It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wife and i saw something... extra-ordinary the other night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
hey gang,

first post about a 'sighting' and i thought someone might be able to shed some light on what we possibly saw.

it was Monday 6-4 and i was outside on my driveway and my wife was talking on her phone to her mom. we live on the edge of a city and have a decent amount of light pollution so you can only see planes and medium to bright stars.

i lay down on the driveway and am just looking up, looking at the stars and planes. i thought i might have even saw a satellite as it was reeeeaaaally high up there and as bright as one of the dimmer stars and just slowly flying by like they do.

anyway, after she got off the phone she laid down next to me and we were just talking about her phone convo when we both saw the weirdest thing:

imagine laying down and looking up at the sky. an EXTREMELY fast object that was seemingly as high as the stars traversed the whole sky from above and to the right of our vision all the way down (like from our line of vision above our heads towards our feet) till it was out of sight in about 1-1.5 seconds.

a shooting star, right? nope - get this. i have been a drummer for 25 years. that's important to note as i understand timing. this thing blinked on and off 3-4 times equally timed before it was out of sight. not randomly like something burning up in the atmosphere - but deliberate and equally timed blinks. it was a very bright light that was *white* and was like a very bright star - it was that high up. higher than the passenger planes fly by far.

basically - in a black sky when a light flashes like that you see it immediately if you are looking in the general direction. there would be the blackness of night, a fast blip of light, blackness of night, then it was 1/4 across the expanse of the sky. a flash again - and so on until it went too far towards the horizon to see. at least 3 and possibly 4 blinks before going too far to see.

it was like skipping a stone across the water. that much distance is waaaaaaay faster than anything i've ever seen flying in the sky. it was fast like a shooting star but had no trail at all. just blip, blip, blip and gone. we tracked it the whole way.

it was just weird. unidentified. over as fast as it started. weird enough for me to write a post about it and tell a few people. was not a plane. not a satellite, doubt it could have been a meteor because to me - if one just hit the upper atmosphere just right to graze us - i would think it would flash more randomly. this was a timed flash - like the strobe flash of lights on a plane. it seemed artificial, bright and very fast. i mean FAST. the higher something is the slower it looks like it's moving. this was up there with the stars. the size of a star but brighter. weird.

i know it's hard to picture it without seeing it but any ideas?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

This is from a post that I made earlier tonight...

Since we're sharing stories, the only thing I've ever seen... was when star gazing, I pointed to what seemed to be a satellite... there were 4 of us present. Right in our line of sight, directly between us and said satellite... there was what we all concluded was a flash, a flash just like that of a camera.

It was the craziest thing any of us have seen. It was SO bright, and very high in altitude. This might be a stretch, but me and a couple others all concluded that it must have came either near the edge of the atmosphere, our outside of it.

Is this close to what you say, well... besides the additional flashes, we may have only seen just the one.

How bright was it?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I saw something years ago which displayed the same blinking behavior only it would stop.. went from the horizon to almost directly overhead and did a 90 and went off to the North. Only thing I have ever personally seen that I believe was a "ufo".

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by h4y6d2e
this thing blinked on and off 3-4 times equally timed before it was out of sight. not randomly

Wasnt there, so I cant say what you saw, but for interests sake, let it be known that meteors can tumble.

Random pic...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, this definitely sounds interesting.

I've been avidly watching the night skies ever since my first 'impressive sighting' when I was much younger- interesting how you say this large white light, just blinked across the sky like a pebble on a lake.

Fascinating how you started your story: mentioning that you first noticed something in the sky, maybe a satellite, before having witnessed the next more interesting UFO moments after.
Funny isn't it? Like a domino effect almost.
That happened to me recently, maybe a month ago. Was at a bonfire with some friends at around 11 PM, we were all watching the 'satellites' up above - and then like clockwork they started getting a bit more peculiar, speeding up, changing directions, pulsating. Then maybe only 30 minutes later? Two giant camera flashes in the night sky. Can't describe it any other way... After some research, I've learned of 'iridium flares', but am still not sure that I am convinced

edit on 8-6-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Since you live in an area where you don't see the stars or the night sky clearly, I just want you to know, that I see this sort of thing very frequently. I live in the country, in a place with fairly little pollution and nightly access to star gazing.

I see objects like you described all the time. Almost weekly.

People need to look up and pay attention. They'll see it too.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
thanks for the reply, guys. it had no tail at all - no streak. just blip blip blip gone. it was very odd. you couldn't see the object - it was waaaay too high up and nighttime. but you'd see the flash, and then the other was impossibly far from the first one. then the next was equally far from the first flash. went in a straight line.

it was 'weird' and cool. she's a skeptic but even she said it was certainly strange.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

oh wow - that sounds like it. it was bright like a strobe flash, that white white light. it was soooo high up though. it was NOT a plane. it was too fast, too high, and the strobe was 'abnormally' bright for something that high up.

just like you said - it was strange. strange enough to stick with me and that's why i wanted to share. first time i ever posted about something i saw. not cool like Rendlesham or anything but cool for me

edit on 8-6-2012 by h4y6d2e because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by h4y6d2e
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

oh wow - that sounds like it. it was bright like a strobe flash, that white white light. it was soooo high up though. it was NOT a plane. it was too fast, too high, and the strobe was 'abnormally' bright for something that high up.

just like you said - it was strange. strange enough to stick with me and that's why i wanted to share. first time i ever posted about something i saw. not cool like Rendlesham or anything but cool for me

edit on 8-6-2012 by h4y6d2e because: (no reason given)

It's funny, because when I originally posted that comment about the sighting, which was yesterday, it was also my first time sharing it with anybody!

