It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright ATS Let's See 'Em...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I go to YouTube. There, I said it. It's a guilty time waster for me since we did away with the cable.

For me (at times) YouTube is like a black hole of ignorance with a splash of intelligence, riding in on white stallions of "Oh, no he didn't's". Maybe that's a bit much, but it's close. I go there to look at a video of a guinea pig with a pancake on his head and wind up traveling through "My Baby Daddy Is A Bum", ""Pissed off Lemur Says Don't Brush Me Bro", and hours later finish in the spooky part of Youtube (You know the one...where all the "Zombie Apocalype" videos are waiting to be discovered) wondering how one small rodent balancing gluten free pancakes on his head has cost me 2 hours of free time!!

So I thought (intelligently enough I might add), instead of just giving the guilty pleasure up, I want to know YOUR'S!

Who do you subscribe to? What do you like to watch? What is the THING that you keep checking into YouTube to keep up on. I want the guilty pleasures (Not that kind), the totally ridiculous, the insanely funny, and the educational channels you all enjoy on YouTube!

There are so many differently thinking members here that I think this could really be fun to see AND supply all of us with some new content on top of it. Mom always taught me that was what folks called a win/win scenario.

I subscribe to ERB which puts a lot of work into some hilarious rap battles as seen here...

Natesvlogs is another good one and I find most of his stuff hilarious...

JennaMarbles is always good for a laugh...

HDcontentdump03 makes the list because he posts one of my favorite shows ever daily...

AtlahWorldWide because it's like watching a train wreck...

I do go one occasion to look up things like David Icke, Alex Jones, etc. but don't subscribe. I need to find some good, serious channels to add in the mix.

So what have you all got?
edit on 6/9/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Maybe not considered silly by many, but I pay attention to NAstarleague since I've been watching the recent starcraft 2 tournament. The videos can be found on gamespot earlier than what's posted on youtube, but I like watching pros play SC2, so that's mostly how I waste my time on youtube.

To each his own(within reason, naturally)

I like watching ghetto fight videos, and I spent an entire saturday watching travel videos by vice news under the youtube channel of "vice"
Pretty compelling stuff as they go to interesting areas that I would never go to. Ex. North korea, lyberia, ect. Most "vice news" stuff is trash, but the travel guides are fairly well put together and offer insight into regions of the world that lack third party journalism like the North Korea labor camps in Russia.

Part 1 of 7.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
to be honest, I clicked on your thread because I thought that you wanted to compare penis size.

Well played, sir.
You got a star for that.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
My list of subscriptions:

Today I checked it out, and right in between "14 dismembered bodies found in Mexico" and "Spiral UFO over Israel" was.... "Penguins find a new home".

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
But really.
This may be a little off topic, but the labor camps in Russia are modeled to look like North Korea as to fool the citizens of North Korea into believing they are still in North Korea or at least still allow them to continue the propaganda brain washing.

The first few parts of the story are about the journalists trip through Russia. It is enjoyable to watch since everyone is drunk

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
Maybe not considered silly by many, but I pay attention to NAstarleague since I've been watching the recent starcraft 2 tournament. The videos can be found on gamespot earlier than what's posted on youtube, but I like watching pros play SC2, so that's mostly how I waste my time on youtube.

To each his own(within reason, naturally)

I like watching ghetto fight videos, and I spent an entire saturday watching travel videos by vice news under the youtube channel of "vice"
Pretty compelling stuff as they go to interesting areas that I would never go to. Ex. North korea, lyberia, ect. Most "vice news" stuff is trash, but the travel guides are fairly well put together and offer insight into regions of the world that lack third party journalism like the North Korea labor camps in Russia.

Part 1 of 7.

I am loving the SC2 vids as I type this! I will be checking out the Vice videos very soon! Thanks for sharing them!

Originally posted by MeesterB
to be honest, I clicked on your thread because I thought that you wanted to compare penis size.

Well played, sir.
You got a star for that.

Ha!
You mean well played madam?
I can't claim it was done on purpose at first unfortunately. I was actually thinking of those poker tournaments and showing your hand...then the double entendre hit and I found it too funny to change it afterwards!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
My list of subscriptions:

Today I checked it out, and right in between "14 dismembered bodies found in Mexico" and "Spiral UFO over Israel" was.... "Penguins find a new home".

