It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Vet Arrested for Protesting, Libs Cheer as Cop Abuses Him-VIDEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

A marine veteran was arrested for protesting at a pro-union rally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

In the video, you can see a cop starts to manhandle the protester "for his own good" because the cop seemed to feel the man was going to "get his ass kicked" by the rowdy crowd.

I guess the cop figured why wait for someone else to accost him, so he took matters into his own hands and accosted him himself.

Eventually, after dragging the man a few feet arbitrarily in one direction, the cop lets him go.

The man then has the audacity to state he has a right to protest, and he dares to tell the cop he has no right to lay his hands on him.

Note, this whole time he is pointing his finger at the cop somewhat aggressively.

The cop didn't appreciate being told what he can or cannot do, so he came back and manhandled him again just to show him who's boss.

"You don't put your hand out away from my face or you're going to get out of here," the cop states eloquently.

The cop then decided to use the man's gesturing as a pretext to detain him again.

source

Seems this guy was being peaceful.. And granted ballsy too! Looks like he was the only one there for his side, everyone else around was against him. The cop detains him and it honestly looks like he was removing him so that his voice couldn't be heard. Even if he did it under the pre-text of maybe saving him from getting his 'ass-kicked', the man still did not want to leave, he wanted his voice to be heard and yet they still removed him!

Thoughts?!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Peacefully? First of all we can't come to conclusions as to what happened from a 3 minute video. We don't know what the guy was doing but in the beginning it shows him talking back to the crowd and the situation would have clearly escalated without the cops intervention.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

those protesters are dumb as rocks. Cheering the fall of America. Don't they know they're next?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What the fawk is going on over there? This seems so fake and unbelievable. It would be nice to see what happened before the clip.
Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
While it angers me that another blowhard cop gets aggressive with and arrests another law abiding citizen for seemingly no reason, it was probably for the best that he was removed from the premises. The others sounded like brain-eating zombies. He may have been eaten.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Whats up with that one guy that said You are intimidating me with that camera?

So what, you are in public.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Too bad these people do not understand that Democrats and Republicans belong to the same club and it does not include average Americans like you and I or this Marine. A vote for Democrats or Republicans is a vote for tyranny and fascism. Stop being ignorant fools and choose your destiny instead of throwing it away.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Man Arrested at Rally

Milwaukee Police cited a protester at a rally at which former President Bill Clinton appeared this morning at Pere Marquette Park.

David B. Willoughby, 39, of West Allis, was issued a municipal citation for disorderly conduct when he refused to comply with Milwaukee Police orders to step back from his location where he was waving a large wooden pole with a sign mounted on it. Given his proximity to Mayor Tom Barrett and other dignitaries, officers believed he posed a threat with the large sign and was asked to move back. He was told he was allowed to protest, and the officer understood his right to protest, but he needed to move from the line where the Mayor and other dignitaries were standing. He failed to comply. He was arrested, issued a citation and was released.

Before the incident, one of the rally organizers approached the police officer asking that Willoughby be removed as he said the protester was an unwelcome guest. The officer informed the organizer that Pere Marquette is a public park and that Willoughby had the right to be present there. Additionally, the same officer ordered a man who was shouting at Willoughby before the arrest in an extremely agitated fashion, to calm down and to walk away. The man did.

Pro-Walker Marine veteran arrested at Clinton rally in Wisconsin

Before the arrest -

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

This man seems very articulate and well spoken, even when he gets a sign put in his face, hes peaceful. My bet is, they didnt want him making the union guys look bad and they didnt want his opinion heard. Just because hes carrying a big sign, doesnt make him potentially violent, does it!? His removal, imo, was to remove his voice from the crowd.

Thank you for posting that!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yes you have right to wear KKK hoods at a racial rights rally. No wait... you don't. There's difference between protesting and trying to get yourself mugged for a photo-op and a hefty law suit.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The guy is blaming unions for corporations moving jobs overseas.

I applaud him for sticking up for his right to protest regardless of the unpopularity of his position, that's admirable. I do wonder if this may have been set up with the camera man to make a spectacle of himself and become a youtube martyr for anti-union politics.

Unions are the last line of defense against absolute wage slavery and have done more to promote worker's rights and benefits than anyone else.
Unions have their problems and excesses, that's a given. Yet they were the only organization large enough to help determine what party platforms would be and to stop government excess. It boils down to would you rather put up with the problems of unions or of government run amok?

Now that they are shadows of their former selves both parties kowtow to corporate interests knowing full well there is nothing left to challenge their power.

