It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams in the Endless Desert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I don't contribute many threads, as I find I rather enjoy reading and responding, over spearheading anything myself. So, keep that in mind please as you read on.

I'm not trying to make any New Age prophecies, or tell about foreign lands reached through some kind of astral projection. I just thought that I would ride the wave of a movement I have noticed here on ATS. That being: dreams.

Over the past several days I have seen numerous threads begun about the original poster's most recent dream, or "vision." I know that a lot of the time these incidents are inspired by the media that we feed our minds with.

However, I thought I would take a gamble myself anyway, and post two inter-related dreams that I have had, both within a four month period. The conjoining factor being a desert landscape which I refer to as "the empty space." I quite frequently dream of this unearthly desert, and have quite a few accounts of my dream escapades there. So, I thought I would post two, and see what ATS thinks.

I am open to any Freudian, Jungian, New Age, or psychological, or spiritual interpretations concerning them. All of that being said, this is primarily a thread for entertainment. I want to hear what other people have to say concerning my own dreams.

Without further ado, here they are.

# 1: Inanna

- lifted directly from my dream journal -

February 22, 2012

I dreamed last night that I was walking, sky-clad, through an endless middle-eastern desert. I was being guided by Inanna; Queen of Heaven, mother of the Earth, and goddess of the Morning Star. She was walking me away from the safety of the civilizations of mankind, represented in the dream by the ruins of once-great cities. As I walked toward her, her presence moved ever-further from me, and eventually my bare feet began to turn into a chalky-black charcoal. With each step my flesh turned to cinders and was stripped away, coming off in ribbons and motes, as it danced across the empty space on the terrible desert wind which had begun to blow.

My sojourn stretched forth, as I journeyed out of the familiarity of common human culture, and found myself alone in the expanse of the Earth herself. No cities, no people, no technology. Only nature, and her natural chaotic balance: the blazing sun above, the water of the Earth before, the air all about, and the dry desert sands below. Upon this realization my ankles turned from ash to clay, degrading into a soupy mixture, toppling my posture, and I collapsed face-first into the red sands of the empty space. I shattered then, becoming a hundred million motes of sand on the desert breeze.

I was lifted on high, myself as these myriad fragmentary aspects of personality, appearance, consciousness, will, memory, thought, and emotion. In my lifting I was discarded, carried on the sea of wind across the empty space; scattered, deposited across the world; left to be reclaimed by the sphere which had set me free. In this dissolution of my sense of self, I was sublimated into something wholly more complete. An unrestrained notion of connectivity and consciousness washed over me, high above and beyond my sense of personal individualistic identity.

I had become whole in the act of becoming undone.

Obviously my own personal interpretation bleeds through in the recollection. If you wish to build off of that with your own perspective, feel free. If you have an entirely different impression, I'd also love to hear it. The floor is open, let me know what you all think.

# 2: Andromeda

The second dream, not even a month old, is also recounted directly from my dream journal below. I removed one person's name, for privacy sake. Otherwise, this is as it stands in my little notebook.

May 20, 2012

A dream of standing barefoot in the empty space. (Name removed) is wrapped up in my arms. Her head is resting against my chest, my chin locks her in place. We are naked, as a sudden inner-warmth surrounds us. The sky explodes a violet color, and rains down in rivers of blue, green, and red; all the while blazing a brilliant white in alternating flashes and swirls.

Andromeda has come. Her and our Milky Way are melting seamlessly into one. I know this without understanding it. The instability of existence unfurls before my eyes, as I hold tight to (name removed).

I feel that this is how the world ends. Barefoot in the empty space, (name removed) wrapped tightly in my arms, as one galaxy melts into another; like her into I. An Ouroboros of human flesh, and Universal soul. Alchemy; a philosophers stone. Eternal life as event horizons collide. We are permanent, as eternity flashes by in a split-second.

Again, my own "notes" on meaning and interpretation are present at the end of the recounting. Feel free to build off of them, or to approach the whole thing from an altogether different angle. As a keeper of my dreams I frequently awake and jot down impressions and interpretations to ponder on later. But I know that not everyone does this.

I'm open to all responses, and curious to see what ATS has to say about them. Surprise me!

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hmm. You write as if you read a lot of classic literature. I admit I just skimmed over your journal entries, but there were too many abstractions to really tell what was going on. May I suggest using more descriptive, concrete and tangible terms? Your writing is like classic poetry when I want to read modern poetry. That means realistic descriptions.

If you're trying to describe an empty void, it might be time to start using metaphors too.

I usually avoid the dreams and predictions forum. Don't get me wrong, I am fascinated by dreams and sleep science. I sleep about 12 hours a day when I don't have to be up for work--clearly I spend most of my time dreaming. But I do not keep a dream journal (I wish I had started one when I was a teenager). The reason I avoid this forum is because I believe that dreams can only be interpreted by the dreamer. Not any person can tell YOU what YOUR dreams mean; especially when so little about dreaming is known.

The symbolism in dreams can only be deciphered by a person's own understanding, internalizing, and integration of that symbolism (only you know what you think of that symbol...someone else learned its meaning in a different context and probably has a different, unique attitude towards it). Finally, it is an emotional experience that only you felt while it happened. Ain't nobody going to contradict my dream experience when I'm the only one who felt its emotional message!

All in all, keeping a dream journal is cathartic and very cool

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Thanks for the reply, and I know where you're coming from. I've done my own interpretations already. This thread is just for entertainment's sake, and because so many other ATS members are posting their dreams for review. I'm hoping to come across someone with a stronger grasp of Freudian or Jungian psychology than myself, who can dig deeper into the symbolism than I have. Or for some New Age psychic who can read, through my dream, some kind of aura, or life situation. Whether I take the responses seriously or not is secondary. The study of dreams, the interpretation of dreams, and qualities which can be dredged out by pondering on a dream are more of what I'm interested in.

I do have a poetic writers knack when I record them too. That's more of how I see the world of dreams though. Instead of straightforward situations my dreams always carry more mystical, symbolic, or spiritual connotations. They always have, as early as I can remember. So, I've learned to record them down in a way which best helps me trigger those memories in my mind's eye.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Your desert and the goddess clicked in my mind, but not from a dream, but rather from being taken out of body during extreme stress of attacks from local governments plus excruciating pain of a recovering knee and hip injury/replacement. I would meditate and try and separate myself from this pain as I cannot take drugs, I must be alien or something LOL, most people want what I was given and I threw it down the drain.

This one time, I only wished to get this life over with, fill my contract and go and then I was out of my suffering body watching a suffering soul in this place without features, slightly rolling and without color extending forever as far as I could see. I have described it as an area of uncreation, but my soul was there, suffering as was I.

Beside me was a this immense presence, one without a name as I was not talked to, only was there to watch and receive a knowledge and love, almost more than I could take. I never gave this presence a gender, but the way my soul was gathered up and taken into it was like that of a mother now that you mention it. The silken wide ribbon that went forth and en-wrapped myself and then after three twinning's, the end went gently over and enclosed the head, creating a cocoon the same as does a mother do for her child. This seems to be the place for the lost perhaps?

new topics

top topics

join