It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visiting a Masonic Lodge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
When you say "business", do you mean as in networking and expanding ones company...

Any type of self promotion in lodge is grounds for being brought up on un-Masonic conduct charges and possible expulsion in my jurisdiction.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
When you say "business", do you mean as in networking and expanding ones company...

Any type of self promotion in lodge is grounds for being brought up on un-Masonic conduct charges and possible expulsion in my jurisdiction.

I thought so. That is what I have heard before.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
As a member of the KCs, I'd imagine that Lodge business is similar - planning various fundraisers to pay the bills, and/or to raise for charity. Also discussing various bureaucratic forms, ledgers and checklists that have to be submitted to regional, state, or supreme HQ so they know how many members we have, and what kind of charitable activity we've been doing.

We also discuss supporting and turning out for activities held in neighboring communities.

The greatest amount of time for discussion usually involves what to serve, and what to charge for plates being sold at our sponsored events.

I'd imagine similar "business" goes on at the Masonic Lodge. No head-counts for enemies assassinated, or anything like that.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

What constitutes self-promotion? Would that involve giving out business cards to members during the before or after social time?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

What constitutes self-promotion? Would that involve giving out business cards to members during the before or after social time?
That would certainly be frowned upon, particularly if such was unsolicited.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi

Yes. We have a bulletin board in the lodge where one can post their card if they want to. Last time I looked there were about 3 or 4 in total.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

The mosaic pavement is an old symbol of the Order. It is met with in the earliest Rituals of the eighteenth century. It is classed among the ornaments of the Lodge in combination with the indented tassel and the blazing star. Its parti-colored stones of black and white have been readily and appropriately interpreted as symbols of the evil and good of human life.

A couple of things bother me about that statement.

First of all, why is EVIL mentioned before GOOD? Isn't the phrase usually: "Good and evil", not "evil and Good"?

Secondly, why is evil being talked about as if it's on the same level as good - as natural, as needed, as necessary, and so on, as if it's an inescapable part of the human nature? I suspect many people have been duped to genuinely believe this. But it's clearly wrong.

Jesus didn't have ANY evil in him whatsoever. He did no evil deeds. Yet, he was a perfect example of a real human being.

What that short statement describes is as far from the message Jesus tried to bring us as possible.

Evil is not natural, and evil in people is not something to be taken as it's supposed to be there, let alone encouraged! We should always aim to be GOOD, never embrace anything evil!

So, so much wrong about this thread and the statement I quoted.. that I can't even begin to describe it. Oh, you people, why are you so ignorant? Why would anyone even want to join a satanic cul.. uh, sorry, a masonic lodge?

What is the REASON to join?

I have never had this explained to me in a logical and satisfactory manner (that didn't contradict the actual fruits (deeds) of masonry..)

I give up - do what you want.. maybe that's the only way you will ever learn.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

It was nothing like most conspiracy theorists on the internet describe it, nothing evil, nothing satanic, more like the complete opposite. Friendly (mostly older) men who made jokes most of the time, a lot "masonic stuff" inside glass cabinets and offcourse a huge amount of interesting books variating from religion, psychology to sailing, gardening and cooking. They even had (a lot of) books about the U S of A, which I didn't touch offcourse...

Oh. If they are not OPENLY satanic, then it MUST be all right, right?

I don't do ad hominems or shaming language usually.. but I must ask you people, who see nothing wrong with masonic lodges - WHERE IS YOUR BRAIN?

There are variations, there is the public image - there are degrees, there is a hierarchy, and only those who are _HIGH_ in the hierarchy, are allowed to know the real truth, and the whole truth. Even those who are pretty high, but not quite at the top, are given still false information and kept in dark about a great many things.

Why are you people so naive that you trust every evil organization on the planet - but so little of faith that you don't trust the good in yourself, the good in others, or the good in the divine? How can you be so naive and so suspicious at the same time, oh you two-legged half-animals of Terra?

You trust the 'system', you trust the government, you trust the masons, you trust the lodges, you trust the movies and celebrities, you trust the mainstream media, tv, everything.. just because on the outside, it all -appears- to be good.

At the same time you suspect those who tell the truth, you deny the truth, you are suspicious of anyone who tells you that it's not your name that's in CAPITALS and written 'last name first' on all your official 'cards'.

You love the lies and the evil, and you deny the truth and despise the good.

This thread makes me lose all hope that there's any sparkle of wisdom or intelligence in the so-called 'humanity' of this planet. It's hopeless.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoujikina
Oh. If they are not OPENLY satanic, then it MUST be all right, right?

I don't do ad hominems or shaming language usually.. but I must ask you people, who see nothing wrong with masonic lodges - WHERE IS YOUR BRAIN?

There are variations, there is the public image - there are degrees, there is a hierarchy, and only those who are _HIGH_ in the hierarchy, are allowed to know the real truth, and the whole truth. Even those who are pretty high, but not quite at the top, are given still false information and kept in dark about a great many things.

How is it that you KNOW all this? If only high level masons know it, the only way for you to KNOW it is for you to be a high level mason. If you are, then prove your affiliation. If not, WTF?

Why are you people so naive that you trust every evil organization on the planet - but so little of faith that you don't trust the good in yourself, the good in others, or the good in the divine? How can you be so naive and so suspicious at the same time, oh you two-legged half-animals of Terra?

Trust in the good but condemn an entire group based on hearsay? naive indeed.

You trust the 'system', you trust the government, you trust the masons, you trust the lodges, you trust the movies and celebrities, you trust the mainstream media, tv, everything.. just because on the outside, it all -appears- to be good.

