It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I...Created...BUTTER!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yes, that's it. One of two containers of butter that I CREATED! BOW before my godlike powers, as I have the ultimate power of CREATION ITSELF!!! Rich, creamy, buttery goodness!

In case you couldn't tell, I'm pretty proud of my first food creation. I cook all the time, but I make dishes with food that's already created. This is the first time I've ever made one of the staples, though.

Now, if I could just get my powers to make bacon, I'd be self sufficient!

/TOA

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Good going!

Is it fatty or low caloried?

Nothing beats being self-sufficient!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Good job. That looks really good. How does it taste compared to store bought? I have never had the chance to try real butter.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I bow to your awesomeness. So, tell us whatcha did? Did you just take heavy cream and shake the crap out of it? Give details so the rest of us can use your method and reaffirm that it works (scientific method and all of that). What you used, how you did it. Come on, spill.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I love homemade fresh butter. I know it's fattening, but pure and you can certainly tell a big difference in the taste from store bought margarines. We use to get it from an older couple up the road from us when I was a kid. It always had the pretty flower design in the top from the mold used. The antique butter molds are beautiful. You should go to an antique shoppe and try to find yourself one. Oh, by the way, now you'll need to make some homemade bread to go with it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
And TOA said, Let there be butter: and there was butter.

And TOA saw the butter, that it was good: and TOA spread it upon a freshly toasted slice of bread.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Congratulations, now eat it

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Home made bread would go wonderfully with home made butter ...

Oh the melting butter on fresh warm bread ... It's enough to go to War for ... At least it's a better reason than most Countries these days go to war for

edit on 6/6/12 by faryjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Been wanting to do this for awhile. I hear it is a easy project for kids. How did you do it?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Good job.
A few more ingredients and you can start making your own bread.

Making bread at home rocks. The smell alone of the bread baking is awesome.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Been wanting to do this for awhile. I hear it is a easy project for kids. How did you do it?

The "Butter Man" refuses to let us know his secrets!

We shall invade him, put sanctions on him, take away his freedom until he tells us how it was made ... And once the secret is out ... We'll get him for treason and get rid of him!

Simples!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I remember when kids were in grade school they had pioneer day, I remember some made butter by puttin it in a glass jar with a lid and they just kept shaking it until it thickened.

here is a recipe you need to pour off at some point.....recipe takes about 10 minutes

Shake your way to fresh butter and buttermilk.
Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

Heavy cream
A Jar with a lid
Preparation:

1. Fill a jar halfway with heavy cream (baby food jars work great for small batches), and screw the lid on tight.

2. Shake the jar up and down until the cream thickens and begins to stick together.

3. Then, open the jar, and pour any remaining liquid into another container; this is the buttermilk. Everything else is butter.

4. Knead the butter under cold running water for several minutes to work out any remaining buttermilk (otherwise the butter will spoil quickly).

5. Knead in salt, if desired.

6. Refrigerate.

so you end up with 2 different products buttermilk and butter......so is cream cheaper than butter or buttermilk? would save money to make our own if it is

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Man does not live by bread alone!!!! He must have butter as well.

edit on 6-6-2012 by windword because: spelling

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It was really, really easy to make. I bought a quart of heavy whipping cream, poured it into a mixing bowl, got my hand-held mixer, and mixed the shizzle out of it for 20 minutes.

Pour off the remaining liquid, which you can save for a short while or throw out. This liquid is buttermilk, of "buttermilk biscuits" fame. Squeeze and squeeze and wash and wash the butter really well until no more buttermilk is left.

The butter should keep for the shelf life listed on the box of cream.

You can salt it or leave it be. Salt it before you store it. I very lightly salted mine.

It has a rich, but lightly buttery taste. Very smooth texture and flavor. Margarine is quite harsh comparatively. They add artificial butter flavor to it. I don't think I'll ever buy butter again!

/TOA

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
so is cream cheaper than butter or buttermilk? would save money to make our own if it is

I don't think it's any cheaper. The quart of cream I bought was just under $3, but it only made about 1 1/2 cups of butter. Still, it tastes...soo...goooooood!

/TOA

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
First milestone most excellent!!
Now you got the bug to create good food, it gets fun from here.

Gratz!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is an awesome project to do with kids. If you have a group of younger ones it's a good project to get them to share and wait their turn. They don't mind passing it off when their arms get tired.
If you're using the shake method, the more air space in your container the quicker it works.
S&F

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
ooh I bet it did! yum yum,

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

So....you created butter...it looks delicious!

Mind sharing your recipe?

This inquiring mind really wants to know.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yum Yum,,,,,,,,,,mix with honey. spread on bread.............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join