It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technological indicators of the Earth's intelligent advancement happening now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I was watching my dog be a dog the other day and I realized something about intelligence. It's a matter of what you care about.

It's not that my dog is an idiot, its just that he doesn't care much about anything but himself. I realized that if only he cared about others, he would be much more intelligent, and probably could develop better communication skills, because he would, for once, have a real need for them. SInce he doesn't care though, he doesn't even look for the kind of information needed to formulate solutions for obtaining anything other than what he needs for himself.

Humans are different than every other animal on the planet. I'm not sure if we're the most intelligent, because of dolphins and what not, but we are definitely intellectually elite. There's a difference between having intelligence and being able to use it. Being able to use it is our intellectual ability.

Let me say, before I continue, that I think the way we judge intelligence is probably wrong. I think intelligence should be judged on an animals own relative terms. A dog doesn't make technology not because its dumb, it's simply because a dog doesn't need to. However, with that said, we are still elite and that's because of our focus.

As I said before, dogs generally do not care about much else other than themselves. Humans are different because they have an awareness and concern for humanity as a whole. Even as we sat around campfires in early history, we had a strong desire to explore the Earth, and we were destined to set up a global network of human communication and human international societies. And I attribute that solely to our concern for other humans. It was our concern, first, that drove our progression into coming up with solutions. These solutions required that we gain a certain kind and degree of knowledge.

Our technological progression, to me, seems to correlate with human progression. This is why I think we are on the verge of an evolutionary change in human focus. With relatively new technologies like Geo-engineering, hybrid-electric vehicles, and clean energy, it seems apparent that humans are upgrading their concern not just for human kind, but for the earth as a whole.

Here's where it gets speculative, and you can feel free to strongly disagree because I do not assert the validity of anything I am about to say. I think that maybe, just maybe, the whole Earth is undergoing this progression. And when one group of beings changes it focus, so too does every other being change their focus in order to adapt. With that said, since it seems humans are in the beginning stages of changing their focus of concern from one of humanity to one of the Earth, then I would expect (if my speculative calculations are correct) that a lot of other animals will be changing their focus of concern from one of themselves to one of their species as a whole.

With this theory, it would seem the Earth is gradually becoming a hyper-intelligent planetary whole, in which every being here is able to communicate with every other kind of being here. Maybe we will no longer need to eat each other and we can just survive on our own hyper-actualized inner essence or some crap like that. I don't know. Just a thought.

One thing I do know, though, is that if you broaden what you care about and love, your intelligence will improve because in doing so, you must broaden the kind of information required to solve problems outside of your own personal needs. I think it is our destiny to become involved with efforts of ensuring the survival of the universe and determining its course. All it takes is for one to care.
edit on 1-6-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If I don't get any replies, I'm posting this again.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

"and we can just survive on our own hyper-actualized inner essence or some crap like that"

You eat what ever you said above.
I hope none of the cannibals running around out there eat either one of us.
The world as it is indicates that people are egotistical psychopaths or sheeple.
Give me a lamb chop please!
BTW your dog has more brains than both Congress and the Senate

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

"and we can just survive on our own hyper-actualized inner essence or some crap like that"

You eat what ever you said above.
I hope none of the cannibals running around out there eat either one of us.
The world as it is indicates that people are egotistical psychopaths or sheeple.
Give me a lamb chop please!
BTW your dog has more brains than both Congress and the Senate

I got a knife in my pocket for a cannibal trying to get at me. Although I heard the zombies are pretty hard to kill. If I can at least stab his eye out, then I can just hide.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Have you been watching too many PIXAR movies?

Seriously though if you watch them there is a hidden agenda of awareness in other creatures other than humanity. Not just in a cartoonish (pun intact) sort of way, but in a feeling, living being (Wally, Toy Story, Doug the talking dog! etc) sort of way! Just thought I would point this out since you mentioned dogs...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In all seriousness I find animals far more intelligent than most folks.
Folks are like ants and bees. Insects takin orders from hesdquarters. Animals on the other hand are like Lassie and Rin Tin Tin.
I have watched creatures of nature and find them way less harmful to the planet than a pill or plastics manufacturer.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Humans are different than every other animal on the planet. I'm not sure if we're the most intelligent, because of dolphins and what not, but we are definitely intellectually elite. There's a difference between having intelligence and being able to use it. Being able to use it is our intellectual ability.

But dolphins are different than every other animal on the planet as well.

I'm not sure how all of humanity can take the credit of a few men. If a man can use a computer, how is that any more special than a bear riding a bicycle or a dog playing a piano. Did the bear create the bicycle? Did the dog invent the piano? Did that man invent that computer? No, they were trained to use it.

Mankind cannot take credit for something only a few of its species created, when they were merely trained, like domesticated animals, to use it properly.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The standard by which the cosmos views earth is by the majority citizen. That would be a poor, low IQ (raising the standard of living during the 1900's raised IQ 10 degrees every decade), third world woman, with a very high child mortality rate.

All the ideas people have about keeping our food pure (which is good), and prepping for disasters (which is also good) are self indulgence when our only concern, and raises "intelligence", is caring for the poor and equalizing. Not how long you live, not if you avoid poisons, not if you avoid disasters (which are karmic anyway and are mitiaged enormously by genorsity, kindness, giving and working for equality). Period!

The intelligence is SOUL/LIGHT ORB. And the test is to grow that bigger. The only method of doing so is to see through the world and strive to care for others and equalize. That is the earth test.

Doing so grows our infinite intellgence much bigger to the hundreds of thousands of times our small golf ball size intelligence here now.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
For all those programmed by the PTB into the isms, who think it righteous that they agree to work as slaves to own land, when it belongs to everyone, and that only a minority live above the poverty level, for anyone who doesn't care about others, any advantage to growing their technological intelligence will be short lived.

Because their real intelligence, their soul, will regress to smaller than golf ball size. They're losing intelligence by being worldly and not equalizing.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I've seen dogs judge humans as good or bad when they first meet.

Humans can't do that.

Looking at what we've done to this planet how can you conclude humans are intelligent?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
animals have a greater intellect than we could imagine because they have full access to their spiritual selves.Information is spreading so is awareness.Hostility and 'might makes right"is rapidly going out of fashion and thus intelligence will take it's place as the logical competition.Soon I won't have a place with my warrior intellect but that is my greatest reward and success,but it hasn't happened fully.
So I am going to art school.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Smithy, I pray you're right about this, because what I see here every day is darkness. How as a species, can we be getting smarter, when the average American still believes that 9/11 was carried out by 19 arabs with boxcutters? Can you give me some examples that might bolster your argument?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed

Smithy, I pray you're right about this, because what I see here every day is darkness. How as a species, can we be getting smarter, when the average American still believes that 9/11 was carried out by 19 arabs with boxcutters? Can you give me some examples that might bolster your argument?

I love a guy that can turn a bad thread into some good sense.

new topics

top topics

join