It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macro-photography reveals almost Human characteristics of the Tiniest Insects:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The peaceful meditations of a bug's life

One ant sits on a pebble, surveying his kingdom. Another perches on the edge of a lake, quietly reflecting a single drop of water bumps the surface. Elsewhere two ants appear to kiss - or are they fighting? Meanwhile a snail slowly slides past on the top of a petal. This is A Bug's Life, mixed with a dash of zen meditation, as photographer Lee Pei Ling's series of photographs - taken in her own garden in Malaysia - bring almost human characteristics to these tiny creatures, each measuring just millimeters in length.

Are they fighting, or kissing? The detailed lives of the creatures are almost invisible to the giant humans wandering around

A long task for the right shot: 'Usually each image will take about four hours to perfect. If I haven't got it by then I tend to give up'

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk... cts.html

I just love this stuff. Documenting our world... around and below us. So much goes on around us every second but we are oblivious to it. These type of articles keep me in check and make me realize how different, but yet alike we all are on this planet.

We discuss on ATS all the time about "who humans are, where did they come from etc", God/Religion, Aliens etc and so forth.... But, each little creature has a whole story to them also-just no one to tell it-except us humans.

It would be interesting that if Reincarnation really is the end all..... and it really begins with the humans-dying, and coming back as a "lesser" being, which in reality is the greater being.

Anyway, be sure to check the main source article to see all of these awesome pics/info.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I don't see any connection to Human characteristics here..pictures are great but title is silly..

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

the need for water and interaction with other beings, just a thought

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

astonishing and gorgeous...

I had to go find more:
500px.com...

(I see the human characteristics too)

:-)

thanks for this anon72 - gave me a lift

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1825114

That's awesome.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
There are two ways to look at an animal. You can look at it as though you are superior to it. Or you can look at its spirit and realize that it believes it isn't inferior. The latter is the way of compassion. It is to see that existence is defined on one's own relative terms. It is the path to freedom.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1825114

I do so love jumping spiders. They are quite intelligent and really fun to watch. in addition, they are really kind of cute.

new topics

top topics

join