Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Hot peppers

page: 1
3

log in

join

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So this year I decided to plant a few different strands of hot peppers. I plan on making hot sauce with half of them.
List some tested recipes that you enjoy, preferably with scotch bonnets

Thanks and have a wonderful day




posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Basic salsa, boil tomatoes and choice of peppertil soft.
I add garlic powder and salt.
If u like it chunky, smash with bottom of glass. Smooth blend in blender. Lol
my mom threw her tomatoes in the barbeque pit once. Yum!

Habanaro mango salsa is sweet and hot! Yum! But Idk how to make it.



posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I love hot peppers....or spice on near everything.

I got a really good tip from a fellow ats staff member. Get some Habanaro peppers....stem and half them. Stick them in a food dehydrator until crispy and grind in a coffee grinder. Then put the fresh Habanaro powder in a shaker of some sort, I use an empty McCormick bottle. It can be used on everything without overpowering the actual flavor of the food you are eating....and the stuff lasts forever....



posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
Basic salsa, boil tomatoes and choice of peppertil soft.
I add garlic powder and salt.
If u like it chunky, smash with bottom of glass. Smooth blend in blender. Lol
my mom threw her tomatoes in the barbeque pit once. Yum!

Habanaro mango salsa is sweet and hot! Yum! But Idk how to make it.


Habanero salsa? tight
Barbeque tomatoes?> tight
This is why i didn't ask google and instead came to the people. Thank you.
I might do a mango-pineapple habanero hot sauce > assisted by showintail of the net.
First time for using purple tomatoes in a salsa too-



posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I love hot peppers....or spice on near everything.

I got a really good tip from a fellow ats staff member. Get some Habanaro peppers....stem and half them. Stick them in a food dehydrator until crispy and grind in a coffee grinder. Then put the fresh Habanaro powder in a shaker of some sort, I use an empty McCormick bottle. It can be used on everything without overpowering the actual flavor of the food you are eating....and the stuff lasts forever....


I have some cayenne growing too but no dehydrator. I suppose I could dry them out in the oven but I've never tried it before. Thanks
Do you guys marinate your peppers? I do this with with the mild ones and itt adds so much when eating them raw/
Just throw the peppers right into a half empty jar of pickles

(don't tell your girl)
edit on 3-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
1. habanero-pineapple hot sauce
2. cayenne hot sauce
3. habanero hot sauce
4. Smoked cayenne
5. Salsas - cherokee purple bbq
Roma?
6.Jalapenos/ ?
7. Blackberry? Blackberry bbq sauce



posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed
 

Lol first I had it with barbeque tomatoes, but u could taste the pit!!
I can ask her exactly how she roasted them.if u want.



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
reply to post by HamrHeed
 

Lol first I had it with barbeque tomatoes, but u could taste the pit!!
I can ask her exactly how she roasted them.if u want.



. I will just roast/smoke them on a relatively low heat and they will turn out fine. Thanks for the input.I had never thought of cooking them on the bbq

If you have any other ideas, add em.
Peace



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Don't forget salsa Verde! Use tomatillos instead of tomatoes!






top topics



 
3

log in

join