It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions/ideas: What might "Forbidden Knowledge" consist of anyway?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's a broad concept, running all the way from The Garden of Eden, the Library at Alexandria, to today's sci-fi. Religion, ETs, mathematics, dimensional awareness....

What might ancient-future knowledge consist of? I'm not looking for proof or facts, just a brief explanation of the concepts, as pondered by the smart guys here. Sort of a brainstorm session.

Go->

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
"psychic" or spiritual sciences for lack of a better word. you know the whole turning the body into light, creating ethereal beings to torment your enemies( i think shiva was big on this lol), materializing things, etc

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingFox

I am a religious person but I have to say I don't think it has anything to do with "God" as we currently perceive him. I've always thought the "forbidden" knowledge involved aliens and life's origins throughtout the universe.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'll throw out humans as hybrid aliens for a starter. That would be a big secret! We see plausible themes from many historical areas of the world, all related. Greek mythology comes to mind.

Monumental architecture, common in ancient times, seemingly impossible feats which we don't yet understand. It's not like they were building purposeful projects like dams and bridges (for example). A lot of this took place during the same period of Earth's history.

Funny how our history could be simplified into eras, stone, metal, automation, power generation, information....etc, a nice clean line of progression. However, there are a lot of blanks in the story and it makes history, archeology and related endevours MUCH more interesting. That is, we're not even advanced enough to understand OURSELVES.

Look at what a mess world politics is!!!
edit on 6-6-2012 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Dear FlyingFox,

What might ancient-future knowledge consist of? I'm not looking for proof or facts, just a brief explanation of the concepts, as pondered by the smart guys here. Sort of a brainstorm session.

A need for some clarification here. Do you mean knowledge held by the ancients that we might learn again in the future; but, do not currently understand? If so, then I would assume it had to do with balance and weight needed to move large rocks without machinery. I would also think they had a better understanding of the plants and vegetables and animals around them and how they could be used. The Eskimos figured out how to live on snow, the Polynesians figured out how to navigate by the stars and waves and know where they would find islands. These skills and the knowledge behind it is being lost today and is becoming our future ancient knowledge that we may or may not ever learn again and will look at in the same way that we look at the pyramids today. Peace.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Great post and perspective.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

What can really be considered "forbidden knowledge?" Is there a rule book somewhere that was maybe misplaced, I didn't get the memo? I don't think there is any forbidden knowledge, we're here in this reality to learn, not to cow-tow to some antiquated religious bias written by people, for use on people, to control people, by the wrong people with sick agendas. It's funny, you look at the world today and if SHTF tomorrow and only the psychopathic bankers and lying scumbag politicians lived, when the world rebuilds, what kind of start would they have but more importantly, what kind of people would there be in the future, other than psychopaths and liars?

There is no truly forbidden knowledge. It's only called "forbidden" because some wanker in a funny hat says so.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I wonder what we could find, given the opportunity to rummage through the warehouses of the Smithsonian, or the secret basement libraries of the Vatican. Maybe the truth about ancient civilizations, inner earth, life within the Moon and Mars, secret history of our enslavement. Where the bodies are buried and where the clones are being manufactured.

The secret space program, the real, holographic bible and finally that there really is a Santa Clause, but he's retired on one of the outer moons of Jupiter!

Just my wandering thoughts....

edit on 6-6-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Dear bobs_uruncle,

There is no truly forbidden knowledge. It's only called "forbidden" because some wanker in a funny hat says so.

Actually, the both of you misunderstood the term. The bible did not say any knowledge was "forbidden" in the sense you think. The "forbidden" knowledge was the knowledge of good and evil and it was given to us and we chose it. That is the story of Adam and Eve. The other religions he mentioned and concepts have to do with esoteric knowledge or "hidden" knowledge and those belong to the "Mystery Schools" such as Kabbalah or Rosicrucians which have nothing to do with true Judaism or Christianity. If by the hat, you are referring to the Pope (and I am not a Catholic), he would tell you the same thing I did.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

The point is, as I said before, any "book" real or fictional is written by some person. The adoption of a book into a cult cum religion is hoarded over by some person or people. So unless you can show me God's signature in the bible someplace, I will consider it a propaganda tool. Oh, by the way, there is no proof God told an alleged creation called Adam or Eve, anything, including the concept of forbidden knowledge. Now this isn't to say I don't believe there is a creator, because I do. I just can't see IT laying down a bunch of silly rules that benefit the few rather than the many. I don't think God would preoccupy Him/Her/It self with grossly exaggerating the worth of a few worthless human beings.

It's like the queen, she blows off that she's appointed by God, show me the bloody signature and prove it's Gods and I'll say, sure that works, otherwise, they are all just a bunch of lowlife inbred criminally insane psychopaths and the most useless and expensive "welfare family" in the commonwealth (which is neither communally owned nor wealthy).

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Dear bobs_uruncle,

The point is, as I said before, any "book" real or fictional is written by some person.

