It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Dutch players subjected to racist chants

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

There is no harm in us having some fun with stereotypes and making jokes about our cultural differences... But all too often monkey chants at a football match can turn into a bottle in the neck.

There is a big difference between friends mocking each other, while having a joke, and a group of people singling out individuals, because they are different, for ridicule and violence and behaving in a way which is nothing less than bullying.

Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Very true. I apologize if my post minimized the insults this topic was originally about, I would never participate in or condone participation in a group belittling another group of people over their differences.

It just serves to ensure that hate continues to have a constant foothold, and hate is a waste of time, energy and life...except for the only two people in this world I can say I honestly hate...they deserve it

Peace back to you.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cheersforthedeers

Big silence on that one.

But no one`s forcing genocide on us,it`s just mandatory "diversity".

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

why, in neighboring Ukraine, no one is beating?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
reply to post by Muckster

Very true. I apologize if my post minimized the insults this topic was originally about, I would never participate in or condone participation in a group belittling another group of people over their differences.

It just serves to ensure that hate continues to have a constant foothold, and hate is a waste of time, energy and life...except for the only two people in this world I can say I honestly hate...they deserve it

Peace back to you.

Hey its all cool, i understand what you was saying
Its only because ive seen, first hand, what happens when this sort of mob chanting turns to violence. I realise that you wasnt suggesting that its ok to carry on in this way.

Thanks for the polite reply

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

There really are Black Dutch?

Yep, me... And my cousin who was also discriminated against when he was playing for the Dutch National Team.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by getreadyalready

There really are Black Dutch?

Yep, me... And my cousin who was also discriminated against when he was playing for the Dutch National Team.

That's interesting, and now I don't know if I really have Black Dutch in my family tree, or if it is Native American that called themselves Black Dutch? Could even be both.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
hmm, there have been more investigations into racism displayed by foreign fans than by polish fans. Maybe this entire thread was sensationalism?

edition.cnn.com... ro-2012-germany-fined/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So how many racist attacks happened during the tournament ?

How many people died ?

How many came back in bodybags ?

None ........ it was all English media sensationalism.

Pathetic

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

To be fair it wasn't JUST the English media - the French, Dutch and German media's played it up a bit as well.
UEFA did a good job of giving off a negative perspective as well by handing out fines to all and sundry.

I must admit though, spoke to a few mates who were over there and they said it was the best tournament they've all been to - no trouble at all and plenty of drinks and laughs.

I think it might have been different if England had played Russia or Poland - there is quite a bit of history between England and Russia and there's always potential with Poland.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Ok fair enough, I only saw the UK press going nuts about it.

I'm glad everyone had a good time though.

Final was a bit of a let down though

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Yeah - it was surprisingly one sided.

I'd previously been reasonably impressed with Italy and not so with Spain, (they fannied about with it far too much for my liking, but wtf do I know?).

But I've got to admit Spain were fantastic in that first half.

But overall I've got to say I enjoyed the tournamant.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join