It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

coffee anyone?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Why did doctors try to tell people to stay away from caffeinated coffee? Were they trying to boost their business. Coffee contains many good chemicals and only a few bad. I guess that they weren't looking for the good, only the bad before. On top of being preventive medicine for Alzheimer disease as the link I am providing says, it contains Caffeic acid which neutralizes many aflotoxins created by microbes and is a powerful antioxidant. It does have a little organic fluoride to calm you too, so don't eat salty food at the same time or heartburn may occur. It goes good with cinnamon toast or cardamon bread. Here's a link, I have read hundreds of links with studies of the chemistry in coffee and know that this is true for many people. I think we need coffee because our ancestors drank it and if we don't continue on we will suffer consequences. Either that or they noticed that dementia didn't occur if they drank coffee. It's not only the caffeine, it's everything put together by nature in coffee that helps us. Man can't do that. Plus it tastes good.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Some people seem to become addicted to it.
I have to wonder why.
I have 1 cup in the morning and on cold days I sometimes have 1 in the afternoon
I have been doing this for 40 years. If I run out, then I simply don't have it.
When I worked in an office I would have 2 to 3 cups during the day. Still no problem.
I don't have the alleged withdrawal problems reported by some people.
So I have to say that it is Not an addicting substance.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Didn't start drinking coffee until I turned 23, and my new hubbie couldn't live without it. That is the one thing I will not, NOT give up on, nor will I stint on its cost. I don't drink, smoke, or do anything else, so I figure that I can have one treat that just happens to wake me up and keep me from killing people in the mornings isn't so bad. I'm glad it has so many good things as well... scientists are finding new things all the time.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
To answer your title-
'Yes please, two spoons of sugar and milk please, mate.'

But I think it is one of those 'It is good but it aint good'
Bit like toothpaste.

Funny how we are supposed to eat healthy with 5 a day plan. Yet if we have too many oranges we may damage our teeth. But on the other hand flouride is not helping us either...

This world.
Everyone is killing themself to gain from one and another.
Then when all die. How will they benefit? Sell themselfs off??

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I was told that 7 cups of coffee a day helps the prostate.
-----------------------
Also: You know how doctors tell us that we need to drink 64 ounces of water everyday? Yeah, that's wrong. The researchers that came up with that amount also included the water absorbed from food. Don't remember where I read it online, but it's out there.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Will someone please tell me why apples are good for you, but if you put em in an apple pie they suddenly become bad for you? I know some will say that it's not the apples, it's the sugar and the fat in the crust. But why does this take away the nutritional value of the apples in the pie????

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yes, I heard that before, so the total daily intake of water you should have would include all water absorbed from the foods you eat.

However, on that note, coffee is a diuretic, so it will actually cause fluid loss.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Who says apple pie is bad for you. When you cook apples you stop the cross reactivity of the Apple-Birch pollen allergy. Cooking them in pie retains the mallaic acid which is good for you in moderation and with cinnamon added it boosts metabolism. I study the good in food they say is bad. Too much sugar in apple pie isn't good and the wrong type of fat in the crust is bad. There is nothing better than apple pie with a cup of coffee.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That eight glasses of water full of fluoride antidepressant would make you tranquil
I think people who say to drink that much water a day like to take pea breaks at work. Motive is a driver.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I started drinking coffee daily as an OTR trucker twenty years ago. I probably drink 4 or 5 cups a day now.

Sometimes I forget and don't drink any, and within a few hours of being awake I will start to feel a slight
headache. Which is easily fixed with a cup of coffee....I guess I'm an addict.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

I get those headaches sometimes also, tells me when to get another cup. After the coffee break things go better again. If you're goina be an addict it's good to be a coffee addict.
edit on 4-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I was told that 7 cups of coffee a day helps the prostate.
-----------------------
Also: You know how doctors tell us that we need to drink 64 ounces of water everyday? Yeah, that's wrong. The researchers that came up with that amount also included the water absorbed from food. Don't remember where I read it online, but it's out there.

I drink about a gallon or more of liquid a day. Even the coffee I consume from the above post is watered
down by about fifty-fifty (plus it also keeps people in my family from asking for a drink of my drink
).