While I am sure that you have said that many times, the question was what "forbidden knowledge" was and not whether or not the bible was true. The both of you misunderstood where the term comes from and how it applies to religion at all and it doesn't apply to the bible, it applies to the Eastern Mystery Schools. Lets at least identify the books and who wrote them. Do you wish to start with the Kabbalah?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think forbidden knowledge is, Everything was free there was no such thing as debt, everything belonged to you already.Satan's original sin was making merchandise of what God gives for free,if you knew how cancel your debt (accept that Christ paid your debts for you) then his merchandise would be revealed as, a lie. and he would lose his 'power' So there ya go,now you know what the forbidden secret is!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Forbidden knowledge...I think, this is just my belief, it has to do with death. Fear of death. You can control people with fear of the UNKNOWN, whats more unknown than death.
I think the KEY OF DEATH is knowing you dont die. Once you know the truth about death ( only physical body dies )you will no longer fear the unknown. Once you dont fear death, no power can control the free spirits that we really are.
Once you believe that death is just like undressing and putting on new clothes no one can control you through your fears of the unknown.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
'Forbidden knowledge' consists of bank details, HIV status and that one guilty secret we all hold close to our hearts.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear bobs_uruncle,

The point is, as I said before, any "book" real or fictional is written by some person.

While I am sure that you have said that many times, the question was what "forbidden knowledge" was and not whether or not the bible was true. The both of you misunderstood where the term comes from and how it applies to religion at all and it doesn't apply to the bible, it applies to the Eastern Mystery Schools. Lets at least identify the books and who wrote them. Do you wish to start with the Kabbalah?

Why define anything as a mystery school or mystery religion, I tell ya the RC have a bunch of mysterious cult stuff going on, so do the mormons and almost every "religion," and then there is scientology, lol, that's a mystery that anyone would eat up that crap. As far as "forbidden knowledge" in eastern religions we would first have to establish who or whom said something was forbidden and whether it was credible that the statement could even be made. To state something as forbidden implies authority, that dog don't hunt here ;-)

As an example of what certain religions consider "forbidden" there is the Grimoire of Solomon or the Keys of Solomon (five books), specifically the Geotia which has the angelic script (if there is such a thing) for the 72 guardians of the Guff (if there is such a thing). The Guff is the Hall of Souls or "The Archive" dependent on your religious flavor. Those books were banned by just about every western religion in the 70's and early 80's. Very hard to find originals, I sold my set of five in the 70's for $1,500. Is that the kind of forbidden knowledge we are talkin' 'bout here?

Now, when you say the kabbalah, why would you even consider that "forbidden?" It's just a book, it wasn't placed into some jewish dude's hand by God. I think what you really have to do is establish "forbidden knowledge" as in forbidden according to whom and with what authority? I really have to understand context here because "forbidden knowledge" could imply something a religious wanker in a funny hat doesn't want me know or it could be a book on how to make nuclear weapons, that most people really shouldn't know. There are allegedly different types of forbidden knowledge and context is important.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/7.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Id say maybe life on another planet. Maybe even the books that are missing from the bible. The truth about all religion...what if the basement in the Vatican had the forbidden knowledge. Knowledge that tied all religions together and validated all to tell THE TRUTH about the Gods. Just a thought...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
you all should visit the metaphysics section on this forum. there you will find some very enlightening threads and posts that will settle you confuision. see my posts on astral projection, out of body experiences, the chakra system.

forbidden knowledge is obscured or hidden knowledge. the word occult mean hidden or obscured. so thus.. forbidden knowledge is occult knowledge. ancient eastern philosophies are regarded as occult knowledge.music and other art forms was at one time considered occult. we are all going through an evolution process but the last part of the evolution requires willful choice to complete the puzzle. eastern philosophies are very clear in their teachings. the words can be comprehended literally and there is no need to search for any hidden or deeper meaning. the deeper meaning is explained clearly.

the truth of occult knowledge is that it teaches us about how to live in harmony with nature and the universe. TPTB dont like this idea very much as it will dismantle power structures and yes. everything would be free if everyone learned and attained enlightenment. this goal is the purpose of every living man woman and child.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that 'forbidden knowledge' is sex. Eve ate the 'forbidden fruit' which I beleive to be fornication. For some reason sex is considered bad or dirty by nearly every religion. It is a great source of anxiety and underlying motivation for everything we do.

OR....

Forbidden knowledge is free will. It was 'free will' that allowed Eve to metaphorically eat from the tree. Before the introduction of free will, humans were happy little drones, milling about, unable to make the 'right' or 'wrong' choices.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
He who speaks does not know, he who knows does not speak...

Lao-Tzu.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hidden Knowledge is usually enlightening knowledge; information which allows common people to understand their place in the world, and the structure of the universe in simple, laymen's terms.

Those who wish to dominate and control others can do so by stopping the normal people in their society from accessing the information that would lead to a culture of general enlightenment and freedom of individual thought.

Industrialised Western cultures have put an interesting twist on the process of oppression via hidden knowledge. Modern science, and theoretical physics in particular, purports to be an almost complete, informationally pure understanding of the mechanisms used by the universe. You will often see the likes of Stephen Hawking bragging about how physics is only a few years away from a total model of existence, or experimental physicists patting themselves on the back about the supreme accuracy of their measurements.

But in reality, very little of this information has any kind of enlightening effect on the general populace. In fact, I think it could be argued that much of this theory is so complex, unwieldy and arcane that it almost looks designed to avoid generalised enlightenment of the population.

The real hidden knowledge is hiding in plain sight and should be discoverable and understandable by anyone with a little dedication and thought. It's worth asking why our modern science puts so much effort into avoiding accurate and efficient simplification and generalization of physical theory.

You can see by this Einstein quote that he understood that much was wrong with our current approach. But also that he himself had been cowed by the system into believing that enlightenment requires genius and courage.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein

top topics

<<   2 >>

join