It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fracking ausies, I fracking love you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I came across this video and had to share the love. This is why I like Australians. This man is an excellent public speaker. He speaks very candidly about the impact of mining without government oversight. He makes allot of jaws drop when he basically says that government receives revenue in such vast quantities with no regard to the health and well being of all life on the continent.

The water supply being poisoned, or exhausted. The loss of prime agricultural land at a time when the Government has been working to secure food supply. You should take notice when the guy sitting next to him tries to silence him. He handles the dumbass trying to excuse him like a graceful bull, all the while speaking earnestly without skipping a beat.

We should know better. The land is our greatest wealth. OUR WORLD. The monetary reward is not worth the threat to the survival of our world as a "Living" planet or not.

Australians should be proud of this guy. He is representative of that "balls to the walls" and. He is concerned only with his function there. He speaks for the true well being of his "home" and not his "house". Bravo.

I hail you, sir fracking warrior!

edit on 8-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Alan Jones is a champion ,he tells it like it is ,and hes been in the sh8t for voicing his opinion before,onya jonesy.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
For those who dont know about the Great Artesian Basin.
Here is a quick simple video to explain it.

Quote from the clip: Stretching from Cape York in the north, down to Dubbo and across to Coober Pedy, the Great Artesian Basin covers almost a quarter of the Australian continent, and it contains enough water to cover the world over.
Much remains to be known about this valuable recourse that has enabled life in inland Australia to develop over thousands of years.

Water Down Under is the vast and rich story of the Basin, told by the people who live on the Basin it self, and presented by National Geographic's Hayden Turner.

And i agree this fracking sucks.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The subject matter is food security and the Australian way of life.

This could be the reason for the audience to be looking dumb and confused

however in my opinion he did stay on topic, Alan Johns you are definatly not backwards in coming forward.

Go Alan tell them all how it is

love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 8/6/12 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Now this is my sort of guy... Excellent thread S+F

I shall be looking out for this guy in the future... we need more people like him in this world.

Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What the frackers will do now, is to rollout commercial advertisements featuring a guy named 'Cal', who stands at your sink when you're multitasking and 'waste' a few ounces of precious water in the process.

Cal will reach under your bosoms to turn off the water, while showing downcast, disapproving eyelids.

Then some moron will go on about how wasting water is no joke. Do your share to conserve water.

I have been thinking of ways to 'waste water' In my opinion, it cannot be done.

If you left the plumbing on forever, all it would do would be to move the water from one place to another. It is not being wasted. It is simply being metered, for which you are billed.

There are only two ways to waste water: 1) Poison it, make it radioactive, or mix it with chemicals that render it unusable, and 2) poison it and pump it in the ground, as deeply and forcefully as possible.

Cal is going to be used to shift the onus of guilt onto you and me. Just like they did with agw.

Good luck recovering all that dirty water that once was above ground, in the form of lakes, oceans and clouds.
I know for frackt that some 5,000,000 gallons per day were recently allotted to the frackers, from the Great Lakes.

It doesn't matter if they siphon it from the UP or on the shores of Erie, it is water GONE, poisoned, and get this: Forced into the aquifers below your feet, where you live, where your children go outside, to play with their toys...

This wastes ALL THE WATER. And FOREVER.

Do you see it? And Cal will have you believe that you are at fault because you overfilled your sink, or took too many baths.

Some motherfracke(s) in Congress signed off on this.

The 'system' is not working.

edit on 9-6-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

I wrote a reply to you and another thread at the same time. We need to change it all.

The US Con-gress needs to be replaced as well as ALL leadership on earth.

The system is like a broken toy in its box. There is no point in opening it, not even if it is Christmas morning. Its broken and should be discarded like broken things are.

without further adieu, a lil copy and paste.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I say if we are in essence dealing with a vote of no confidence in ALL leadership, I say replace the couple of thousand they may be in TOTALITY out of the MILLIONS of people we have.

Start from scratch. I think they are not irreplaceable. Out of millions we can find excellent people to fill our leaders chairs.

I say we need to reduce it across the board too. State law to reign supreme. I say ALL banking should be made federal and all its leadership should be VOTED into office. Banks control too much of our world to simply leave them to chance. Maybe our bank directors will be responsible....MAYBE...

that is no way for society to function.

I say mass bank reform and nationalization without resale for a loss. I say All government has failed us and should be replaced.

Banks to be run publicly NOW. No Federal reserve wishful thinking. Society needs structure. It MUST be transparent and forced to be faithful. Chance and confidence in others ability to work for a common good of all is unacceptable.

We should make a simple petition to be signed be EVERY American that wants to reform it all. Change EVERY political office with new paper elections that will be counted publicly.

If 2/3 of the population wants it, I don't see how the government can say no. I do, but then they would not be valid and the gloves would come off on ALL sides.

edit on 9-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

join