It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide and thread warnings.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Recently there was a thread that I guess got a couple of people some warnings issued and pressed a hot button on some.
I place this thread in the rant section so that I could express my true feelings and not be called a troll.
In my opinion, I believe suicide is an excellent thing for logical reasons and am not clouded by emotional kneejerk reactions.
If a person puts off suicide and later on ends up killing a few people in a rage, was that a better thing than just letting said person do away with themselves early on?
If a person touches many peoples lives and then commits suicide, does that not affect them negatively somehow?
Would it not have been better for that person to leave early and not have disturbed those lives?
If a person puts off suicide and end up having offspring, they have passed on their faulty genes to a poor unfortunate child who just may be doomed to the same problems their parents had.
I am also for suicide later on in life when you have "REAL" problems, ones that doctors cannot fix.
Some call it euthanasia,

eu·tha·na·sia (yth-nzh, -zh-)
n.
The act or practice of ending the life of an individual suffering from a terminal illness or an incurable condition, as by lethal injection or the suspension of extraordinary medical treatment.

As I see it, mental problems cannot be "cured" therefore, they are an incurable condition.
So in the hopes that nobody will get a thread warning for hurting someones feelings, this topic is a rant I guess.
What are your feelings on the subject?
Is it logical for a person to be able to "punch out" early if they are faulty equipment?
I say yes, not to be mean but for very practical and logical reasons.

Please, rant on.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You sound like a broken person....

I certainly hope you don't have the chance to egg on someone who may be in need of compassion.

Des

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Would it not have been better for that person to leave early and not have disturbed those lives?

Ask someone who has actually BEEN there, your outlook WILL change...

Tamara Laroux was broken and aimless and thought her only option was to put a gun to her heart. Tamara attempted suicide by shooting herself in the chest. She died and came back to life. She believes she experienced the afterlife between the time she was bleeding out and when she recovered.

I was convinced there was no way to live a completely happy life. If I couldn’t live happy, I didn’t want to live at all.

I believed the only answer for me was to end my life. I began screaming out to God, “God, forgive me.” The gun went off. My lungs began to fill up with blood. I began to go deaf. My eyes were open, and I became blinded. I knew that death was gripping my soul. Then all of a sudden I felt my soul leave my body. I instantly began falling and falling.

At that moment I knew I was no longer in control of my destiny. I ended up in a place that was complete torment. My body was burning. I no longer was lonely. I was no longer depressed. I became depression. I became loneliness. I became a tormented being of fear. I saw all of these other people and everybody was screaming out in pain. The mutual thing that everyone shared there was their desire to scream out to everybody on earth, “Do not come here. Acknowledge that life is about Jesus Christ.”

Eternity is real. Hell is real. Heaven is real. How you live your life will determine where you go. Everybody cried out that their loved ones would hear the truth.

I saw the hand of God literally come down. I knew that He was coming for me. His hand picked me up, and instantaneously I was no longer a being of tormented sin. I now was being cleansed. God took me over the Heavens.Source

edit on 6-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Even by suiciding u still cause harm to the people that care about u either way its a lose situation
edit on 6-6-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Suicide (in my arrogant opinion) should be an innate right to anyone without dependents

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Suicide is wrong no matter how you look at it.
No matter how you spin it.

Kill one to save many....I don't like that idea.
edit on 6-6-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
Even by suiciding u still cause harm to the people that care about u either way its a lose situation

This is SO true and has been proven by several who actually killed themselves...

“Tell her that if she decides to go through with the taking of her life, there are eternal consequences that she will have to deal with for the rest of her eternal life. The PAIN that she will cause her daughter and immediate family members will be severe and permanent!

The pain will be severe...

"I had been working with this girl for about a year. She has an extremely brutal past and I mean that literally. If anyone had a valid reason in their own minds to commit suicide, this girl had it! She looked straight at me and told me that she had made up her mind that she was going to take her own life and that there was nothing I could do or say that was going to stop it!"

"She said that she had it with her life, that there was no more joy in her life, and that she felt she had nothing more to really live for! She did not care if God threw her into hell for doing this. I gave her my “55″ reasons as to why she should not do this, but nothing I said was getting through. I was literally up against a brick wall, and I could not even make one dent in that brick wall. She was that certain with this decision!"