At the same time you suspect those who tell the truth, you deny the truth, you are suspicious of anyone who tells you that it's not your name that's in CAPITALS and written 'last name first' on all your official 'cards'.

You love the lies and the evil, and you deny the truth and despise the good.

This thread makes me lose all hope that there's any sparkle of wisdom or intelligence in the so-called 'humanity' of this planet. It's hopeless.

With a though process like you have displayed, I'd say your right. Your outlook is hopeless.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

The author who is describing the Mosaic Pavement (representing the material plane) is composed of black and white tiles, he chose to write evil and good to emphasize that black=evil and white=good. In the lecture of the EA degree, it is said that the Mosaic Pavement is checkered with good and evil.

Can you or anyone claim they have not experiences both good and evil, pleasure and pain in our mortal existence?

Look, I don't care if you believe that my Fraternity is not compatible with your brand of Christianity but to libel it as a Satanic organization is patently false.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I wouldn't read too much into the placement of words.

I joined because of my interest in philanthropy and the historical/esoteric studies of the fraternity.

Freemasonry is not openly or secretly Satanic nor is there anything wrong with Masonic Lodges.

If only the "high" are allowed to know the real truth and blah blah blah, then how do you know about any of it?

You have given no information that indicates Freemasonry is evil or anything that you've said.

I don't trust everything...nor does every person here...that is very presumptive.
edit on 19-6-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have a question for all of you.

How many times are we going to beat this horse before we let it die?

Let these folk learn how to use the search funtion.

This repetition feels like Groundhogs Day.

Hey look! I made a word triangle.

Hehehe hahaha ho ho ho

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

There are variations, there is the public image - there are degrees, there is a hierarchy, and only those who are _HIGH_ in the hierarchy, are allowed to know the real truth

Name some names. Dates. Times. Locations.

Bring us to Light.

Unlike some of my brothers, I don't think you are making this up. Unfortunately I think you actually believe it.

I will be the first to admit (as many before me) that there IS an inner and outer Masonry. But all masons know this.

I will also be the first to admit that almost all who are initiated have no idea what lies at the bottom of the rabbit hole.

The SECRET sometimes takes years to find. Many times even a Freemason won't find it. Many times a non-Freemason will.

It is well to emphasize then, at the outset, that Masonry is a sacramental system, possessing, like all sacraments, an outward and visible side consisting of its ceremonial, its doctrine and its symbols which we can see and hear, and an inward, intellectual and spiritual side, which is concealed behind the ceremonial, the doctrine and the symbols, and which is available only to the Mason who has learned to use his spiritual imagination and who can appreciate the reality that lies behind the veil of outward symbol.

Anyone, of course, can understand the simpler meaning of our symbols, especially with the help of the explanatory lectures; but he may still miss the meaning of the scheme as a vital whole.

It is absurd to think that a vast organization like Masonry was ordained merely to teach to grown-up men of the world the symbolical meaning of a few simple builders' tools, or to impress upon us such elementary virtues as temperance and justice:—the children in every village school are taught such things;

or to enforce such simple principles of morals as brotherly love, which every church and every religion teaches; or as relief, which is practised quite as much by non-Masons as by us;

or of truth, which every infant learns upon its mother's knee.

There is surely, too, no need for us to join a secret society to be taught that the volume of the Sacred Law is a fountain of truth and instruction;

- WL Wilmshurst, The Meaning of Masonry

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

It's nice to see you admit to inner and outer masonry. The way I see inner masonry, is that it is a central core where "inner" people from all the other Babylon controlled societies and organizations meet. This is why there can be a clear agenda all across the board from media to government.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I want a few more swings though:

reply to post by emsed1

Have you ever listened to the Digital Freemason podcasts? One of the articles he discusses various "types of Masons". I find your post equally intriguing and I may be missing the point, but I like to call it fake Masons (those who joined for the selfish reasons who will never attain enlightenment) and the real Masons (who keep an open mind). I think like you said, some non-Masons could attain equal enlightenment without ever entering our halls.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I find the putting down of Mason's "as a whole" sad. My dad was a Mason/Shriner ( always loved the circus haha) and even took me to a meeting with him once. I remember finding it incredibly boring and mundane. No threat or NWO talk.

I have no desire to get into the whole illuminati connection, but I think we can all agree that group has a finite amount of members and therefore I think the entire organization shouldn't be punished.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GardenParty
reply to post by emsed1

It's nice to see you admit to inner and outer masonry. The way I see inner masonry, is that it is a central core where "inner" people from all the other Babylon controlled societies and organizations meet. This is why there can be a clear agenda all across the board from media to government.

I think you misunderstand. It's not an organizational thing, it's a spiritual thing. Exoteric (social, charity) versus esoteric (spiritual) thing.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Syntagma

Welcome to ATS and thank you for your contribution. Unfortunately, a lot of people will ignore the testimonials of actual experience with the Fraternity because it doesn't confirm what they already believe to be true.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I think like you said, some non-Masons could attain equal enlightenment without ever entering our halls.

I'm glad you're finally starting to come around to this! Nice to be in agreement on this. I tend to look at it a little differently though. I see everyone as "people" so we are all capable of equal greatness!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I'm 100% certain that is is more a hierarchical thing. The good, every day people like you in masonry have no pull or contact whatsoever with the true power and control structure. In these beyond secret networks, every major facet of human life is discussed and the "plan" is put forth. This is the secret empire where all roads meet.

Proof of it ends up on things like the seal of the United States.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join