It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are you going to fuel your luxury 4x4 during the apocalypse?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Even if you got the fuel and lived in a city, your car may likely be useless anyway with the congested traffic. This is what I would be doing. Investing in a few horses (enough for my family) and learning how to ride for free and without the worry of running out of petrol. Even if it was hard still, I'm sure instinct would kick in and trampling everyone on your way out would be fine in that type of situation

4x4 and crass verges on highways are a good combo. When you get to the city outskirts, you unload your BMW G450 dirt bike with noise suppression muffler for recon and scavenging.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

I have a huge, but diesel powered F350 duallie pickup truck, with an auxiliary fuel tank. Fully fueled, I can drive for a month without gassing up (and I commute two hours a day, hour there, hour back).

As diesel, it can convert to bio-diesel fairly easily, if the need should arrive.

I also believe in having diesel generators. The tractor is diesel also. My other truck and the riding mower though, are both on regular gas, but those may just not get used if everything went to crap.

<< 1   >>

join