Now here is the Word the Lord gave me to give to her:

“Tell her that if she decides to go through with the taking of her life, here are the eternal consequences that she will have to deal with for the rest of her eternal life.
  1. The pain that she will cause her daughter and immediate family members will be severe and permanent! However, her daughter will hold on to the hope that God will have mercy on her mother and that God will not condemn her to hell for eternity.

2. Her daughter will then go on with the rest of her life hoping that she will once more see and be reunited with her mother once she dies and crosses over into heaven.

3. And here is where the extreme eternal consequence of committing suicide comes in. Murder in any form, including to oneself, is prohibited under God’s laws. It is a stone commandment – thou shall not murder! And that includes killing yourself!

4. When her daughter eventually dies and crosses over into heaven, the first thing she will do is ask God if her mother made it into heaven. If God has to tell her that she did not make it and will have to spend the rest of her eternal life in a place called hell, her daughter will then be forced to carry an eternal pain, an eternal hole in her soul that will never go away – ever! She only has one earthly mother and the thought of never seeing her again will be the one pain that God will have a problem with in trying to soften – even in heaven!

Tell her that if she doesn’t care anything about her own life, not to commit this act due to the eternal consequences involving her own daughter.

Do you want to spend the rest of your eternal life in hell and have to deal with all the pain that is in hell in addition to knowing the pain that your daughter will have while she is in heaven – the pain of being eternally separated from you forever?

Do you want to roll the dice and take your chances that this will not happen – knowing full well that one of the 10 commandments is “thou shall not murder” – including yourself?

Read full article

edit on 6-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
What an empty, negative perspective you have...........

I can assure you, for most individuals who go through with this; its no walk in the park. (not for them, or for those who are left in mourning)
edit on 6-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Sometimes it even becomes like a a chain reaction domino effect

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Suicide (in my arrogant opinion) should be an innate right to anyone without dependents

Here here.

It is and always will be my choice and as I have no dependents it becomes selfish of a society itself, to will it's imposition onto me.

When my time is up, be it through terminal illness or on that cold winter of my heart when the sun no longer shines, what I opt to do is my personal right.

It's ironic how people proclaim it's selfish for someone suffering to wish to end it all, and their answer is to endure. A bit like "Hey if I have to suffer so do you!"

I certainly will not heed the orders of distant people with distant jobs who keep themselves distant so as to judge me or my decisions. Screw them!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
One life touches many. It's a fundamental truth whether it's for good or evil.

Quote from the film "Lady in the Water":

"Man thinks they are each alone in this world. It is not true. You are all connected. One act can one day affect all."

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

My Grandfather at the ripe young age of 87 ate the "lead pill", coated his garage ceiling and wall with his last thoughts.
My Grandma had passed 13 years before of natural causes.
All of my Grandpa's grandkids were grown and had kids or their own.
My Grandpa had beat colon cancer two years earlier at a great cost to his wellbeing and had just found out he had brain cancer.
Inside his house all over the counters and tables were pictures of his family, a sign that he was thinking hard about the subject at hand.
He left a simple note and had no regrets.
He did his job and did it well, he was ready to punch the clock and go home to Grandma.
I am totally fine with mu Grandpa's death, how do you feel?
Was he wrong?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by g146541

You sound like a broken person....

I certainly hope you don't have the chance to egg on someone who may be in need of compassion.

Des

No I am just mostly broken however, I know how to LIVE.
But at the end of my journey should I not have the right to end suffering if it ever got that bad?
Actually I haven't had the chance recently, but I have.
We don't have to talk about that but I feel good about it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541.
Was he wrong?

The REAL question is: what does GOD say about it?

"Angie Fenimore, a wife and mother haunted by abuse in childhood and overwhelmed by despair, was in a desperate state of mind. On January 8, 1991, she committed suicide, hoping to escape her sense of emptiness and suffering. But clinical death didn't draw her to the light seen in so many near-death experiences."

