It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tent camp or deportation: Choice for African migrants in Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Tent camp or deportation: Choice for African migrants in Israel

www.rt.com

The Israeli Defense Ministry has announced plans to erect up to 25,000 tents at five detention centers to prevent African migrants from entering cities.

­The African migrants coming into the country will stay in these centers for an extended period.

The plan was presented to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu after his bureau requested a quick and efficient response to what the government perceives as a problem.

The Defense Ministry's announcement also came several hours after Jerusalem’s District Court ruled that Israel could deport South Sudanese migrants back to their homeland,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.haaretz.c om
www.uruknet.de

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It's on. The Israel are about to commence rounding up and detaining black Africans in camps outside of cities. The choice they will be given will be repatriation to their home lands or indefinite detention in desert camps.

There are currently 50,000 black in Israel of whom many are Israeli nationals. The Israelis just enacted a law describing all blacks as "infiltrators" whose presence will destroy the Jewish race. Israel always had infiltration laws targeting Palestinians - Prevention of Infiltration Law of 1954. Now with the new anti-immigrant law the black race are categorized as a national threat. The law makes illegal migrants and asylum seekers liable to jail, without trial or deportation. In addition, anyone helping migrants or providing them with shelter could face prison sentences of between five and 15 years.

Israel is a racist and apartheid state which has identified itself as an anti-Arab and anti-black entity.

www.rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I didn't read anything about black Israeli nationals being made to leave the country.

That being said, after what they have been through you would think Israel would be a touch more sympathetic to a people in strife.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Come in legally or leave forcefully. Seems like a pretty simple choice to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

Go knock yourself out. Australia (like the USA and many other Western nations) has many immigration detention camps for illegals and those caught overstaying their visas; we also have Christmas Island. But it's not ok for Israel to have the same?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
How quaint.

Israel is creating another Open Aired Prison?

I wonder how the world will react to that? Probably just sweep it under the rug like they do Palestine and forget they exist.

Oh the Irony that Israel is complaining about some other group taking over their lands...

~Tenth
edit on 6/9/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Go knock yourself out. Australia (like the USA and many other Western nations) has many immigration detention camps for illegals and those caught overstaying their visas; we also have Christmas Island. But it's not ok for Israel to have the same?

And many don't think too highly of that fascist response either.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
And the problem is? As long as living conditions are acceptable in these tent camps, of course. At least they have a choice not to be deported immediately, which is more than many other immigrants can say.

Israel, just like any other nation, have no obligations to accept immigrants whatsoever. Be glad they chose to do so.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So you are calling Australian and American immigration tactics as facist too? Most of our illegals are mostly Iranian, Iraqis and Asians.

Your point is?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Are these people legal or illegal immigrants? (rhetorical question)

Though not nice this is a smart and logical decision, people coming there are going looking for welfare and social programs that the govt offers for its citizens, not any destitute person looking for a handout.

If only the US had the wherewithal to do the same.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Israel is a racist and apartheid state which has identified itself as an anti-Arab and anti-black entity.

I dont see any racism, so why the buzzword? Nationality is not a race.

edit on 9/6/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Im sorry while you were condeming and blaming Israel I didnt see anything in your posts about the reason they fled their home countries to begin with or what the UN is doing to resolve the sutuations so these people can return home.

Contrary to popular belief they are not Israeli citizens...

You should look at the entire picture before trotting out one of your racist, ignorant and uneducated diatribes.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Dear tothetenthpower,

Nice to see you again, but your take on this thread confuses me (just like everything else that happens in this world).

As I understand it, social, military, and economic pressures are driving thousands from Africa from their homes and into Israel. Israel doesn't want to support the "unorthodox" arrival of so many people so they catch them and confine them in outdoor (Camps? Prisons?) like Guantanamo and Sheriff Arpaio's answer to overcrowded jails.

How quaint.
What?

Israel is creating another Open Aired Prison?
Yes, that's what they're doing.

I wonder how the world will react to that?
My guess is that the people who are opposed to Israel will object to most anything they do, and the people who support Israel will probably support most anything they do. But your prediction may very well come to pass:

Probably just sweep it under the rug like they do Palestine and forget they exist.
But none of those predictions help us see whether this is a good, just, or legal policy.

Oh the Irony that Israel is complaining about some other group taking over their lands...
That's pretty much the way it goes. Nearly everybody steals somebody else's land then wants to keep it. US, England, France, China, Russia, who knows how many?

So, tothetenthpower, I don't understand your position on whether this is a good or bad policy, and why. Care to help me out?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Well my view is not popular, but here goes.

Israel does not deserve the land it claims to own. It was given to them by the rich and powerful due to families like the Rothchilds and the other big bankers that hold the Monarchie's gold.

Israel has created a open aired ghetto ( Palestine) to which they are basically carrying out a genocide of these people, for no reason other than the most insane ones, like being God's chosen people or some BS like that.

