It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawson just died again.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
markwiberg.com...

answers.yahoo.com...

There's a couple more people who thought Richard Dawson died years ago- never knew the man, was in kindergarden the first time he died, but nevertheless I'm interested in this topic.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
markwiberg.com...

answers.yahoo.com...

There's a couple more people who thought Richard Dawson died years ago- never knew the man, was in kindergarden the first time he died, but nevertheless I'm interested in this topic.

That's because another host of "Family Feud" (Ray Combs) had killed himself, and people confused that host of of the show with Dawson.

As I posted before, I remember my mother in law one day yeas ago telling me that Richard Dawson had died. I believed her, but when I read the newspaper the next day, I saw that she was confused. The newspaper had a story about Ray Combs killing himself.

I think there were a lot of people who -- just like my mother in law -- heard that "the host of Family Feud dies" and immediately (and wrongly) assumed it was Richard Dawson, because he was the most widely known host of Family Feud -- although it was actually the guy who came after Dawson.

To add to the confusion, Dawson was again the host of Family Feud when Ray Combs died. Combs took over from Dawson, but Dawson took over for Combs for a second stint as family Feud host after Combs had health problems.

So there is a good reason people were confused, but the fact that the confusion is common does not make their confused memory any more "real".
edit on 7/17/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Just to throw in a different take on this. These are celebrities we are talking about, during careers and such they pop up in the media a lot. So, for example with Mr. Dawson here, during his prime and hosting career he was heard about a lot. His name would surely pop up quite a lot and was talked about a lot, however, when ending his career he pretty much dropped off the map for good. So, I think that adds to the confusion for him, because you hear nothing about anyone really for a decade and it is just kind of instinct to think they are dead.

It seems to me most of these people who died twice supposedly, are only highly popular celebs or at least were at one point in time. Highly reported and talked about and once it all comes to an end, it just seems like they died because no one reports on them anymore. I personally think if there was someone of lower celebrity status than there might be a slim chance there could be something to it. It just seems hard to base any kind of theory on it from a bunch of mostly fuzzy memories. That is just my take on it and just wanted to throw my little theory out there on it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I thought he died of lung cancer about 10 - 15 years ago. Ah he's a Hollywood guy. They die a lot more times than us mere mortals. Get married and divorced more too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join