It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDE Prophecies Given To James Chauncey of Georgia in 1940

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have read through his interview and I think he probably was given some prophecies during his NDE but at the same time I think a lot of his religious pre-programming seeped in and he saw things through the fog of his Baptist religion. What he says about future weapons and earth changes makes me believe it's a prophecy, but then what he says about 'the river of life' with people being separated and Jesus living in a Mansion, etc etc just reads like typical Baptist imagery (and unbelievable IMHO) . Read and judge for yourself if you think what he was shown during his NDE is prophecy or imagination ...

NDE Prophecies Given to James Wilburn Chauncey of Georgia in 1940

"Then they showed me what would happen to me and the earth and this consumed a lot of the time. We went to the edge of paradise, like a cliff, and you could see the blue earth hanging there and when you wanted you could just zoom in on various places on earth. I could smell smoke and heard booming noises and it was like I was seeing over the Northeast toward Europe and I could see these armies moving from Russia over Syria and continuing southwest and southeast, bypassing Israel. They conquered all of Africa and Asia except for China, then they started across the rest of Europe and across to England. The English fought very hard. After England was decimated I saw missiles lobbed from boats at New York, Washington, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, and Atlanta and some other place but at this point they weren't nuclear. That was followed by a landing of troops and I looked toward the other side of America when I heard some huge blasts and I looked toward Mexico and New Mexico. There were troops coming from Mexico and South America and they were Islamic. I kept getting that Russia has a pact with the Islamic countries. After this, there were nuclear blasts. Atomic bombs started falling." ....

In the midst of great war -- lasting twenty years -- the Georgia man also claimed to have seen great natural disasters, including quakes that would create a massive lake in the Midwest, disappearance of much of Florida and the East Coast, and a gulf of water between the mainland and California along with volcanic eruptions and epidemics as unprecedented perturbations afflicted the earth, which he was shown would wobble before regaining equilibrium and actually ending up -- after great mayhem -- straighter on its axis than it is currently -- "totally upright." ...

More of what he says he was shown is at the link.

He was a kid when he 'died' back in 1940. The weaponry that he describes wasn't around back then. The descriptions of what will happen sound a lot like what others are saying will happen. "Others being - New agers .. religious visionaries ... canonized saints ... regular lay people who are prayerful ... etc etc.

I dont know if he actually saw all this back in 1940, or if he is just saying that he did to get attention now. He claims not to want attention and not to want his family to suffer because he's 'coming out' with it all now (before he gets old and dies).

Anyways .. the interview is posted for anyone who is interested.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I found other articles on him and his NDE prophecies -

Times Free Press

As his visit unfolded, Chauncey was given a vision of his future wife and daughter. He also believes he saw highlights of a coming world war foretold in the New Testament book of Revelation, a war he now believes will happen within the next generation.

"It was so frightening that I haven't been able to put it out of my mind for more than six decades," he said. "I think about it every day."

Visions of Jesus Christ
Excerpts from the book

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This made me laugh:

He said the archangel Gabriel told him Jesus would extend his years and give him a glimpse of the future of Earth if he would agree to go back.

Bargaining with Jesus. LoL! I know what that's like....

Two things about this make me discount it as authentic. First, as you alluded to - the imagery is so stereotypical. Second, the fact that it was not published until 2011 makes it awfully convenient, hardly even visionary. Now if he had written it 20 or 30 years ago, I would have a lot more buy in.

I'm not saying I don't believe this sort of thing is possible or that this man did not have a vision. I do think it's possible but I also think he may have embellished to a large degree.
edit on 6/9/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Selling books with very elaborate Near Death Experiences is the 'in' thing right now.
They rake in a lot of money. Some of them I believe ... some I don't.
The more popular ones I don't buy .. like that kid who wrote 'heaven is for real'.
His daddy is a preacher and I can't help but think he's saying what he thinks
his daddy wants to hear. (might be the psychology major in me seeing that ... dunno).

IF this really happened in 1940, I'd have to discount the baptist images but keep the
descriptions of earth changes and weaponry.

But that's a big IF.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The latter day military alliances described in these..... whatever they are, coincide with prophecies in the Bible.

They were written 3000 years ago........pretty amazing!!

We will all find out soon enough

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

hey, he predicted Google Earth:

you could see the blue earth hanging there and when you wanted you could just zoom in on various places on earth.

that's gotta count for something, eh?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by kosmicjack

Selling books with very elaborate Near Death Experiences is the 'in' thing right now.
They rake in a lot of money. Some of them I believe ... some I don't.
The more popular ones I don't buy .. like that kid who wrote 'heaven is for real'.
His daddy is a preacher and I can't help but think he's saying what he thinks
his daddy wants to hear. (might be the psychology major in me seeing that ... dunno).

IF this really happened in 1940, I'd have to discount the baptist images but keep the
descriptions of earth changes and weaponry.

But that's a big IF.

read it.
and was left at a total loss as to why the dad kept insisting that the child had no preconceived notions or had never heard of such notions as proof that it actually happened.
not only is that utterly contradictory to common sense, but that would also make him a crappy preacher if his child was truly that ignorant as to common Biblical subjects.

I'm not negating the child's NDE, but what truly happened will be forever distorted and corrupted by his dad's extrapolation & interpretation of what was initially reported to him by his child.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
This made me laugh:

He said the archangel Gabriel told him Jesus would extend his years and give him a glimpse of the future of Earth if he would agree to go back.

Bargaining with Jesus. LoL! I know what that's like....

Two things about this make me discount it as authentic. First, as you alluded to - the imagery is so stereotypical. Second, the fact that it was not published until 2011 makes it awfully convenient, hardly even visionary. Now if he had written it 20 or 30 years ago, I would have a lot more buy in.

I'm not saying I don't believe this sort of thing is possible or that this man did not have a vision. I do think it's possible but I also think he may have embellished to a large degree.
edit on 6/9/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

Yeshua said anything we ask in his name he would do it, who are we to call him a liar? YHWH extended Hezekiah's life at request of Isaiah by 15 years (if i remember correctly it was 15) when God had other plans, and then when Hezekiah should have been dead he had a son and named him Manasseh who murdered alot of innocent people for fun and then he had his father's friend the prophet Isaiah sawed in half after Isaiah served faithfully as prophet for 50 years. Many times he does what is asked even if it gets in the way of his plans and then he works around it. Asking him for specific selfish things can have dire consequences down the road we do not see but he does see. This is why we shouldn't screw with his plans.

top topics

join