It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One dead, seven others injured in Eaton Centre shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Really?? Holy crap! I know this country as peaceful, and been to Eaton center MANY times, but this is off the wall!!

One person is dead and another seven have been rushed to hospital, two of them in critical condition, following a shooting inside the Eaton Centre food court Saturday evening

What the hell is going on??

Link Here

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Someone beat you to it,
in fact I think it's still on the real time headlines lol.
You did have more information in yours to I'll give you a S&F anyway.
edit on 2-6-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Pretty wicked....at a EAT on center....I should smack myself for that one

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
See active thread on Other Current Events here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, I do not know if this news qualifies as chit chat. Certainly I would be very happy if you added to the thread, at least.

Also, we have pictures from the scene from my friend and updates on deaths/critical condition there.

So we DO have more news there if you'd like to contribute to the news thread.
edit on 2-6-2012 by windus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

According to Const. Victor Kwong, the interior search of the mall has ended and the shooter is still at-large.

CP24 News

Const. Victor Kwong of the Toronto police said that one victim was pronounced dead at the downtown shopping mall. Two more are in critical condition and another has "life-threatening" injuries.

It is not yet clear whether all the injuries resulted from the gun shots.

CBC News

Note: the non-gun shot related wounds are estimated to be from the melee of those fleeing the scene. Please keep this life threatening situation in mind when faced with a critical situation like this, one and all. I didn't think that trampling like this still happened, but what a terrible reason to lose a life! I am so, so saddened right now.

I can't be with my friends to soothe them, who were witnesses to this (see picture in linked thread to get an idea of how close). I just moved away from the city recently and am both relieved and torn.

edit on 2-6-2012 by windus because: updates on deaths and sources

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by windus
See active thread on Other Current Events here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, I do not know if this news qualifies as chit chat. Certainly I would be very happy if you added to the thread, at least.

Also, we have pictures from the scene from my friend and updates on deaths/critical condition there.

So we DO have more news there if you'd like to contribute to the news thread.

Ooops, sorry for that. I usually pick up the new threads. That being said, I don't see how this is BREAKING ALTERNATIVE NEWS - it is mainstream.... so I put in General chat. But hey, apparently you know better?? So where should I have put it!??

edit on 2-6-2012 by TortoiseKweek because: grammar

Seems it has been moved to "OTHER CURRENT EVENTS"
edit on 2-6-2012 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

TortoiseKweek, I apologize for my brusque net tone tonight. I am personally agonizing over the event, and I regret shoving you or anyone else around.

I wish I could flag this thread 100 times, you know?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windus

No prob man!

I think all of us here in Toronto area are a bit shaken and pissed off at this. So emotions are running high. I have to be honest, I'm not cool headed now, majorly pissed off at this!

This is my home, and when people do this crap, I get MAD! So please forgive me for my bad attitude tonight, but I AM MAD about this!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Preach!

25 year old man dead, 20 year olds male critical, 3 (2 male 1 female) in serious condition, 13 YEAR OLD in critical, woman shocked into labour as she is knocked down.

I now know what it is to be LIVID.

I know violence like this has always been happening in the world, but I can't help but ask: Why is this happening in our city? In Dundas Square???

Crowd submits pictures and videos, CBC News (also, injury and death toll updates). KILLER still at large
edit on 2-6-2012 by windus because: link added

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
In a city where the cops lead the violent part of the demonstrations......this is not that shocking....i think the PTB will use it to go after even more gun laws.....
Its always the same thing, the people pay for the criminals actions....and we eat it up.......

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I really don't know any city where being a law enforcer doesn't draw in a lot of the worst power tripping hidden tyrants in a society.

I love to sound an age old drum; we refuse to blanket an entire group with one statement regarding the violence of a certain, shameful number of them.

Those cops today saved lives.
edit on 2-6-2012 by windus because: reply to link was missing

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Mental illness doesn't exactly have a nationality man. Crazy comes from all nations.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by windus
reply to post by stirling

Those cops today saved lives.
edit on 2-6-2012 by windus because: reply to link was missing

Let me tell you about cops in Canada.... They are amazing people! Utmost respect to the boys in blue! I respect them large! They did things for me, that no police force in the world would do! So, Peel Police.... THIS SHOUT OUT GOES TO YOU!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Mental illness doesn't exactly have a nationality man. Crazy comes from all nations.

Did I say it did? What thread are you reading? Did I infer some crazy #, cause if I did and offended you, I apologize.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Did I say it did? What thread are you reading? Did I infer some crazy #, cause if I did and offended you, I apologize.

Most people that go on a shooting/killing spree are nuttier than squirrel turds.

top topics

join