It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Boyd Shooting: Murder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hi ATS.

I was asked by a fellow ATS-member to do a thread about this case.
So i did a little digging and found this is a dubious case.

So lets commence, shall we?

The man in question is Paul Boyd, a man diagnosed as bipolar and some agressive outbursts in the past.

The police was cleared in this case but now a new video has surfaced that might help shed some light on this case.

The question i want to ask here; was excessive force used?
Was it necassry to shoot this man? 9 times?
Is this a death that could've been prevented?

A little background info:

The video didn't capture the entire event in which Boyd — who was suffering from bipolar disorder and paranoia — fought with police, striking two officers with a bicycle chain and lock.

The video also doesn't show Boyd absorbing punches from police, blows from their batons and even several bullets fired to his midsection, yet not giving up.

B.C.'s Criminal Justice Branch considered the case twice and both times concluded "there is insufficient evidence to establish that the officer's use of force was excessive in the circumstances."

Now i'm going to ask you guys and gals, to judge for yourself.

Here are two videos concerning the event:

This is what Boyd's father had to say after watching the video.

Boyd's father said he appreciates that police have a lot of leeway when it comes to using lethal force. But after seeing the video, David Boyd said he believes Chipperfield should be removed from active duty, if not taken off the force.

So what do you think ATS?

Justified use of force?
Or murder?

link to one of the countless stories about this incident
edit on 2-6-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thank you for making this much appreciated.

This whole story has had me shaking my head at the way the Police in British Columbia handle things. This man was clearly on his hands and knees, after being shot multiple times, and now unarmed. To be finished with a shot to the head when the multiple officers there could have subdued him, is just mind boggling, then to boot officer chipperfield is re-assign and re-trained to forensics when he should have been charged with murder and locked up just absolutely bloody pathetic.

Cops in this province in my opinion lack the physical capacity to apprehend people with out lethal force, so there quick to the trigger, IT NEEDS TO STOP!!!!

SaneThinking

join