It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Answer Canada / S America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
OK i have a few questions and i may be wrong so if i am PLEASE correct me!!! Ok, You never see anything on the main stream news about terrorism in Canada or in South America. Can someone tell me how Cananda and ALL of South America has stayed out of the war. Can someone tell me how they seemed to remain nuetral??

[edit on 3-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
We (Canada) don't have an imposing foreign policy. We generally tend
to mind our own business and usually ride the coattails of the U.S.
That said, we have our own set of problems and by no means are we
devoid of any 'potential' issues as you've pointed out. South America
I don't know but probably the same reasoning applies. The U.S. has a
big job to act as the world referee and ultimately pays the price for
those who see differently. It's been said many times that the Islamic
extremists do not like the western lifestyle and its values. If that
thinking applies why are so many other western nations or regions that
live the western lifestlye able to avoid the brutal hand of terrorism.
The U.S. leads the world in so many areas so a hit on the U.S. might make
her allies think twice.

brill

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
South America may not get attacked by Islamic terrorist but they have their own form of terror. It is a terror waged by Drug Cartels they have so much power in South America its scary. Pablo Escobar was a great example of this he at one time wanted to kill a single man, so he blew up a entire passenger plane to kill one man, he killed well over a hundred people. I would say that is Terror. Many people in South American goverments have been assasinated by these same people.

Some S. American countries also have ties to Islamic terrorist. Though I think their power is curbed by the powerful drug cartels, I dont think even Islamic terrorist want to mess with them.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thank You for your reply's. That question just kind of bothered me. Also do you think if you took a years pay here in america and moved to s america you could live rich? LOL... thats been buggin me too

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Can't tell you about South America, but I can tell you that my annual salary in Canada - pretty average for a 33-year-old guy - very often corresponds to a lifetime of income in the African countries I've been to (Senegal, Benin and Mali).

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by raas32
Thank You for your reply's. That question just kind of bothered me. Also do you think if you took a years pay here in america and moved to s america you could live rich? LOL... thats been buggin me too

It would really depend on how much you make in a year, and also were you want to live and at what standard. Like somwhere in Brazil on the beach would cost way more then living in say Peru. If you stayed away from tourist areas your money could go a long way.

As long as you werent kidnapped of course, which tends to happen to people that stray far from tourist areas. You most likely wont get your head cut off like in the middle east but would would have to pay a nice ransom.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Is Afghanistan still considered the "War On Terror"? Canada has soliders there.

top topics

join