It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nth Carolina considers censoring reporting of sea level rises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

When things get tough, lawmakers get creative. Faced with predictions that sea levels in the coastal areas of North Carolina will rise by a meter in the next century, legislators are considering bold action: making those predictions illegal. A bill being circulated in the Tarheel state would force scientists to estimate future sea levels on a linear path based on trends since 1900 — in other words, based on the simple assumption that trends always move in a straight line, no matter what.

OK guys..here's what we'll do about this.....stick our fingers in our ears and it won't happen - sing along with me...la la la it isn't happening ....we can't hear you....la la la

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Of course they would do such a thing.
It's not until the tourist figure out that they're rv is underwater at the beach because the sea level rises.
Just like them saying the gulf of mexico is safe and clean.
response.restoration.noaa.gov...(entry_subtopic_topic)=entry_id,subtopic_id,topic_id&entry_id(entry_subtopic_t opic)=809&subtopic_id(entry_subtopic_topic)=2&topic_id(entry_subtopic_topic)=1

OMG,they have taken that down too!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I'm not surprised...

The property value on the barrier islands (that are barely above water) is insane.

They were trying to buy my grandma's beach front lot, and tear down the house, for 2.5 million..

If the sea levels really rise like that the water will be up to the dunes. In the places that have built up dunes anymore. There won't be beaches in a lot of areas.

Besides as long as I've lived in this state they've always been about denying intelligence at any and every turn. As if them denying it is going to change anything. What century are they living in? Oh wait never mind, they aren't that smart.

edit on 6/5/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

OK guys..here's what we'll do about this.....stick our fingers in our ears and it won't happen - sing along with me...la la la it isn't happening ....we can't hear you....la la la

I had to laugh so hard because before I got to the bottom I was already thinking the same thing. LA LA LA LA LA.
Kinda sad cause I was at the islands earlier this year and they were beautiful. I loved it. One thing we all might consider tho is looking at some stuff just inland itsmight be worth big bucks in a few years'

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Most of the people whos family is from coastal N.C. are descendents of pirates, especially up in Hatteras. Aaaaargh ! We dont care about a meter.........

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by David134

That is why I moved from the southeast coast of America to a big hill in the midwest.
I like being close to water,just not underneath it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
How's that 'sciencey, facty, common sensey, reality' thing working for ya?

The 2010s...the decade of just making stuff up as we go along.

Because facing facts is just too scary.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
OP, a perfect example of the kinds of leadership and insane, money-centric manipulation of scientific truths that are being perpetrated on us by this government. State or no state, the orders and master manipulation are crafted, and allowed from what ever is running this country, and the last thing they care about is us, as a people.
edit on 5-6-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
How retarded are legislators? THIS retarded.

Don't you think that after living on the beach for 20 or 30 years, those old-timers wouldn't figure out that the ocean level were rising?

"Ya know Mabel, we've been here 30 years and I remember the beach bein' all the way yonder. Now it's right up here in the back yard. Am I crazy or whut?"

That's if it were true, which I doubt.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
When you elect people who do not understand or trust science. People who stand on the fact that creationism is somehow a superior notion than evolution. This is exactly what you get.

Without science, ANYTHING is possible.

BTW for all that are always talking free speech -- here is one case that does violate the first amendment.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Of course they would do such a thing.
It's not until the tourist figure out that they're rv is underwater at the beach because the sea level rises.
Just like them saying the gulf of mexico is safe and clean.

NC claimed the GoM is safe and clean and exactly WTF do they know about the GoM may I ask? Not counting the brochures they drool over in February?

join