At least you have some brevity in there somewhere!
The penguin story was too cute for sure!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

I am loving the SC2 vids as I type this! I will be checking out the Vice videos very soon! Thanks for sharing them!

Ha!
You mean well played madam?
I can't claim it was done on purpose at first unfortunately. I was actually thinking of those poker tournaments and showing your hand...then the double entendre hit and I found it too funny to change it afterwards!

Madam, indeed, well played at any rate.

I have to admit I'm too scared to play much on ladder, but I am a killer "star battle" custom game player. Hasuobs is one of my favorite protoss players as far as consistency, although MC is one of the better Protoss players. A Korean, naturally.

Anyway, happy youtubing. Don't feel bad about spending a few hours getting sucking in because it's bound to happen.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I enjoy Shoenice22

What the heck exists that he won't consume, and more importantly, how is he still living?

edit on 9-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Geez! That guy's liver is bound to be a dead ringer for something akin to a charcoal briquette!!!
I had to subscribe to this too, just so I can go back and look at this rest of his stuff! That is insane!!

If I ever get hit by a car or something equally painful, I am going to chant "Eye of The Tiger" and see if it helps me too lol!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I enjoy quite a few channels on the Tube:

TheAmazingAthiest - I love his rants lol

This one is why the police need oversight

GreenPowerScience - They have lots of cool DIY projects.

This one is an instant cheap greenhouse

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
one time my friends and I spent the whole day looking at different knockoffs of the Souljah boy dance and song. We were looking through it and were surprised that while documentaries about the CIA shipping drugs into the United States were getting a few thousand views, Souljah boy knockoff views were in the millions. I guess Souljah boy dance is just more important than the CIA's criminal activity.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Personally I don't get caught up in YouTube. If I am on YouTube it is because I have been linked or I am doing research and am looking for vids on the subject I am studying.

When I am just wanting some random fun I hit my Stumble button(you can get one here) or I go to Ted Talks which is here.

The Stumble button can be set to pages, pictures, videos, etc as well as preferences of what it is you are interested in at the time.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thov420
I enjoy quite a few channels on the Tube:

TheAmazingAthiest - I love his rants lol

This one is why the police need oversight

GreenPowerScience - They have lots of cool DIY projects.

This one is an instant cheap greenhouse

The police video was dead on.
Power can do funny things. And as I am currently looking into building a small green house on my land... you posted at perfect timing! I am subbing to that as I type. Thanks!

Originally posted by theMat
one time my friends and I spent the whole day looking at different knockoffs of the Souljah boy dance and song. We were looking through it and were surprised that while documentaries about the CIA shipping drugs into the United States were getting a few thousand views, Souljah boy knockoff views were in the millions. I guess Souljah boy dance is just more important than the CIA's criminal activity.

It's a sickness!
It tends to suck you in if you aren't careful for sure. Those minutes just tick by and sometimes I think a lot of us look at other things more than the corruption and killing to get a break from it.
There is so much going on that is negative, sometimes we need to just laugh for a bit or we would all be in tears constantly!

One night I ran across all these girls doing "Buy exchanges" with girls from China, Japan, etc. They would send stuff we had over there and then the others would send stuff from there to here. I watched that for hours. I don't even know why!
You would think that living in the states I had seen enough stuff made in China but they apparently have a bunch more crap we don't get!!!

Originally posted by Agarta
Personally I don't get caught up in YouTube. If I am on YouTube it is because I have been linked or I am doing research and am looking for vids on the subject I am studying.

When I am just wanting some random fun I hit my Stumble button(you can get one here) or I go to Ted Talks which is here.

The Stumble button can be set to pages, pictures, videos, etc as well as preferences of what it is you are interested in at the time.

The Stumble button sounds pretty neat and I am going to get one as soon as i finish up here to see what it's all about! I am forever amazed at the content that can be found on the internet and one can never go wrong with a better way to find the good stuff!!! Thanks!

edit on 6/9/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join