It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Limit for Editing Posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I just went back to edit a post for spelling which i posted a little over two hours ago, yet when i hit the edit button i got this message;

"You have exceeded the maximum window of 4 hours allowed to edit your post"

As i stated, i only posted the post a little over 2 hours ago, but it says i have exceeded the "4 Hour" time limit.

Now i'm not fussed about correcting the spelling mistake now.

But in regards to the editing time limit, which is it... 2 Hours or 4 Hours?

And could this be changed... To either correct the "maximum window" editing message to 2 hours, or could it be changed to actually allow us to edit our posts within the "maximum window" of 4 hours?

Cheers,

Skitz

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It's a recurring bug reported every few months.

Unlikely to be fixed.

Also, another thing broken with the site is one of very basic things - contact.

the form at www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/contact.php is broken.

plus the manual email [email protected] referred to by the error message is also non functional, emails sent there fail to deliver.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

If you edit immediately after posting, you will see a message above the editing box which tells you how much time you've got left.
This appears to count down from 120 minutes, which is 4hours in ATS time, but only two hours in the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by skitzspiricy

If you edit immediately after posting, you will see a message above the editing box which tells you how much time you've got left.
This appears to count down from 120 minutes, which is 4hours in ATS time, but only two hours in the rest of the world.

Cool.. Thanks for the information, all this time and i never noticed that.

I'm sure a few may not notice either, until they reach the two hour limit and try and edit a post or thread and think;

"Hey! It says 4 hours, not 2. I'm gonna go make a thread in Board Business and Questions asking about this"

Admin, can this be fixed by either changing the message to the correct time or maybe even allowing us 4 hours?

edit on 2-6-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Yeah this happens to me allot. That's why I have gotten in the habit or double checking most of my posts before posting. I will type it out in the reply box, preview it, then spell check in Word. Then I copy and paste.

If it's a small post no, but when more than 3 lines I recommend doing this. Same with making threads. I don't put a title until I am ready to post it.

If I know there will be more than one initial response for a thread I author, I type them all out in the reply box, checking for character limit. Then I spell check and save to a temporary notepad. When I think the thread is about right I begin to post. I post them all once and recheck them while reading one last time. I edit as needed form that point on.

I would be nice to get the 4 hours though.

EDIT:
wow never noticed the time limit up there. Nice.
edit on 2-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
i am confused - i have seen the edit option on my posts upto 8 hours after the event

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

But have you tried using it?
Having an edit option button doesn't mean you're still allowed to edit.

new topics

top topics

join