It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester Airport runs out of airline fuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So what's the deal here then?
Apparently the supply had problems a few months ago, but I don't recall any news on it. And just what is the problem?
Is it a pump issue? Has the pipe line broken? Or sabbotaged?

If it has broken and split then there's gonna be one heck of a lot of fuel polluting the environment.
As it stands, there is no information as to exactly what the problem is, but 'production' has now begun again.
could the airport possibly not have paid their fuel bill?
Why was production stopped? Was it really a production issue, if so, why was this issue not solved the first time around?

I'm doubting the 'production' story..

Aviation fuel is being sent to Manchester Airport after it ran out of supplies, a spokesman has said.

A spokesman for the Essar refinery in Cheshire, which pipes fuel to the airport, said production was "now back to normal".

An airport spokesman confirmed fuel was on its way but disruption was expected until early on Thursday morning.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Just how the heck does an airport run out fo fuel?
Have they not go meters to tell them the tanks are almost empty? Can they not have a back up supply?

One thing may be for sure...no passengers or businesses will be compensated for the delays/cancellations..

Good luck if you're flying into/out of this airport right now.. Seems flights will land there but fly on to another airport to refuel.. talk about rush hour traffic..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I may be wrong but I do not see the airport in and of itself buying the fuel. I think they probably provide the tanks for storage at the least, but I would think it is left up to the individual airlines to actually purchase the fuel.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Beats me, Extralien, very embarrassing for us Brits !

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

That makes sense... either way something has happened for the supply to be interupted...

But why?

What could have caused such a burp?

Can't wait to see their 'excuse'
I bet it'll be something really daft.. wont be about money due to the way the market is fragile right now.. but you can only live in hope i guess

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
They shouldnt be fueling up at the airport. It costs a fortune. They should nip to Sainsburys instead, and they would get nectar points

top topics

join