problem that necessitates a return, or a passenger's medical emergency for instance.

Finally, this site is some use, world-wide, to track airliners (and other airplanes on an Instrument Flight Plan):

Flight Radar24

Note this, though about that particular airplane tracking website:

How Flightradar24 works

Introduction to Flightradar24

Flightradar24 shows live airplane traffic from different parts around the world. The technique to receive flight information from aircraft is called ADS-B. That means the Flightradar24 can only show information about aircraft equipped with an ADS-B transponder. Today about 60% (about 30% in USA and about 70% in Europe) of the passenger aircraft and only a small amount of military and private aircraft have an ADS-B transponder.

(^ ^ ^ from the Flightradar24 "About" page).

So, not "every" airplane will be displayed, via that website. It is, however, interesting to those who are aviation hobbyists and enthusiasts....or, if there is a flight that someone you know is aboard, might also be of interest to you personally at the time.......

edit on 10-6-2012 by PluPerfect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have always believed there is something to this chem trails conspiracy, I noticed when they started before I used the internet, one of the first thing I looked up on line was chem-trails, many years ago,

I remember very well thinking, what are all these chem-trails in the sky, day after day, I am not that crazy that I had never noticed them before,

Now there haven't been as many lately around here until I started seeing them again Saturday, the sky was covered.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Except that having written all of that, without reading the thread first?

Because the facts have been presented, already, in the replies above. There is no "chem-trail".....there is no such thing in existence, never was. The entire concept grew from a hoax, initially --- and then has been kept "alive" due to charlatans' efforts, with some help from a whole bunch of ignorance that abounds in the world.....and, maybe, a few pranksters (sometimes called "trolls") who use the Internet to spur and egg on the ignorance, and get some sort of sick amusement from it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

As far as chemtrailers go...I find it very hard to believe that they would need to do this from above....
By ratio of fuel burnt as compared to autos vs planes it would be much easier to add MTBE and/or other chems in auto fuel....we burn many more gallons ...esp in and around high population areas....besides HAARP takes care of the weather/ionosphere...
By logistics alone auto/semi trucks would be a much more realistic way to chem spray..

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Sorry, Doc....hard to tell sarcasm and joking online:

....besides HAARP takes care of the weather/ionosphere...

Do hope that ( ^ ^ ^ ) was tongue-in-cheek?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join