Anyway I've been over hydrating for the last 35 years. Last doctor visit was in 87. I've never
experienced a cold or flu or fever in that time...I don't know if it has anything to do with my liquid
intake, but I'm certainly not going to stop to find out

Also, for many years, I would drink two quarts of diluted tea at night...during my sleep cycle when I
would wake up I would roll over and drink an entire quart, then back to sleep. If I didn't finish it all
during the night I would down it when I woke up.

I used to do lavages (from the top down) about once every two or three years: Stop eating for
about two days, then drink a gallon and a quart of lukewarm tea in ten minutes....

after you return from the bathroom....

You feel great, your eyes will be clear, your colon will be spotless.

....all you'll be all washed out and ready for another greasy hamburger with fires.

Back on topic I heard that coffee enemas are good for some cancer patients....though I consider
that particular orifice an exit-only entity

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Did not drink coffee until about age 40. Have one or two or three quarter cups a day now.

Only drink it if it is good. Some coffee is not that good. I think the best is the freshly roasted, freshly ground kind. We have a grinder at work right beside the coffee machine.

If the coffee gets low I get all dramatic and scream out how I CAN"T WORK UNDER THESE CONDITIONS!!

You guys are making me hungry for apple pie.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Back on topic I heard that coffee enemas are good for some cancer patients....though I consider
that particular orifice an exit-only entity

Is that with cream n' sugar?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I am not sure it is addictive itself...but i think the habit of the action of drinking coffee is addictive....I drink 15-20 cups a day...i have done this for over 30yrs....I have drank maybe 10 to 20 glasses of water in my life....I think water itself is horrible and i will not drink it.
i have very little illness...and i seem to be quite healthy for a 50yr old so if there is a researcher who wants to check out the negative effects of coffee on me i would be a good sample.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Never really liked coffee until recently. I now start my day with a black filtered coffee and it's great way to start the day and helps me keep regular bowel movements.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Why did doctors try to tell people to stay away from caffeinated coffee? Were they trying to boost their business. Coffee contains many good chemicals and only a few bad. I guess that they weren't looking for the good, only the bad before. On top of being preventive medicine for Alzheimer disease as the link I am providing says, it contains Caffeic acid which neutralizes many aflotoxins created by microbes and is a powerful antioxidant. It does have a little organic fluoride to calm you too, so don't eat salty food at the same time or heartburn may occur. It goes good with cinnamon toast or cardamon bread. Here's a link, I have read hundreds of links with studies of the chemistry in coffee and know that this is true for many people. I think we need coffee because our ancestors drank it and if we don't continue on we will suffer consequences. Either that or they noticed that dementia didn't occur if they drank coffee. It's not only the caffeine, it's everything put together by nature in coffee that helps us. Man can't do that. Plus it tastes good.

www.sciencedaily.com...

I would like to suggest we replace the word 'coffee' with 'marijuana'. I think the same would still hold true with minor differences.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

15-20 cups a day with very little illness? How is anyone going to use you to test negative effects?
I suppose someone will say you are really sick but you don't know it or show symptoms. You are threatening evidence against the medical industry and should be discouraged from continuing your healthy ways. I drink five to six cups a day made about half the strength of the directions that is on the can. Why would a person want to drink water when there's antioxidant rich coffee for about five cents a cup? Coffee also contains some licopene I guess. Sure doesn't taste like wine so the taste of wine is not because of licopene.

Dandelion roots and burdock roots that are roasted taste like coffee because the caffeic acid is in them also. There is no caffeine in those that I know of though. They neutralize many aflotoxins too. So if the SHTF there is coffee without a kick to it out there, something that is important to know.

The taste of onions is Theo-sulfate and even artificial onion powders can neutralize cyanide. Some cyanides are good for us but others are bad. Heredity plays a role in our ability to take apart cyanide and we shouldn't like the ones we shouldn't eat. Improperly absorbed ones make you thirsty.

Living a life without sickness is about understanding subconsciously what foods we can eat and their antidotes. Craving something is our bodies reaction to improper digestion, vitamin or mineral deficiency, or toxin buildup. I'm studying the reason we get cravings but the information available is limited and sometimes misconstrued.
edit on 5-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

S&F to you for the words of wisdom.
I do a couple of pots a day in the slow times, straight black.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Never had coffee in my life. Don't like tea either.

I'm one of those freaks who only likes cold drinks. And to a poster above, how can you dislike water?! What's better than waking up and quencing your thirst with a nice cold glass of crisp water?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join