It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cometa Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I just did an ATS search on the COMETA REPORT, and was almost floored that I didnt get anything!!
The Cometa Report is the study done by very credible french scientists and government personell on the subject of UFO's and the possible threat that UFO's pose to our planet. It was done in 1999. I have yet to find a word for word translation to english, which I find odd. Supposedly this report says that according to the Cometa researchers, UFO's and the possible threat that they pose are REAL. The report , supposedly goes on to ponder how to deal with such a threat. All I can find on the web about this report is just brief excerpts.
I find it quite odd that such a government report would not be translated word for word in english. what do my fellow ATS'ers think????

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Did a quick google search and here is a basic summary about what it is all about:

www.cufos.org...

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
i have found a couple of summaries also, but wouldnt you think that such an important study by such notable people would be published in a word for word english translation??? I certainly do!! I havent found one yet and am wondering why that is?? Any ideas?? Government censorship??

[edit on 2-10-2004 by shoafy]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I picked up an english translated version of it from Stanton Friedman(don't know if he still has any copies left).It is astounding,particularly when one takes into account that France's top Military personnel and Scientists were behind it.Much different than the take from our gov and science departments.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thats what I mean....Isnt it very strange that a report by such notable people has not had more notice in the US??? why hasnt it been translated to english and published and been widely distributed in this country??

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoafy
Thats what I mean....Isnt it very strange that a report by such notable people has not had more notice in the US??? why hasnt it been translated to english and published and been widely distributed in this country??

Or better yet,recieved wide spread press attention?I think we can probably guess the answer,hehheh.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoafy
i have found a couple of summaries also, but wouldnt you think that such an important study by such notable people would be published in a word for word english translation??? I certainly do!! I havent found one yet and am wondering why that is?? Any ideas?? Government censorship??

[edit on 2-10-2004 by shoafy]

There is an English translation of the report in PDF document form (here)

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
thanks for the link seth..i'll check it out. I also find it very very strange that it has never been discussed on here before.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I found this on ATS.. Cometa Report

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think that the reason it never got much atention is because it was basically considered to be the work of a bunch of kooks by the French government.

It's easy to come up with a title and some names. But *IF* it was released by a real military committe, it would have either been classified top secret OR it would have made every headline around the country. It was apparently published in a UFO magazine.

Now... how much attention do you think OUR government pays to documents published in UFO magazines?

A number of UFOlogists have proclaimed it simply a promotional event by VSD magazine:
www.nidsci.org...

(for the record, the way the thing was published leads me to be VERY skeptical. The military has press liasons and ways of getting out controversial material. And if you're a scientist, you do NOT put out important research in UFO jouranls. If you have something controversial and dangerous, you contact reporters and work with them to present your research and evidence in ways that the people will pay attention to. And you publish in places like SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN (which does publish controversial material... but ONLY if it passes some very hardcore tests of the evidence. If it was really from high level military and scientific people, it would have been handled much differently in my experience.)

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Actually,that's not true in this case Byrd.The People in involved with this are top notch,and well known throughout France.

1.Professor Andre Lebeau-French National Center for space studies

2.General Bernard Norlain-Director of Institute for Advanced National Defense Studies(IHEDN)

3.General Dennis Letty-Air Force,2nd section,AA

4.Jean-Jaques Velasco-Head of SEPRA

5.Edmond Campagnac-Technical Director of Air France

6.Michel Perrier-Squadron Commander,Gendarmerie Nationale

7.Joseph Domange-Air Force General

Just to name a few involved with the project.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Also,the report was not released to a UFO magazine.The magazine was one of France's most popular,but it had nothing to do with UFO's.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I was under the same impression as you 11thdimension. From what I have read and heard, this was a serious study done by french military and government people.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

A number of UFOlogists have proclaimed it simply a promotional event by VSD magazine:

True...but I really have to wonder.... From what I've seen, it's interesting to say the least... Thanks to an above member for the pdf in English...I'd always used a translator before for it.

We've talked about it (or at least mentioned it) before on ATS...don't know why it didn't come up in a search...

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension
Actually,that's not true in this case Byrd.The People in involved with this are top notch,and well known throughout France.

(okay.. .checking on them...)

1.Professor Andre Lebeau-French National Center for space studies

Okay.. that checks out.

2.General Bernard Norlain-Director of Institute for Advanced National Defense Studies(IHEDN)

Not a military or government organization, this is some sort of "institute of higher learning." It's an institution and yes, I see some government ties, but I'm not sure how to interpret it (I think we need someone who lives in France to eyeball this.)

3.General Dennis Letty-Air Force,2nd section,AA

4.Jean-Jaques Velasco-Head of SEPRA

SEPRA is sorta-kinda like MUFON.

However, in all fairness, the data does check out. So my next question is "what's going on, then?" I went to the site where I found my summary:
ufocasebook.com...

I think I can see why it's being ignored:
1 - there's absolutly no proof. They've got models and hypotheses, but nobody has ever brought an alien in to meet the President and all the generals, no alien has ever appeared on TV, and none has landed to display technology to vast crowds of people.
2 - They present theories and hypotheses -- but no way to test those other than by "More observation."
3 - they call for increased funding. France (like a lot of other nations) has internal and external problems. I don't think the government is really ready to move toward anything like this UNLESS someone comes up with some hard core documentation of a real extraterrestrial. Now, if Spock showed up on their doorstep with a cohort of Vulcans, you can bet the situation will change RealFast!

For example, Colin Powell might find evidence of Martians very compelling and might join with some others to urge the United States to prepare in case of Martian invasion... but I sincerely doubt that unless there's good and clear evidence (not debateable cases) that there are real Martians showing up, that the US government really isn't going to fund any preparations.

And logically, why should they? Untill we know beyond a shadow of a doubt what they've got and how it works, trying to prepare against it is like... trying to prepare against a disease that hasn't even evolved yet but is going to evolve in the 23rd century.

(I'm just guessing, there. But there has to be something that made the government officials so skeptical that they dismissed the report and it was published in a magazine, instead. And the fact that it's been ignored since then indicates that few people seemed to find it worthy of any concern.)

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

For example, Colin Powell might find evidence of Martians very compelling and might join with some others to urge the United States to prepare in case of Martian invasion... but I sincerely doubt that unless there's good and clear evidence (not debateable cases) that there are real Martians showing up, that the US government really isn't going to fund any preparations.

Hehe....bad example, as Colin's likely to have more evidence of ET than he did of WMD in Iraq, and he was able to get a whole war going!

top topics

join