It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing People Talking In The Background While On My Cellphone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is driving me crazy! Have any of you ever heard conversations going on in the background (other than the person you are talking to:lol
while on your cellphone? I hear what almost sounds like a telecommunications room with people talking, but I can't really hear what they are saying. It sounds like an office because there are "computer like" sounds. I just moved to another city, and I never heard this at my old place...it has only started since I moved here......anyone?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

i have experienced this before, its really weird, and very rare.

its almost like its not even coming from the phone, like some kind of interference, but not from someone talking on another phone.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I used to have this issue with my cellphone when I lived in the Dallas area (Texas). I don't know about now because where I live, my cell phone doesn't work well at all, so I stopped using it. It was a little weird and freaky when it happened, because one has to think, "Am I being spied on?"....until I realized that, if somebody is spying on me, they are going to be sorely disappointed (and bored!).

However, it is not all that unusual. With all the frequencies being used now, I'm surprised that it doesn't happen more often.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
More info.

Type of cell phone.

What carrier.

Interference on Digital signals would indicate something different than on Analog.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Yep....it makes it very hard to hear the person you are talking to.....at first I thought it was that the person I was talking to had their TV too loud, but that isn't it...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Telecom room...office...computer-like sounds...

Sweet, now you can hear the NSA instead of them just hearing you! Record record record!

edit on 6/8/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Kat ever seen the Adjustment Bureau, if not, you should check it out. See any suspicious vans around you? Are you being followed? Have you seen something you weren't suppose to?

Are you paranoid yet?

link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I doubt I'm being spied on, but I noticed my minutes have been going down even though I don't stay on the phone that long......I kept getting calls from area codes I have never been to or know anyone from, and when I answered the call, it was dead air.....I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not.

link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Yep....it makes it very hard to hear the person you are talking to.....at first I thought it was that the person I was talking to had their TV too loud, but that isn't it...

it always sounds like just random people talking to each other, they aren't even using phones, just random crowd blabber like in long boring movies.

so if they aren't using a phone, how are people hearing them?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Prepaid Samsung.....just a regular cellphone.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I doubt I'm being spied on, but I noticed my minutes have been going down even though I don't stay on the phone that long......I kept getting calls from area codes I have never been to or know anyone from, and when I answered the call, it was dead air.....I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not.

every once in a while, just random numberless nameless people call my phones. (the phones i have had in my life in general)

*blank* is calling ring ring

i pick up, (hello?) *nooooooooooothing*

Hello?

*fsssssssssssssssssssssssss click*

telemarketers ghost be trolling everyone lol.
edit on 8-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

That's exactly what a friend of mine said! If that's true, they will fall asleep soon

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Exactly.....I tried to make out what they were saying.....but it's broken up enough where I can't make it out.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Whose the prepaid carrier, in some areas Verizon still uses Analog, Analog interference is fairly common.

Digital interference is harder as the information is contained in digital format so the sound your hearing would either have to be coming from the phone (the mic on the phone picking up something around you). Or somewhere on the network, one of the switches in the cell tower or something.

I doubt interference locally is the cause, as it wouldn't come in as sound you could identify, it would be static or something.

So something in the signal if its digital, local interference if its analog.

Worked for ATT wireless for a long time, that would be my guess from my experience.
edit on 8-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Telecom room...office...computer-like sounds...

Sweet, now you can hear the NSA instead of them just hearing you! Record record record!

edit on 6/8/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

LOL

sometimes it sounds like when NASA is launching a shuttle *bla bla bla random technical chatter*

MAYBE its one of those really boring free t.v. channels accidentally interfering with cell phones?

edit: tell NASA we don't need to hear them docking the space station on our conversations LOL
edit on 8-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Yes....and sometimes it is the same "chatter" I hear, I say hello....and no answer!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

It's a tracphone prepaid card. Also, I keep getting a message saying "roaming" and "service not available try later" which I never had before.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I think it is some kind of interference....but what?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

No.....I haven't seen that. I can't imagine why anyone would want to spy on me
I'll check it out though because now I'm curious.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Yes tracphone uses a mix, they are whats called a virtual network, they buy time on the Big name networks for their customers.

So you probably have an CDMA phone that operates from the verizon network, Whats happening is your jumping from a Digital signal to Analog when you are roaming.

If you are in a more rural area I can guarantee this is the case.

I remember back when Analog was everywhere I would get customers who would tell me they where getting Police and Fire band interference on their phones.

The way analog works is its a Wave form, so if you see it on an oscilloscope its a wavy line, and the signal is all over. Its way easir to get random interference on that.

Digital is either a 1 or 0, theres no room for direct interference, any interference would have to be in the sound information it self in order to come out as something you can understand.
edit on 8-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join