Also... going by your signature, you might be interested in a thread of mine....

PROVING: 46 & 2, "The Next Major Human Advancement", The Awakening... I'm Almost There
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The wife saw something like you describe around midnight last night.

A star-like object with a white blinking light, the blinks were about the same distance
apart (3 inches at arms length), no FAA lights, and seemed to be as high as satellites
fly.
She also said she couldn't see the object between blinks, but it went in what appeared
to be a straight path.

We live in central West Virginia, and it was travelling from SW to the NE.

I haven't checked to see if her sighting was the ISS yet though............

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I dont think the iss is as fast as the ops description

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Subsea.

I've seen the exact same thing you did a few years back in Los Angeles. it did the 90 degree maneuver too. except it left a very, very bright whitish blue streak as it made the sudden direction change. Went down exactly like you describe your sighting.

I had seen the same object following the same flight course 3 times in a row on wednesdays. it would go from the california desert out to sea around 8ish and be on it's return trip around 10ish.

It would cross the sky from horizon to horizon in seconds and it would sometimes jump halfway across the sky too. It was very very high up. and once even zigzagged a little giving off a modest shower of smaller dimmer blue sparks or orbs at the apex of each zig or zag.

I personally think it's military related. But it does appear to be able to warp or jump halfway across the sky. It's the color and size of a dim bluish white star.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
"Hello, 911? There are two people lying in the driveway down the street. No they're not moving. A man and a woman, yes, right down on the ground, face up. I'm not sure if they're alive. Not sure what their names are, but he's a musician. Yeah, sometimes musicians do strange things."

Back on topic. There are two threads currently about sightings in the middle east with videos. Did your light look anything like those?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
saw something very similar last evening myself, i'm in south eastern PA and around 6:00 pm give or take, i looked to my left as my wife came around the corner. as she walked about 5 feet from me i noticed over head directionally, a saw a brief flash of very bright light, kind of blue green white in color, it paused motionless for a a couple tenth of a second, then flashed and went extremely fast to the right leaving only a (from my perspective) 4 inch trail in the sky, like the USS enterprise in star trek would, and was gone.

it seemed as though it was roughly 20-50 miles away in the sky although it's very hard to tell because it only took around 3 seconds for it to appear and be gone.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Nice sighting, can i suggest one thing though,

This object that was moving through the sky, its not very common that an object would just move directly straight,

Is it possible that the object was perhaps spinning as it moved through the sky, meaning that each spin, the light shined off a glossy/metallic side causing the blinking? similar to how a lighthouse works

Just a thought

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I saw something like that on a night with my wife about a month ago. Judging from the speed, meteor is the only explanation, but something about it just doesn't feel like a natural phenomenon. There was no tail, and the color was turquoise. The luminosity of the object was bright, yet, soft and constant, i.e. doesn't look like something burning up. It disappears 3/4 the way across my view span with nothing obstructing my view, and the manner which it disappears is not fading away, nor burnt up. Just gone, as if someone had turned off a light.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well i have seen something similar quite a few times but, it just flashes 2 to 5 times and it never moves it just sits in the same spot and flashes quick like a camera flash. Sometimes the flashes are really bright and other times its sort of dim.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You said it took around 1-1.5 seconds to cross the sky. That can only mean a meteor, and you are right when you said "grazer", as a meteor can only travel over a large part of the sky if it's entering the atmosphere at a low angle.

Considering the time-frame involved, it would be extremely difficult for anyone to tell for sure, just by observing, that the flares were exactly at repeating intervals. To tell for sure, a photograph or footage of the event would be needed. Besides, in some cases, "randomness" can result in a pattern. It certainly can't be ruled out.

So, I would say that you probably saw a meteor.

Edit to add - It's not uncommon for earthgrazers to have no tail. This is because they are skimming the outer edges of our atmosphere, which is where the air is extremely thin. The tail of a meteor is made from ionized air molecules, so if there is not much air, there will not be much of a tail, if any at all.
edit on 8-6-2012 by FireballStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireballStorm
You said it took around 1-1.5 seconds to cross the sky. That can only mean a meteor, and you are right when you said "grazer", as a meteor can only travel over a large part of the sky if it's entering the atmosphere at a low angle.

Considering the time-frame involved, it would be extremely difficult for anyone to tell for sure, just by observing, that the flares were exactly at repeating intervals. To tell for sure, a photograph or footage of the event would be needed. Besides, in some cases, "randomness" can result in a pattern. It certainly can't be ruled out.

So, I would say that you probably saw a meteor.

Edit to add - It's not uncommon for earthgrazers to have no tail. This is because they are skimming the outer edges of our atmosphere, which is where the air is extremely thin. The tail of a meteor is made from ionized air molecules, so if there is not much air, there will not be much of a tail, if any at all.
edit on 8-6-2012 by FireballStorm because: (no reason given)

I would have to say that we will never exactly 'know' what it was but your explanation is certainly plausible. just didn't seem like a meteor. ive seen plenty of comets and shooting stars. this was very different looking. but I suppose if it skimmed it could produce the effect. like I said - like a rock skipping across the pond.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

Thank you for your post. ATS is the place to share the unusual. When someone says "pictures or it didnt happen" along with any other snide remarks, remember that this is a public forum and some of the public is rude.

I personally have experienced "unusual things" but never have I had the good fortune to spot a ufo.

<<   2 >>

join