It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul endorses... Romney??? WTF

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If anything this motivates me more to not vote for Romney.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Or Obama. So, looks like Gary Johnson is the Man now.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

My husband and I talked about this...we're going to write Ron Paul in.

It doesn't matter really, but for us, for our peace of mind, we will be able to say that we got to vote for Ron Paul for president.

Rand's a sell out traitor. He never seems to care for people like his dad does. He cares for money.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Rand's a sell out traitor. He never seems to care for people like his dad does. He cares for money.

Beat me to it!

It's absolutely disgusting to see this happening. Rand Paul is just another greedy politician who obviously doesn't care about the movement his father started.

You can bet if/when he runs for president, I won't be voting for him. He's shown his true character.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Was never a rand fan. If Paul supports Romney, I am done supporting him too. although this is beginning to smell.

I can't imagine Rand giving this endorsement without first speaking with his father about it. Really Rand, Romney wants to audit the fed and see who is paying for his campaign? Romney flips on everything, but Romney has stated several times he will not be going after Ben Bernanke and the fed.

I think Ron Paul is scared he's started something too big now. He wants his supporters to be calm and toe the line at the convention. That is why he is saying he's done and can't get the delegates. He wants you to support Romney.

I still trust the DR, but I don't feel he is approaching this rationally and I think he's got Rand's best interest ahead of everyone else's. Rand has compromised this revolution.
edit on 8-6-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

See, thats the thing. Most of the so called "followers" WILL NOT vote for Romney or Obama no matter what. I dont see how they think they will get all these votes just from doing this.

That's all very noble and whatnot. It's also stupid. Obama isn't getting another run if he wins. He can basically do whatever the hell he wants at this point. Mittens would have to at least keep himself in check to secure the next run. Writing in Ron Paul isn't going to do squat. Help elect Mittens, at least he has to watch his ass those first four years. Next election cycle, perhaps Ron Paul will have caught on and we may get a candidate worthy of our heartfelt votes.

Obama wins, the spending is going to hit the fan. He has already proven himself to be a reincarnation of Bush. Wars, taxing, personal liberty raping, horrific spending. If he wins a second term he has no reason to hold back. It's going to get worse.

I think Romney is a better choice because he will keep himself more in check than Obama if he wants to win a second term, which of course he does. Lesser of two evils? Yeah. Lame? Yeah.

Paul supporters. Obama is going to have free reign now that he can't be reelected. Mittens has that little check if he is elected. Don't let Obama into office writing in an idealistic vote for Paul. You say you want to help, that you're better than partisan politics. I hate to say anyone but Obama, but really he has screwed us left and right, and again, with no reason to hold back it's only going to get worse. Don't let him win by that slim margin. Ron Paul supporters really could change this election. Then keep up the momentum, take what you learned and get us a real candidate so Mittens doesn't get a second shot.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Maybe the Bilderbergs had something to do with Ron and Rand Paul throwing in the towel?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
i dont think anyone saw this coming, except for webster tarpley a couple days ago, and I didn't even believe him

WRONG!!! Fact is, Everyone in America who's not a member of the Ron Paul fan club, (which happens to be the vast majority) saw this coming a long time ago. Hell, even Ron Paul himself knew this was coming and he's been trying to tell you so for a while now. Problem is, you just weren't listening.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Is that so? If I remember correctly, nobody from the Paul family endorsed McCain last time around. So, as far as everybody figured until now, it was a very safe bet that the same thing was going to happen this election, i.e. the establishment candidate would not be endorsed by any Paul.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I called this out over a month ago check my post history, Rand Paul is a sell out nothing more.... Was I surprised by this? No I actually knew he was going to do this a while ago.... Like I said on that post a while ago the apple falls VERY FAR from the tree!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

See, thats the thing. Most of the so called "followers" WILL NOT vote for Romney or Obama no matter what. I dont see how they think they will get all these votes just from doing this.

