It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy of keeping society divided - Duality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
There are so many New Age people believing in this "duality" now, believing that things are never going to change for the better. Duality is actually a trick to keep people divided and conquered. It keeps the brain categorizing and judging things...

It separates all things into two categories and then get uncomfortable when one doesn't fit...

There is "being" and "non-being"

No, there is only being. Everything is energy. Scientists measured the so-called void and it turns out that even there, is energy. Just because it sees like "nothing" is there, doesn't mean that it is.

There is "day" and there is "night".

This is just a perspective. The sun is always shining, and the stars are always shining, there is never any "lack" of light. The so called "emptiness" and "darkness" of space, even have energy there on a quantum level.

There is "masculine" and there is "feminine"

This is the most dangerous because not only does it place things into categories, but it also judges based on social constructs. What is "masculine" in one country may not seem "masculine" in another, so this whole idea that there is a "masculine" and a "feminine" and men should fit all the "masculine" and women should fit all of the "feminine" roles, is entirely a social construct and it keeps people judgmental and therefore damages self expression.

A guy can be feminine and a woman can be masculine and there is nothing wrong with it. Get over yourself. Just because a person doesn't want to be a robot fitting some artificial social standard does not make them wrong.

There is "good" and there is "evil"

This is another dangerous one. It causes people to separate others into "good" and "evil" when in reality things are not like that. Things just exist. If a so-called "evil" person is doing a loving or kind thing or even warning people, now those who judge would not believe just because they already labeled that person as evil.

The same thing for so-called "good" people. This is how cults begin! They follow someone that they labeled "good" in their mind and therefore believe that they can do no "wrong".

If you want to say that being "compassionate" is good, and being "in-compassionate" is evil, fine, but that is how YOU defined the terms of good and evil. If that is the case you might as well just use the term "compassionate" instead of using a term which people define in different ways.

No good and evil, no duality, but there are different qualities that just ARE.

These dualities can be made even further - a racist for example can say "my race" or "not my race". It works in many ways...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

No good and evil, no duality, but there are different qualities that just ARE.
reply to post by arpgme

Absolutely agree. Great post man. Already figured that out. Evil and good are qualities of human perception. If there is a God...he would find our classifications laughable.

Duality is a human concept...and is actually two of the same...

edit on 8-6-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I have a question...since you embrace this way of thinking...what do you say about Hitler...

evil? not evil? good?

I once red a comment by "God"...in the book, "Conversations with God". Goes something like this...

God: "Hitler went to heaven. Once you understand this...you will understand God"

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I wouldn't call Hitler "good" or "evil". I don't think of judging people into such labels. Everyone does actions, some that we agree with and some that we don't.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Duality or trinity ( 3 parts ) is really just describing different sides of an entity as we are all energy. No one is totally good or totally evil. Duality when referring to good and bad simply describes the inner battle, do we effect others positively or negatively, is our mindset of service to ourselves or of service to others, do we treat others as we would like to be treated etc. All of us through the direction of thought and intent which effects the way that we act are capable of doing acts that are both good and evil.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Qspeedyrock

The inner battle can only exist when you split things into two. As I already gave examples of in the Original Post, Duality can cause discrimination and social control. It keeps people in the illusion of the primitive 'us vs them' mentality.

new topics

top topics

join