It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul endorses... Romney??? WTF

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

what is the world coming to??
there must be some serious # going on behind the scenes for something like this to happen
$
threats
controlled opposition?
or just a sellout ?

I think he & his family was threatened...

EDIT: notice how he dodged the question.... this suggests he didn't even tell Ron before doing this

HANNITY:
First of all, before you say what I think you're going to say, did you check in with your congressman father -- presidential candidate who I guess officially finally dropped out of the race?

PAUL:
Well, you know, my first choice had always been my father. I campaigned for him when I was eleven years old. He's still my first pick. But, you know, now that the nominating process is over, tonight, I'm happy to announce that I'm going to be supporting Governor Romney.

edit on 8-6-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Come on Rand!!! You did not need to endorse him at all. That wasnt your position and you are being a little impatient. Unless, you are going to be VP or get a Cabinet position where you can continue the cause. Otherwise, I havent lost respect for you but I do question your timing.

Now, for the Thread to become a "I told you so" thread and let the Paul bashing commence.

I would not doubt that Ron Paul will come out soon to endorse Romney as well. This will be a huge back lash which I dont think they will see coming.

I hope and pray that they are doing the right thing and can trust Romney. I dont and never would of endorsed him if I was Rand Paul. Sad state of affairs.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Rand is not his daddy.

Everyone's like, oh if RP doesn't do this or does do that at Tampa it will mess Rand's chances up.

Like b/c I am a RP supporter I'd care WTh happens to Rand?

The only time I like him is when he sounds like his dad...but most of the time he is not as caring as his dad...he's got maybe 40% his dad and 60% some neocon in him and I don't like it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Sellout!
2nd Line.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Now, for the Thread to become a "I told you so" thread and let the Paul bashing commence.

i dont think anyone saw this coming, except for webster tarpley a couple days ago, and I didn't even believe him

I hope and pray that they are doing the right thing and can trust Romney.

They can't trust him, not even Romney can believe his own words, hes full of #, and so is this endorsement
edit on 7-6-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Rand sure has a smug look on his face during this interview. Also, the back room deals are becoming sickening to me. Get the Money out of Politics!!!!

So, only three things gets Rand's endorsement. Family Values, Auditing the Fed (Romney still is not very literate on this), and oil drilling.

Wow!!!! Thats all I can say at this point. I will digest this a little more and try and see the end game. But, his last statement about going to War and the statement regarding reigning in the Powers of the President is wishfull thinking. Once the New POTUS gets elected and gets the Power its hard for them to give it up.

edit on 7-6-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Wow stabbed his own father in the back.
Can't get much lower than that.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

i dont think anyone saw this coming, except for webster tarpley a couple days ago, and I didn't even believe him

I actually figured he was going to endorse mittens. I think Ron and Rand both realize there is no way Dr.Paul is getting into the white house. It makes more sense to endorse Romney, and I won't be a bit surprised to see Ron throw in his endorsement at some point. Ron Paul is out guys, he's not going to be in politics anymore. I think the campaign was more to bump up support for a future run by his son.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
If Rand thinks Romney actually believes in internet freedom and auditing the fed as stated in the video then he is delusional. No way will Romney actually hold those positions while president.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Sources close to Senator Rand Paul tell National Review Online that Paul and Mitt Romney had a private meeting on Wednesday. Details of the topics discussed are hazy, but Paul — the son of Texas congressman (and presidential candidate) Ron Paul — reportedly found the meeting productive. The one-on-one conversation in the nation’s capital lasted 30 minutes. Sources say the tone was cordial but it wasn’t meant to be an exchange of pleasantries. The Kentucky Republican focused his questions on policy.

This was from about 2 weeks ago.. I think there was a thread on it here with some saying Rand might be his VP.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Wow stabbed his own father in the back.
Can't get much lower than that.

Rand Paul has his own future to look out for in the GOP so he'll kiss up to Romney and any of the necessary GOP higher-ups. Ron Paul will not do anything to jeopardise his son's prospects to the nomination in 2020/2016. If Ron Paul doesn't endorse Romney, he will by the least cooperate at the convention in Tampa.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Maybe Ron has an agreement worked out with Rand and told him to endorse mittens. Kinda like how Dumbledore had Snape kill him to win over the trust of Voldemort.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well, if I was voting and seen this I would vote RP. If I seen Rand switch to Mitt I would start to think that at first I couldn't trust Mitt...and now Rand is a sellout. That would pull some heart strings I believe.

If I were a betting man I would see this as a play by the Ron camp to paint the Mitt camp as completely untrustworthy and lacking in ethics and morals. Didn't need Rand to wobble in order to see this but it helps the big picture.

Good Play on Ron's part? Ron and Rand planning from the start?

Nothing surprises me anymore.

I hope so...

Peace

edit on 7-6-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Very Sad day for America and If Ron Paul endorses him I don't see us ever getting back control of our government. I think internet opened a lot of people eyes on how corrupt and in sync the politicians,corporate media, and lobbyist are all in it together.

I don't care who Rand or Ron Paul endorse or anybody for that matter. I'm not wasting my vote on Romney or Obama.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

See, thats the thing. Most of the so called "followers" WILL NOT vote for Romney or Obama no matter what. I dont see how they think they will get all these votes just from doing this.

edit on 8-6-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I surely hope that Rand Paul endorsing Romney is not for testing the waters for what might come. Hope this is not a method to test how Ron Paul supporters react for a future Ron Paul Romney endorsement.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Yep, I don't think they realize that that Ron Paul started a movement and that movement is bigger than Ron Paul himself.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The best way and only way that I could even spin this as an EXTREME EXTREME EXTREME optimist and grabbing at all straws is:
1. Rand Paul is a plant. Once he is in the system then he will try to destroy it.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Thats what I am hoping for. Get as high as you can and endorse all the new people running for Congress who have the same ideas. I think that was already being done without the support of RP's anyway.

In the bigger picture, the local Congressional seats are more important right now than POTUS since RP has dropped out and now the endorsement from Rand. We need to concentrate our efforts on electing local people who will follow the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHYY

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join