That's all very noble and whatnot. It's also stupid. Obama isn't getting another run if he wins. He can basically do whatever the hell he wants at this point. Mittens would have to at least keep himself in check to secure the next run. Writing in Ron Paul isn't going to do squat. Help elect Mittens, at least he has to watch his ass those first four years. Next election cycle, perhaps Ron Paul will have caught on and we may get a candidate worthy of our heartfelt votes.

Obama wins, the spending is going to hit the fan. He has already proven himself to be a reincarnation of Bush. Wars, taxing, personal liberty raping, horrific spending. If he wins a second term he has no reason to hold back. It's going to get worse.

I think Romney is a better choice because he will keep himself more in check than Obama if he wants to win a second term, which of course he does. Lesser of two evils? Yeah. Lame? Yeah.

Paul supporters. Obama is going to have free reign now that he can't be reelected. Mittens has that little check if he is elected. Don't let Obama into office writing in an idealistic vote for Paul. You say you want to help, that you're better than partisan politics. I hate to say anyone but Obama, but really he has screwed us left and right, and again, with no reason to hold back it's only going to get worse. Don't let him win by that slim margin. Ron Paul supporters really could change this election. Then keep up the momentum, take what you learned and get us a real candidate so Mittens doesn't get a second shot.

I would rather slit my wrists than vote for mittens. The spending is going to continue no matter if it's Obama or Romney, both are as big government as you can get.

Stupid is playing into this game and letting TPTB dictate the outcome every year.

Mitt Romney flat out sucks.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
One of four things is happening here, and maybe even a combination of some.

1)Threats were made.

2)Rand Paul has gone Trojan horse for 2016.

3)Rand Paul has sold out for solely political reasons, he is not a statesman like his father but has become a regular politician.

4) A compensation deal has been struck between the Paul's & Mitt to be revealed at a later date, maybe at the Tampa convention.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
this is getting a lot less attention then I expected... this is a pretty big deal imo

I'm really looking to hear what Ron Paul's view is on this move.. judging from the questionnaire by hannity Rand never told his father he was going to endorse romney

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
WHAT IF (dont bother saying it cant happen ,its a what if) Ron has way more delegates and they force the nomination on Paul...Rand will look stupid, if you ask me Ron and Rand jump the gun on things.............ATLEAST Rand could have waited unless he is the VP ehich he wont be...........GOOD LUCKA getting those delegates to vote Romney,,,Id rather have Obama...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
How does this surprise anyone? Ron's endorsement is coming next.

The thing is, if Rand aspires to a political future, he HAD to do this, plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Rand is not his daddy.

Everyone's like, oh if RP doesn't do this or does do that at Tampa it will mess Rand's chances up.

Like b/c I am a RP supporter I'd care WTh happens to Rand?

The only time I like him is when he sounds like his dad...but most of the time he is not as caring as his dad...he's got maybe 40% his dad and 60% some neocon in him and I don't like it.

I think many Ron Paul supporters were hoping that Rand Paul would take up the cause.

Unfortunately, looks like this is not to be the case.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
How does this surprise anyone? Ron's endorsement is coming next.

The thing is, if Rand aspires to a political future, he HAD to do this, plain and simple.

I also wonder why this suprises anybody. The Pauls have little to offer beyond a small, loud, out of control base and very unpopular platform. Ron might be old and done with politics but, Rand has to stay in this party and try and salvage the family name that has become a laughing stock. He needs the Party badly so he will do as he has to.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Rand is not his daddy.

Everyone's like, oh if RP doesn't do this or does do that at Tampa it will mess Rand's chances up.

Like b/c I am a RP supporter I'd care WTh happens to Rand?

The only time I like him is when he sounds like his dad...but most of the time he is not as caring as his dad...he's got maybe 40% his dad and 60% some neocon in him and I don't like it.

I think many Ron Paul supporters were hoping that Rand Paul would take up the cause.

Unfortunately, looks like this is not to be the case.

Yeah, of course! Especially since Ron is done with politics. I like Rand but I guess this is where he and I see things differently. I'm a little shell shocked he is endorsing Romney, but it's clear he is networking to further his career.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Rand is going to get a VP slot and all you guys will be eating your hat(s).

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join