It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eco Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm hearing more and more talk about this "Eco Police". I hear its starting to get serious over in Australia, shower time limits, or soon to be..

My question is, what do you people know about this topic? Who Governs this "Eco Police" or is it a branch of the UN?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
While I lived near Seattle Washington, I witnessed "Eco Police" Behavior. If you placed recyclable material into the waste bin you could be fined by the city for doing so.

The waste disposal company that ran the area, provided plastic bins to place all the recyslable material into, bottles, can, newsprint, cardboard. If you placed any of the items there where recycle bins for into the normal refuse you would get a (US)$50.00 ticket from the city. The first time was a warning only, but after that...you where getting a fine.

I liked the idea personal, it holds people accountable for their waste, and also make people more aware of the waste they produce. In fact I really liked the whole Seattle Washington area, because they focused on a clean environment and keeping people knowledgeable about waste issues.
edit on 5-6-2012 by mileysubet because: To add a "

edit on 5-6-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I’m an Aussie, I have not heard anything about this???

Do you have some sources to back up this Eco Police statement?

No doubt the cops will be used to monitor the carbon tax cheats and they will be expected to prosecute a new range of climate offenses including, under reporting of carbon emissions by firms and bogus carbon offset schemes, but I really don’t think they will be monitoring people’s shower durations (my wife would be arrested immediately)

Our government has indeed placed a tax on human carbon emissions believing that it will change or delay the natural earth changes and cycles we will experience in the future..... so it would not surprise me if they started arresting people for excessive flatulence or overcooking the snags on the BBQ.

Mickierocksman
edit on 5/6/2012 by Mickierocksman because: Because I really really wanted to.......

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
I’m an Aussie, I have not heard anything about this???

Do you have some sources to back up this Eco Police statement?

So the Shower thing was a false truth in a documentary.. However the big uproar was about the carbon tax, so forgive me for not being 100% on this.

Originally posted by mileysubet
While I lived near Seattle Washington, I witnessed "Eco Police" Behavior. If you placed recyclable material into the waste bin you could be fined by the city for doing so.

The waste disposal company that ran the area, provided plastic bins to place all the recyslable material into, bottles, can, newsprint, cardboard. If you placed any of the items there where recycle bins for into the normal refuse you would get a (US)$50.00 ticket from the city. The first time was a warning only, but after that...you where getting a fine.

I liked the idea personal, it holds people accountable for their waste, and also make people more aware of the waste they produce. In fact I really liked the whole Seattle Washington area, because they focused on a clean environment and keeping people knowledgeable about waste issues.
edit on 5-6-2012 by mileysubet because: To add a "

edit on 5-6-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

I live close to that location, and I have heard of cities that also exercise there right to do this as well. My question is.. Is this just something the Ausi Gov is doing, or is there a group actually Policing the Eco issues..

Doing a little research I can find lots of Cities in the US implementing some sort of "Eco Police Squad" as seen here in NY.

www.dec.ny.gov...

I don't usually get into the info wars thing, but this was quite interesting on the topic at hand here..

"Green Police? DHS Launches ‘Environmental Justice’ Units"
www.infowars.com...

edit on 06/05/12 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I too are here under the Southern Cross, I have been waiting for this.I have observed these abroad in the U.S and in the U.K.Seen eco type police issuing tickets on restaurant kitchens for emissions.Random traffic stops testing vehicles emissions.Believe me it will not belong before they reduce the limits so low that only the newest of cars will past the standards.Thus you will be forced to buy new cars if you want to travel, thus more tax generated on car sales.In the mean time they will just penalize you and raise more revenue.Bright future ahead.

Buy the way, huge E.P.A legistlation changes in the comming months.Many department being merged under a single banner.This is Frankestien's monster .
edit on 5-6-2012 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
I too are here under the Southern Cross, I have been waiting for this.I have observed these abroad in the U.S and in the U.K.Seen eco type police issuing tickets on restaurant kitchens for emissions.Random traffic stops testing vehicles emissions.Believe me it will not belong before they reduce the limits so low that only the newest of cars will past the standards.Thus you will be forced to buy new cars if you want to travel, thus more tax generated on car sales.In the mean time they will just penalize you and raise more revenue.Bright future ahead.

Funny thing you mentioned about the emissions issue, while I lived in Hawaii, I was out to buy a new car and noticed a "Gas Guzzler" tax on the new cars if they did not meet Hawaii's standard for MPG (miles per gallon) standard. The average tax I saw that was placed on those cars deemed to be gas guzzlers was (US)$700.00.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Funny thing you mentioned about the emissions issue, while I lived in Hawaii, I was out to buy a new car and noticed a "Gas Guzzler" tax on the new cars if they did not meet Hawaii's standard for MPG (miles per gallon) standard. The average tax I saw that was placed on those cars deemed to be gas guzzlers was (US)$700.00.

WOW, that sounds so crazy to me! and I live in the states!

I am of a Scientific mindset. I also agree with this.. TO A POINT.. I fear giving a little power will only lead in a more "power hungry" group, or just another way to "control the people". Again, I'm for this, but I'm for my Constitutional Rights more!

top topics

join