It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids Find, and Return, Yankees Playoff Tickets Worth $20K

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
www.mercurynews.com...

This is a heartening story, much like the one about the janitor who turned in a similar sum of cash.

Kids find, and return, Yankees playoff tickets

By the Associated Press

SUMMIT, N.J. - Talk about temptation: $20,000 worth of box-seat tickets for New York Yankees playoff games, just lying there on the street. Nine youngsters who came across them gave the tickets to the police.

``I am absolutely amazed by their honesty,'' said Fran Durst, a spokeswoman for Wachovia Bank, which owned the tickets. ``What a temptation, just to take these tickets and go to the game. But they did the right thing.''

Only four of 70 tickets in a package worth $20,000 that apparently fell off a delivery truck Monday are still missing, she said.

Since the tickets -- some worth $2,600 each -- are for bank customers, the bank will treat the boys and their parents to a New Jersey Nets game Dec. 10 against New Orleans from its luxury box at the Continental Airlines Arena, Durst said.

[edit on 04/10/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Amazing guys!

These are the kind of people we need living in our world, not stealing, murdering drug lords.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Now that's what I call some really good kids! Just think, Nine kids and they were all in it together. There some really pleased parents out there in Summit, N.J.

You know, reading good news like this really makes my day!

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Those kids are a bit absent-minded.

First off, their honesty and integrity is incredible. They're just like me.

However, they were YANKEES play-off tickets. You are supposed to throw them away, not give them back!

[edit on 2-10-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

top topics

join