It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackhole Exploit Kit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Now that i have your attention i wanted to make something clear and in plain site in the off chance some member may avoid being in a unhappy cyber space and be forced to pay with real life money in order to fix his pc.

I come across this old unique gem only two hours ago while surfing some eastern block sites that had .com, .eu, .net, .gr, .de, .it and several others. This mainly comes from sites and can be passed on via a plug and play memory device. aka u.s.b.

So stay sharp and update what ever security you have installed in your pc or mac. For those who an unofficial unit installed then i suggest you might very well be the next victim as the block box has some exceptional features. At this point i would like to add that the following three months might be a cyber nightmare for many people as everything points to an all out cyber ripple effect.
www.avgthreatlabs.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Thanks for the heads up. For those wondering what it can do, it primarily mines your banking data or similar via Trojans. You may also very likely end up in a botnet.

www.webopedia.com...

Be aware.
edit on 5/6/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Thanks cerabral .

Friend of mine got infected 3 times in last week. He had fully updated OS and antiv software too. Third time I was there and got a look at it.

If you see this on your screen DONT CLICK IT!!!

Turn your pc of at the wall. If your on a laptop hold the power switch down. This seems to limit it to two files.
You then need to connect your drive to another pc and delete PAGFILE.SYS and delete the entire internet cach coz theres another file in there too but its name seems random.

All he did was google search then clicked one of the links.

Second pic shows the redirect.
edit on 5-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Over the years i've seen pretty much everything the internet can try and throw at me virus/malware way and the only time i got caught was trusting a work collegue who should of known better but had disabled the AV for some problem solving and got caught and passed it onto me

the main rules are

keep your av upto date
only go onto sites you trust
if someone tells you that you can see someone of fame naked its a virus/scam
if something looks dodgy it probably is so run the f--- away
some stuff will try and stop you from closing it so either taskmanager and nuke the process or just power it off and on again even if it means pulling the cord

and if you need to visit some sort of virus riddled site use a seperate machine and then nuke the HDD to hell and back with stuff like DBAN to ensure nothing will come back and haunt you

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Or you can simply run Linux, and not worry about all the garbage directed towards Windows (tm).

Thanks for the heads-up, though, as there are people who unfortunately don't run Linux.

Linux Mint is my favorite, btw.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I tried ubunto, the only thing I liked about it was the multiple desktop idea. Stil got it installed alongside windows but cant find any reason to use it. I will add however it did install anything connected with internet or networks without the need to find drivers, that did surprise me.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Mint is an Ubuntu fork, and I used to be Ubuntu. Mint is just so....Well, Right. It's what an OS should be.

You won't get me to go off-topic,
raving about the wonders of Mint. I am sorely tempted.

new topics

top topics

join