They are the MOST divisive, and problematic country on the face of the planet, also the most ironic one considering all the things it requests from other nations without actually doing it themselves. ( Non Nuclear Proliferation Treaty & Iran for example).

The fact that they are now complaining about an immigration issue, is hillarious to me, because they effectively did the same thing to Palestine back in the day, the only difference is that they won.

So I hold no feelings of regret for what is about to happen to Israel, they are on the path of self fufilling prophecy and I really hope that the vast majority of jews ( who are great people) that live in Israel realize that their government is going to be the end of them and make the changes that are required for the Middle East and the rest of the world to live in peace.

The ammount of Israeli influence in other nations such as Great Britain and the US is mind boggling, but we can't talk about that because it makes me an anti-semite somehow. I don't really know how criticism of a government is somehow equatable to hatred of an entire group of people, but there you go.

I'm not saying it's completely to blame for the situation it's currently in, there's blood on both sides. But Israel has the opportunity to be the bigger nation and make things right.

Yet they refuse to.

So until they put on their big boy pants and start acting like a proper nation on the world stage, I'm just going to have to declare them ironic and hillarious when they complain about something that they've done themselves, time and time again.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't know about the Israeli situation, but for what it's worth we had a major outbreak of xenophobia in South Africa in 2008, where local black communities attacked foreign black immigrants, and people were murdered and even burnt alive in the streets.

The UN came and built refugee camps.
We had one with Somalian refugees fairly close.

And yet black South Africans and the ANC are represented as the victims of history, when this is what their supporters do to other black Africans, with many of the techniques they used in their "people's struggle" (not all of them obviously, but many took part).

So this is not necessarily racist, and it can become very ugly if the state does not reasonably control immigration, and locals feel threatened.
In SA Mbeki essentially opened the borders, and with the melt-down caused by his "struggle" buddy Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe, we quickly had 3 million Zimbabwean refugees.
Yet we're a country stretched for resources.
When the xenophobic violence started he just first refused to believe it.
Sporadic and localized outbreaks of xenophobia still occur currently.

Saudi Arabia simply dumps Somali refugees back into war zones, which is against UN policy, but that's hardly mentioned.
www.hrw.org...

So in this case it looks like selective morality to look only at Israel.
edit on 9-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Dear tothetenthpower,

Thanks a lot, you've helped me to understand your thinking and that's a gift in this argumentative and hostile world. Unfortunately for me, my focus is a little narrower and doesn't include the scope of history yours does. I was looking at this as a more isolated incident and was having trouble figuring out what the fuss was all about.

Hope to see you again soon.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well, this may come across as insensitive to some of you but here it goes...

Givin the track record for African immigrants (mainly Sudanese and Somalies) I don't blame Israel. That is just my humble opinion, which everyone is entitled to.

As an example, compare the crime statistics from some of the Norwegian countries before and after the mass influx of African Immigrants. The stats are eye popping.
I read an article recently about some village or city in a Nordic Country (excuse me for my memory is horrible). This place had no murders or rapes for decades until the immigrants started settling than crime was commonplace. It's not coincidence IMO.
edit on 9-6-2012 by kimish because: add

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
I didn't read anything about black Israeli nationals being made to leave the country.

That being said, after what they have been through you would think Israel would be a touch more sympathetic to a people in strife.

Actually an non-caucasian Jew can be classified as an infiltrator in Israel. There are specific laws dealing with infiltrators in Israel and it can include the deportation of naturalised blacks. My comment was not limited to the article but was a in the context of what is going on in Israel.

BTW. The victims of " what they have been through" died in the Nazi concentration camps or are very old people living predomonantly in the West. There are more Holocaust survivors in Florida than there are in Israel.

Most of the race hate mobs in Israel are from the former Soviet Republic, Hungary, Czech Republic and have very little to do with the Holocaust.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Israel is eeeeevil ,eeeeevil eeevil eeeevil i say.
Those people being illegal imigrants that simply cross the border have nothing to do with issue. After all, what state would do those kind of monstrocities?
Good thing there are no such policies in UK

Our removal centres are used for temporary detention, in situations where people have no legal right to be in the UK but have refused to leave voluntarily. Those detained in any of our centres can leave at any time to return to their home country.

www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk...
And there is nothing like that in Switzerland
wikimapia.org...
And in general - only eeeeeevil Israel does that ,as we can see here:
www.globaldetentionproject.org...
Hypocrites, i love you. Igny dinnorance.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Actually an non-caucasian Jew can be classified as an infiltrator in Israel. There are specific laws dealing with infiltrators in Israel and it can include the deportation of naturalised blacks. My comment was not limited to the article but was a in the context of what is going on in Israel.

Example, pwetty please? One non-caucasian Israeli Jew that was classified as infiltrator? And what is naturalised black??? People are either citizens of Israel - or not. Color of skin does not play any legal difference in the issue.
So prove your point - provide one (1) example of deportation of Israeli citizen due to being classified as infiltrator?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join