Strike movements created the middle class in America, the demise of unions spells the same for the middle class.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
maybe the marine is right:

Stern claims that the bigger threat comes from global Wal-Mart-like players from France and Britain. Companies such as food-service giant Sodexho are largely unionized in France, but in the United States and Canada, where the company has more than 100,000 workers, they have fought union organizing efforts. So Stern went airborne and launched the idea of a global union alliance that would force the company to respect the same workforce standards here as in France. Sodexho, Stern reasons, would be less able to pound down wages here if it faced picket lines in Paris. The tactic has worked. Sodexho has come to the bargaining table.

www.hrotoday.com...

see that?
a globalist UNION
talk about your back door moves....

if mob controlled unions could get kennedy selected back in the day...its doubtfull they aren't still mob controlled.
and the nobs are global

edit on 4-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

eta

He recently went to Beijing, China for talks with union leaders there, and talks openly about going to India on an information gathering tour to address companies that are outsourcing work there. But unlike his AFL-CIO counterparts, Stern is not waving a flag of protectionism. His message is about standards. Im no Marxist, he says. Im a Farrellista big fan of McKinsey economist Diana Farrells globalization theories.

from the above link also

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Welcome the freedom fighters... the cops push.. they push back...

TPTB are doing the same thing in the US that they are doing in the middle east. Creating the people they want to fight.

I don't think that it will be long until the public unrest is so massive that NDAA will be used daily.

Cop says
"your intimidating me with that camera"
"your intimidating me by not following my instruction"
"your intimidating me by thinking freely"
"your intimidating me"

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
you forgot one:
you are intimidating me with your paychecks

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Unions helped start the mess. Granted they are the line of defense against slave wark and wages ,but they are partially responsible for many of the manufacturing jobs being moved overseas for cheap labor.The unions had become infested with a lot of lazy people who demanded the highest wages and produced less. Example that I had to deal with: I had a job to do at a site at 7am. I could not run some cable I needed because I had to use union guys (regulations!). They show up at 9am. then stood around for 1 hr deciding how to run 3 cables 30 feet. after that hour of discussion they take a 30 min. break! come back and run the cable 10 feet,then stand around and talk for 45 minutes and take lunch...for 2 hours! then etc.etc. I had complete the job in 3 days. then catch a flight back home. In the end on the 3rd day 3 hours before my flight...I ended up running the cable myself when they went on break.

These guys claimed they were going to report me...I said report away and go you no what to them.
Then I was sent to ground zero the day after 9/11 happened. I had my crew of guys with me walking in and we were surrounded by union guys telling us we were no welcome, that this was a union job! I picked up the phone a called someone who I cannot say due to security reasons and handed him the phone. When he heard who I was calling they dispersed immediately. Unions had their time and place, but now they cause more harm than good in my honest opinion.

edit on 6/4/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't see a reason unless it's been edited out for that man to have been arrested and it makes me furious for anyone to call for another persons arrest just for protesting. We have got to stand together and protect each other from this non sense not encourage it because it's not "our guy". If you want that freedom than you have to be willing to protect it for another person even if you despise them with every fiber of your being.

Using it as Lib vs Con tinder is just as disgusting as that man being arrested. When a person is arrested for exercising a Right everything else should go out the window and you/we step up and shout no.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Pre-arrest he was actually having discussions and conversations with people within the crowd. Also, yes he was using his "inside voice", and not yelling. Yea, it's kinda obvious he's being a firebrand and standing up to a crowd by himself, mostly causing a bit of a scene.. and I don't care what his opinions are, nor the opinions of the crowd.

That should -not- have happened the way it did, period. I think in the beginning the cop was trying to tell him he was, "going to get his ass kicked" (by the crowd?) and in turn, someone was denied their right to free speech and protest, because the blowhards in the crowd wanted it so.

Children of Tolerance.
edit on 4-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Yeah im not entirely buying into the reason for his arrest. He was holding a large sign and was to close to the dignitaries?

It sounds to me like he was arrested and cited solely to protect him from the crowd, you did not seem overly friendly towards him. I understand the need to be vigilant to protect people but arresting them to remove them from the "danger", imo, should never have occured.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Nspekta

Yeah im not entirely buying into the reason for his arrest. He was holding a large sign and was to close to the dignitaries?

It sounds to me like he was arrested and cited solely to protect him from the crowd, you did not seem overly friendly towards him. I understand the need to be vigilant to protect people but arresting them to remove them from the "danger", imo, should never have occured.

Agreed!
They oppressed his voice under the guise of 'protecting' him from the crowd. Granted, there may have been an escalation of verbal dabates and such, and potentially there could have been some pushing and shoving, or worse BUT we can't say that WOULD have happened for sure. You're right, they used a bs excuse to remove him from the situation and take away his right to protest and free speech. Also, the cops is there not only to protect everyone but to protect their rights as individuals. By removing him, he failed his job and its just another example of rights being taken away due to 'security'

thx for the reply

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Gosh I sure see a lot of familiar faces in this thread crying about this man's rights that have very not so nice things to say about the occupy crowd and their rights.
Hypocrisy thy name is ATS.

new topics

top topics

join