It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawson just died again.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

How did he die?
Where was his funeral?
Who was he survived by?
The first time, not this time.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Autumnal

What the hell is this newfangled contraption they call Google?

Where do I get batteries for my Google if I buy one?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Oh wow, I never knew that the orig Family Feud host was still living until he died to today...

I mostly grew up watching Ray Combs on the Family Feud and never knew he died of suicide in the 90's...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Either we're having a collective hallucination or there is something very weird going on. I also could have SWORN I read that he died about ten years ago. Of course, I also was convinced that I'd seen news that Lou Reed was dead about five years before he really did die, so maybe it's just me.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

What the hell is this newfangled contraption they call Google?

Where do I get batteries for my Google if I buy one?

Um.....what?
Not sure what your post is supposed to mean.
I never mentioned google and if you think it needs batteries I cannot help you.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
No, this is the first time Richard Dawson has died.

And Abe Vigoda is still alive as well.

But, I seem to recall that this is the second "Richard Dawson has just died again" thread. There was another one about ten years ago on my timeline. Then, as now, the thread was wrong but something very weird is definitely going on here.

edit on 5-6-2012 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Apparently my wife is nuts too because I just told her Richard Dawson died, and her response was

"Didn't he die like 10 years ago? Then that Ray Combs guy replaced him."

When Ray Combs died (suicide caused by depression), people heard "Family Feud Host Dies" and many mistakenly assumed it was Dawson. I remember that my mother-in-law was one of the people who made that mistake. She told me she heard that Richard Dawson died, but when I checked the newspaper, I found out that it was actually Combs who had died.

THAT was the genesis of the rumor of Richard Dawson's "first" death, and that's why so many people think Dawson was already dead.

A similar situation happened with Abe Vigoda. People magazine once erroneously reported his death. They later recanted the error, but it was too late, and many people thought (and still mistakenly think) he had died.

edit on 6/5/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
According to my time line Richard Dawson has only died once. I had read a few months back that he was suffering from esophogeal cancer.

Originally posted by seaside sky
reply to post by Signals

Either we're having a collective hallucination or there is something very weird going on. I also could have SWORN I read that he died about ten years ago. Of course, I also was convinced that I'd seen news that Lou Reed was dead about five years before he really did die, so maybe it's just me.

Actually Lou Reed is quite alive, around 70 yrs old now. He just did a collaboration with Metallica last Nov. And has been doing some recording since then.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
According to my time line Richard Dawson has only died once. I had read a few months back that he was suffering from esophogeal cancer.

yes. As I said above, I remember 15 years ago when everyone THOUGHT Richard Dawson had died, but it was only a false rumor caused by the death of Ray Combs (the guy who hosted family Feud after Dawson's first stint on the show). The confusion arose over the news that a former host of Family Feud had died. That former host was Combs, but some people mistakenly thought it was Dawson.

Originally posted by bg_socalif

Originally posted by seaside sky
reply to post by Signals

Actually Lou Reed is quite alive, around 70 yrs old now. He just did a collaboration with Metallica last Nov. And has been doing some recording since then.

I think people sometimes get Levon Helms and Lou Reed mixed up (although I'm not sure why). Lou Reed is alive, and Levon Helms just died a few weeks ago.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I agree it is mass confusion,unless Micheal Jackson die again,I'll take your word for it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A little off topic but I just heard moments ago that Ray Bradbury died. I swear I thought he died a couple of years ago. I even recall some on-going feud of sorts between him and William Shatner from way back when during the Star Trek original episodes and differences of creative input on the series.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Wierd that you said that.
I heard that he died the other day and my first reaction was......"AGAIN"?!?!?!

I know the dude who took his place on that game show died/killed himself several years back and I am not confusing the two.

The first thing I thought was,"I thought he already died some time ago".
I was sure of it.
But hey, what are ya gonna do?
Try to convince everyone else?
I like my freedom too much.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
A little off topic but I just heard moments ago that Ray Bradbury died. I swear I thought he died a couple of years ago. I even recall some on-going feud of sorts between him and William Shatner from way back when during the Star Trek original episodes and differences of creative input on the series.

That was Gene Roddenberry, not Ray Bradbury. Roddenberry was the creator of star trek, and died in 1991.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

LOL the title is funny.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I also thought he was dead. When I heard the news, I literally said I thought he died years ago. I can even remember a Family Feud retrospective on E! or some other channel years ago, where it talked about the hosts (the one that killed himself and Dawson were talked about posthumously).

This happens all the time (with celebrity deaths and some thinking that they were dead already and others looking at them like they are nuts)... There has to be something more to this. It's a weird phenomena. It also happens with some celebrities I think are living, but then find out are dead which is even more unnerving (since I love film). I'm 32, and off sound mind with a pretty good memory... So it's just a weird thing.

I have other examples of this happening in my life (with other things), but I tend to think something else is at play here. I just don't bring it up because people are quick to bash and call names, without considering the odd possibility that different realities merge together. I mean there's technically 7 billion people on earth, with 7 billion different viewpoints, so it's a possibility.

The point is it's a phenomena that happens (many threads on here even have other occurrences).

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

Originally posted by maybee

That was Gene Roddenberry, not Ray Bradbury. Roddenberry was the creator of star trek, and died in 1991.

Oops. Thanks.

I knew it was one of those Sci-Fi guys.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I offer no proof but your memory.

I'm sure this guy died already, and we have exposed a glitch in the "matrix" for lack of a better term. Maybe a slight change in the program (?)

To make things more puzzling, his second "death" shares the same date as...guess who?

click

Thoughts?

also check this out - voices.yahoo.com...
edit on 3-6-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

Hey Sig,

Been a while bro!

yeah. Dawson has been dead for a good while. I'm a huge "Hogans Heroes" fan. LeBou died not too long ago as well.

oops. Just checked this out. Strangely not dead it seems?

Robert Clary (born March 1, 1926 as Robert Max Widerman) is a French-born actor of Jewish descent. He is mainly known for his role as Corporal Louis LeBeau of the Hogan's Heroes television sitcom.

And yeah, the matrix CAN cover its tracks pretty damn well....except for a few of us that are on the fringe.

Ray Combs? never heard of him though. I thought drew carey took it after dawson?

Remember how many times they have killed zawahiri the "terrorist"?

"slow news today? ah hell. Kill zawa again."

just gets weirder.

I wonder if the purple pill will negate the effects of the "red" pill?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I remember "Fish" dying as well.

I was amazed at how old he was.

Not that your "reality" is less than mine though.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
reply to post by TheComte

I remember "Fish" dying as well.

I was amazed at how old he was.

Not that your "reality" is less than mine though.

You probably remember that because People magazine mistakenly reported one day that Abe Vigoda had died, and a few other news organizations picked up on it and repeated the mistaken report.

People magazine quickly put out a correction, but by that time it was too late. The public remembers the wrong story about his death, but very few remember the story a few days later the tried to correct the mistake.

In Richard Dawson's case, people thought he died years ago only because Ray Combs -- another host of Family Feud -- had committed suicide, and the people were mistaken as to who had died. They heard "Family Feud Host Dies", and many wrongfully assumed it was Dawson.

edit on 7/12/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I'm sure another will happen soon...

Maybe the whole charade is falling apart?

Hey what's up BTW.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join