It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia tests another long-range nuclear missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A google translation of this German web page yielded the following:

Link

Russia tests long-range nuclear missile

Moscow - Right in the dispute with NATO at its planned missile defense system in Europe, Russia has tested a nuclear long-range missile equippable The general aim was to overcome any obstacle defense, according to a Defense Ministry spokesman.. DieTopol-M (NATO code: SS-27 Sickle B) have met their target with pinpoint accuracy in neighboring Kazakhstan. Russia and the authoritarian ex-Soviet republic of Kazakhstan are close allies. Only two weeks ago, Russia had successfully tested a new nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile, which is supposed to be a Weiternetwicklung the Topol-M. Russia sees NATO missile shield themselves from the serious threat.

Just a little reminder to NATO that Russia is beyond the small stuff anymore. They have stated this repeatedly, and have refused to play the budget-draining, tit-for-tat conventional weapons game with the west. They are prepared to fire heavy if threatened. And they may be extending that protection to Syria- just in case the UN tries to intervene militarily after a Chapter 7.

"Russia shocks the entire world by killing 5000 UN troops with a tactical nuke..."

Also: could this be the UFO reported in Israel?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Thu Jun 7th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Could this be what is being seen in the mid-east ?
(Ufo seen all over middle east) could be ?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrainGarden
Could this be what is being seen in the mid-east ?
(Ufo seen all over middle east) could be ?

Yes.
cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Just a little reminder to NATO that Russia is beyond the small stuff anymore.

Um...remember a little episode called the cold war? Russia has been "beyond the small stuff" for quite some time.

edit on 6/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Um...remember a little episode called the cold war? Russia has been "beyond the small stuff" for quite some time.

You're just trying to start some BS with me Phage, that's not what I meant.

I was referring to the specific part of their military strategy that has come about more recently where they have stated that they WILL use overwhelming force if threatened at all. If you would have read the teaser title I posted below that, you might have understood. But ok, I am willing to give you a second chance. Care to engage some higher brain cells and give me your opinion on why they might be testing this missile at this time? Cause if you're just going pick at me, that's no fun.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

It's an updated version of the Topol (RS-12M). A good reason to test it.
www.kuna.net.kw...

But NATO's announcement last month is a fine reason for a little saber rattling as well.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

They tested that missile with a warhead designed specifically for missile defense penetration, and have been improving many aspects of its evasion capabilities. It seems to be a specific message they are sending, with a specific missile, capable of a specific purpose. Backed up with the publicly announced intent to use them, I'd say they mean business.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

A warhead? You don't mean it was armed, I'm sure. But yes, Russia has been touting the evasive abilities of the Topol for some time. I'm not sure that demonstrating to NATO satellites and radar its capabilities would be a good idea, tactically. Like I said, saber rattling in response to NATO's announcement.

What do you think about the US tests? Like this one a few months ago.
www.vandenberg.af.mil...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
What do you think about the US tests? Like this one a few months ago.
www.vandenberg.af.mil...

I hate missile tests of any kind. That's what I think. Just reminds me of the death trap we live in worldwide. Could explode any minute, all because we let it get that way. Maybe it's all just operational tests on both sides. The public and media are hyping the timing of this test probably more than they should be- but still- makes me wonder. 800 kt worth of wonder.

new topics

top topics

join