"Then I heard a voice of awesome power, not loud but crashing over me like a booming wave of sound; a voice that encompassed such ferocious anger that with one word it could destroy the universe, and that also encompassed such potent and unwavering love that, like the sun, it could coax life from the earth. I cowered at its force and at its excruciating words:

"Is this what you really want? Don't you know that this is the worst thing you could have done?"

I could feel his anger and frustration, both because I'd thrown in the towel and because I had cut myself off from him and from his guidance.

And I'd felt trapped. I had been able to see no other choice but to die before I could do any more damage in life.

So I answered: "But my life is so hard."

My thoughts were communicated so fast that they weren't even completed before I absorbed his response:

"You think that was hard? It is nothing compared to what awaits you if you take your life."

When the Father spoke, each of his words exploded into a complex of meanings, like fireworks, tiny balls of light that erupted into a billion bits of information, filling me with streams of vivid truth and pure understanding."

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
OP you said "As I see it, mental problems cannot be "cured" therefore, they are an incurable condition."

This is wrong! It is so narrow a view as to be just plain crap.

Our society is unhappy about suicide because it shows a failure of the society.

I firmly believe that suicide is an appropriate option for terminal patients who wish to die with dignity.

In all other cases we should strive to repair the damage that our society has inflicted in the first place!

Interestingly it is the individual that ultimately decides the issue.

P

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by g146541.
Was he wrong?

The REAL question is: what does GOD say about it?

I realize that many will fall back on a book written by a king to manipulate his peasants into killing for his banner.
Religion is a tool to control the weak masses.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
OP you said "As I see it, mental problems cannot be "cured" therefore, they are an incurable condition."

This is wrong! It is so narrow a view as to be just plain crap.

Our society is unhappy about suicide because it shows a failure of the society.

I firmly believe that suicide is an appropriate option for terminal patients who wish to die with dignity.

In all other cases we should strive to repair the damage that our society has inflicted in the first place!

Interestingly it is the individual that ultimately decides the issue.

P

If mental problems can be "CURED", then why does the news always seem to mention when a person flips out and mows down folks in public, "The assailant it seems was off his medications".
Taking pills that make you feel like a zombie for the rest of your life is hardly a "CURE".

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

My Grandfather at the ripe young age of 87 ate the "lead pill", coated his garage ceiling and wall with his last thoughts.
My Grandpa had beat colon cancer two years earlier at a great cost to his wellbeing and had just found out he had brain cancer.
Inside his house all over the counters and tables were pictures of his family, a sign that he was thinking hard about the subject at hand.
He did his job and did it well, he was ready to punch the clock and go home to Grandma.
Was he wrong?

To go 87 years of living just to end it like a coward?
Yeah I think that's wrong.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Religion is a tool to control the weak masses.

Religion IS a mind control tool with a hidden agenda, but it's NOT being used the way you THINK it is...

Organized religion is THE deception

Satan's most effective method of seducing men and women to yield to his control over them is via a religious system. Link

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

"Organized religion is THE deception that keeps us in fear of God and rejecting his grace. Religion keeps you from knowing God and keeps you blind as to what God is really like! Sadly, some confuse religion with Jesus, and walk away from them both, God and religion are separate entities that get intertwined together by man. ALL pagan religions are controlled by Satan! The elite created religion as a tool for control with a hidden agenda that aims to blind and misguide you away from the truth."

"...religion keeps you from knowing God and keeps you blind as to what God is really like! All religious leaders are raised up by Jesus' arch enemy, satan! Link

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda. They maintain the climate of unquestioning, unthinking, ignorance, and their pseudo-morality provides a veil of hypocrisy, behind which the most sickening abuse of children can be hidden."

"Some of the most famous church "leaders" and evangelists on the planet are Illuminati operatives who use religion to manipulate and brain-wash their followers while engaging in Satanic rituals that beggar belief."

"But the mass of unthinking followers in any religion are merely the fodder and the screen behind which the real business goes on." Link

edit on 6-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Was he wrong?

To go 87 years of living just to end it like a coward?
Yeah I think that's wrong.

Then that is your right to be all the "tough guy" you want to be.
I understand why you cast names, it is your only defense.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join